Smartsheet Reviews

Updated 19 Jan 2021

4.1
Smartsheet CEO Mark Mader
Mark Mader
Pros
  • "Huge work-life balance - managers walk the walk, and encourage others to do the same(in 28 reviews)

• "They take care of employees, and offer a great product(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "mediocre base salary, low bonuses, no 401k match)(in 16 reviews)

• "Growing pains, continuous structural changes(in 14 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time

Pros

Great benefits and work culture

Cons

None that I can think of

2. "Challenging and rewarding"

Current Employee - Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time

Pros

Great work/life balance, no micromangement.

Cons

None that come to mind.

3. "Good Company-Unrealistic growth Expectations from Management"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Executive
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Well funded, good benefits, great employee's, good product for mid market

Cons

Management focused on hyper growth, Career path sorely lacking, product not ready for Large Enterprise, Management Expectations out of line with market demand. Typically Pay is below market.

4. "Good experience"

4.0
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer II in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Smartsheet full-time

Pros

Overall good, people are well intentioned

Cons

Going through some growing pains

"Okay but not perfect"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great coworkers! Good opportunity to learn about how a company grows.

Cons

Lots of changes due to growth in a short amount of time. Hopefully it is for the best.

"Really good people but slow career progression"

4.0
    Former Employee - Data Analyst

I worked at Smartsheet full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great values and a supportive place to work - Good Benefits - Smart colleagues - Lots of freedom to take charge

Cons

- Slow career progression. Unless you're truly exceptional (in a team of very good people), it takes a minimum of 3-4 years to get a promotion from an entry level data position. - Most of the data leaders are not very experienced. There is no executive leader in the company with years of technical data science experience in the industry. As a result, there is very less focus on groundbreaking data science work and it's mostly building reports and ad-hoc data pulls.

"Not that great"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Smartsheet full-time

Pros

benefits are pretty good and that's really it

Cons

Company policies were constantly violated by employees and no one batted an eye. Firing people without cause or official warning. Diversity does not exist. Management does not act on fixing problems, nor do they really care. Sales org is all about the clique culture, you either belong or you don't last very long. Don't bother wasting your time talking to HR - it won't help- in fact, it might just make things worse even if it's innocent non-issue related. Regardless of the department- the negative reviews on here are 100% accurate. The good reviews are either from people still drinking the Koolaid or people who were asked by HR to write something nice.

Continue reading

Smartsheet Response

January 13, 2021CEO

Violation of company policies is never acceptable. If a violation takes place, steps should immediately be taken to address the issue at hand. If any employee doesn’t believe that's happening, I encourage them to reach out to HR or to use our internal employee feedback form to uplevel the issue to me and our Chief People and Culture Officer (there is an option to submit anonymously). We’re committed to fostering a culture of growth and inclusion, and we won’t succeed if we turn a blind eye to open and honest conversations. Regarding pressuring people to write glowing reviews — we simply don’t do that. Lastly, at the end of last year we hired a Director of DEI, and I'm looking forward to the progress being made to advance our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts. She'd welcome a conversation to share more about what we're doing in that space, and how employees can get involved. My door is always open to discuss any of these matters further. —Mark Mader, CEO of Smartsheet

8. "So glad to be done"

1.0

I worked at Smartsheet full-time for more than a year

Pros

The app is useful and the company uses Smartsheet a lot, so some folks are pretty familiar with it.

Cons

I am so glad to be leaving Smartsheet. Working on an admin team here has been draining. I have gotten so many vacation requests denied, I'm done working minimum 60 hour weeks and a lot more when it gets busier... and it is not related to the quarantine, I have been here several years and it has always been like this. It is disheartening to see how leaders and sales team members have treated my coworkers and me throughout the time I have worked here. People are disrespected on a daily basis, it has only been made a little better because we aren't in the office right now. If you are thinking of applying, you should be really careful which teams you are applying for - many people and teams have leadership support and many don't.

9. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer II in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time

Pros

- Team is super collaborative! - Very focused on employees. - Receptive to feedback and makes effort to improve continuously. - Fun projects to work on!

Cons

- Growing pains, continuous structural changes. - Salary good but not as competitive as larger companies.

10. "Great High Growth Company"

Former Employee - Technical Solutions Consultant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Smartsheet full-time

Pros

Responsible leadership in most groups and open culture

Cons

Burn out and exacting targets.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 226 English Reviews