Siteworx Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Siteworx Reviews

Updated Apr 27, 2018

Found 68 reviews

2.8
Siteworx CEO Andrew Walker (no image)
Andrew Walker
Pros
  • "Great people who genuinely care about their coworkers(in 6 reviews)

• "(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "As people at the doer level are being let go to fund the expensive chiefs , there are no more indians to do the real work(in 7 reviews)

• "New upper management has financial incentive to succeed, but no one else does(in 6 reviews)

"Typical Consulting Company"

Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Siteworx full-time for less than a year

Pros

Had worked with a few good co-workers but only knew a few as deployed to a client immediately. Pay was ok I guess as it was my first job in the US market. There might be other new benefits when changes were implemented but had left already before it happened.

Cons

As I was deployed immediately to a client after hiring, I never had much interaction with other co-workers aside from those who got deployed later to the same client. Since client was happy then, there were no plans of rolling-off to new projects until after numerous requests. I had just felt a bit isolated and did not appreciate it then thus my frustration. I felt that there was no real direction.

Advice to Management

Even if client might be satisfied, make sure that consultants deployed do not feel isolated.

Siteworx2016-04-11

"AVOID AT ALL COSTS"

Former Employee - Office Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Siteworx full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some nice people, that's it.

Cons

Everything - communication from top management was ineffective at best, staff in Reston was particularly insufferable.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like humans.

Siteworx2018-04-27
  3. "Good company that is going through a lot of changes"

Former Employee - User Experience Designer in Reston, VA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Siteworx full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people to work with. Variety of projects to work and plenty of opportunities to learn/grow yourself.

Cons

The last few months I was there, the main direction of the company was a little unclear. So, messaging could probably improve.

Siteworx2018-02-07
  4. "Full Time Employee"

I have been working at Siteworx full-time

Pros

-brought in some of the top talent from other digital agencies (think Accenture, IBM, and Sapient) that bring in connections to wide range of prospects -A lot of opportunity to grow within the company -more new client deals closing along with existing clients which helps with job security -Chicago and Raleigh offices have a great culture and fun work environment -if you align yourself with the right people at... work, they go out of their way to help you become more successful -small company so hard work is recognized especially to upper management

Cons

-going through a transitional period with a new c suite, a lot of people are quitting because of it -a lot of upper management is so obsessed with bringing in new clients that it has installed fear into employees. Leads to a very hostile environment between upper and lower management

Advice to Management

Take the time to thank your employees for their hard work, especially the ones who have stuck around for the transition. Also, if you want your employees to stick around, install motivation and positivity rather than fear.

Siteworx2017-12-18

"Avoid."

I worked at Siteworx

Pros

- There are still genuinely good people there and you can form great relationships. - High salary potential; required due to internal climate. - Many opportunities to do what you want.

Cons

- Company is in dire situation from sales perspective. - Technical leadership has left. - 28 people have voluntarily left since April 2017 (almost a third of the company). - New upper management has financial incentive to succeed, but no one else does. - All new hires come from Accenture. "Top talent" is mostly a bust.

Advice to Management

Start your own company next time, don't ruin an existing one.

Siteworx2017-12-21
  6. "Positive changes are happening.."

I have been working at Siteworx full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great people who genuinely care about their coworkers - Strong client list due to hard internal work - New changes are happening with hire of CEO that can be very positive for the company if done right

Cons

- Need more transparency with new changes

Siteworx2017-07-27

"No Bonuses (more salt to wound)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Siteworx full-time for more than a year

Pros

My team is awesome and dependable. Our HR team is awesome and very helpful.

Cons

We got notice about not receiving our bonuses a couple hours before the money was supposed to be paid. Received an email from the CEO about "delay in collecting statements". No sure what that means but we didn't receive a direct reason. While they are making changes to the CEO, they should also change leadership at our headquarters office in DC. Changes must happen for this company to grow.

Advice to Management

Please please please change the hierarchy before even more people leave.

Siteworx2017-03-20

"Desperate for Leadership Guidance and Training"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Siteworx full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love the non managerial co workers who, by the way, actually do the work

Cons

Operational leadership need serious work, you can't expect profitable results with individuals over operations who are not qualified. It just can't and won't work!

Advice to Management

Put employees in positions who are capable of leading the company. You can't promote previous co workers because they're your friends.

Siteworx2017-03-15

"Development and Delusions"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Reston, VA

I worked at Siteworx full-time for more than a year

Pros

Siteworx's non-management employees are some of the most creative, welcoming, talented, and supportive people I've ever met.

Cons

Although I voluntarily left Siteworx several months ago, I am still aghast at some of the practices I witnessed, as well as the delusion and denial that helped these bad practices persist. On the surface, Siteworx seems like a “cool place to work” (think open floor plan, nice chairs, in-office happy hours), yet in this place exist some very unhappy people. During my employment, I had no less than three managers... in the span of one year, each worse than the next. My manager at time of departure was quite obviously inexperienced, insensitive, and threatened by anyone who would question his “expertise.” I voiced my concerns to upper management to no avail. Projects were routinely and repeatedly underbid to gain “logos,” thus making the projects over budget week one. Sadly, the decision to underbid was swiftly forgotten. Siteworx’s project managers were made to track hours to the penny and face weekly tribunals with finance to explain why their projects were not meeting the unrealistically high margins seen in those funded correctly (of which there were very few). Siteworx’s agile practice was limping along when I left, although the few agile champions there did make a noble attempt. Unfortunately, Siteworx itself was resistant to applying these principles to its own work, thus denying the business the ability to reap the same benefits we were selling to clients. “Rush jobs,” overtime, mistrust, and multi-tasking was the norm. Stay far away. There are other agencies that will respect you, appreciate you, and give you time to build great things.

Advice to Management

We all know the emperor has no clothes.

Siteworx2016-12-07

"Changes on a whim"

I worked at Siteworx full-time

Pros

Modern workspace - standing/adjustable desks, living rooms, bright Smart people Variety of client verticals

Cons

Don't trust those that are close to the CEO. Everything you tell them goes right back to him. If you disagree with him, you won't last.

Advice to Management

Figure out who you want to be & stick with it. Spend money on those efforts that keep customers happy & coming back

Siteworx2016-11-11