Strategy& Reviews

Updated 28 Jul 2020

3.7
Strategy& Global Leader Leslie Moeller (no image)
Leslie Moeller
Pros
  • "smart people, interesting projects, some great clients(in 48 reviews)

• "Great people, specialize in industry area, strong compensation(in 32 reviews)

1. "Loving it"

Current Employee - Strategy Associate in Sydney

I have been working at Strategy& full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, exciting projects. Work hard on complex problems.

Cons

Long hours. Unpredictable schedule at some times.

2. "Visible nepotism (and lack of recognition for anyone else)"

2.0
    Former Employee - Associate in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Strategy& full-time for more than a year

Pros

A couple of standout mentors who are exceptional (unfortunately not the standard)

Cons

Expected to work late nights and weekends consistently; Skills unappreciated and not recognized in appraisals; Clear favorites / nepotism

3. "Overall a good place to work"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Strategy& full-time

Pros

Good remuneration and ok work life balance for a Strategy firm

Cons

Lacks the culture, drive and team spirit that Booz had

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Strategy& full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is the best place I have ever worked. My colleagues are extremely intelligent and a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Long hours, but thats something you know when coming into this industry. We are better off than the other top tier firms.

5. "Great firm"

I have been working at Strategy& full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very smart people (same as MBB but nicer) working on big impactful engagements, great rewards, great culture

Cons

Long hours but pretty standard for consulting. Friday's are pretty relaxed. Still figuring out how to work with PwC teams.

Continue reading
  6. "Best company to work for"

I have been working at Strategy& full-time

Pros

Nice supportive culture helping others to grow

Cons

Salary is lower than MBBs

7. "Manager"

5.0

I have been working at Strategy&

Pros

Great people. Rapidly growing business (faster than legacy Booz days), allowing for investmemt. Interesting projects. Good rem.

Cons

Global collaboration reduced post integration. Some internal processes and policies being aligned with PwC (some for better, others for worse).

"PwC slowly diluting a premium, global brand"

2.0
    Current Employee - Consultant in Melbourne

I have been working at Strategy& full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay, good perks on par with MBB, at least in our market. Reasonably interesting strategy projects. Some Booz partners still take mentoring seriously.

Cons

Brand dilution - after three years people still don't know what the brand is and how it is different to PwC. People knew Booz, but Strategy& is weird. Lack of global mobility.It is near impossible after shift from global single P&L to territorial model. There is very little knowledge sharing across nations and partners are seldom incentivised to sell international work. New grads / MBA who wish an international opportunity should probably look elsewhere Issues getting new good talent. The Strategy& brand just doesn't attract the same quality and volume of talent we used to. In our office only 20% of grads accepted the offers we made because we people see us as PwC and no different to the rest of PwC consulting. As a result we get sub par grads who just don't have the smarts and analytical skills. MBB, ATK and LEK grab all the good talent. Uncertainty around brand and investment. There is a lot of doubt whether the brand will survive. Most partners tip the brand will be gone in a few years. In addition, PwC decided to open up for Strategy& intellectual capital to everyone in the network so now any partner can go and try to sell strategy projects at budget rates with the right deck. This will be the last nail in the coffin. Usual politics in a huge bureaucracy, audit culture. Lack of exit opportunities. Recruiters see you as a big four consultant unless you worked with Booz for ten years before the acquisition. Loss of mentoring culture. Partners slowly sliding into mediocrity as they are no longer incentivised to mentor and lead via insights.

9. "Senior Associate"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Melbourne

I have been working at Strategy& full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazingly intelligent yet humble people. Incredible development opportunities. Quite simply you will never stop learning and everyone is willing to help and wants you to improve.

Cons

The hours are long, and the work can be very demanding. The travel can be exhausting as well, but there is the ability to negotiate this.

10. "Working at S&"

I have been working at Strategy& full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Highly talented, fun and down to earth colleagues Non-hierarchical Strong apprenticeship and feedback model Ability to engage with very senior clients (c-suite level) at a junior level Great perks e.g., meals expenses, MBA sponsorship Steep learning curve, quick progression

Cons

Global mobility is hard Brand requires investment to highlight our vision and history

Found 448 reviews