Swarovski Reviews

Updated 28 May 2020

3.5
Swarovski Executive Board Members Robert Buchbauer, Nadja Swarovski, Mathias Margreiter, Markus Langes-Swarovski (no image)
Robert Buchbauer, Nadja Swarovski, Mathias Margreiter, Markus Langes-Swarovski
Pros
Cons
  • "Sometimes very slow and hard to achieve sales goals(in 35 reviews)

• "Starts with upper management but you know they usually suck anyway(in 32 reviews)

1. "Friendly working environment, good vibe."

5.0
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Melbourne

I worked at Swarovski part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly working environment; Can wear the latest Swarovski products everyday.

Swarovski2019-06-28

July 31, 2019Sr Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Swarovski, we truly value constructive employee and customer feedback, both positive and negative. Our hope is to make each individual employee, from our stores to our corporate offices, feel that they are valued. Of course, we love when our former employees leave positive feedback such as your comment "Friendly working environment; Can wear the latest Swarovski products everyday". The employee discount along with our retail employee allotment are two of the most revered benefits and we love when our amazing staff can showcase our amazing products. As for your concerns about “The manager is really strict; Lots of online tasks and quiz; KPI makes me really struggling.", please note we provide online training as part of our commitment to invest in the ongoing training and development of our staff. With out proper training our staff will not be able to properly assist our customers and achieve our service standards. Once again thank you for taking the time to leave a review we truly value feedback both positive and negative. and we want to wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

2. "Casual Sales at Swarovski"

2.0
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Sydney

I worked at Swarovski part-time for less than a year

Pros

Generous discount, warm team and proper training

Cons

- Manager and higher ups only cared about sales. Manager would rather give those who made the most for the company more shifts while the others staff had no way to improve themselves since they were barely even working.

Swarovski2020-05-28
  3. "Swarovski"

I worked at Swarovski part-time

Pros

employee discount is pretty appealing

Cons

it really depends on your store manager

Swarovski2020-04-14

April 15, 2020HR Communication Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We very much appreciate it. At Swarovski, we truly value constructive employee and customer feedback. Our hope is to make each individual employee, from our stores to our corporate offices, feel that they are valued. We wish you much success in your career. We are looking forward to welcoming you in our stores again - as a colleague or as a customer.

4. "Fabulous culture!"

Former Employee - Advisor in Sydney

I worked at Swarovski full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing MD Amazing culture Beautiful offices People are proud to work there Passionate people Strong history

Cons

No parking provided for HQ

Swarovski2020-03-08

March 9, 2020HR Communication Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We very much appreciate it. At Swarovski, we truly value constructive employee and customer feedback. Our hope is to make each individual employee, from our stores to our corporate offices, feel that they are valued. We wish you much success in your career and are looking forward to welcoming you in our stores again - as a colleague or as a customer.

5. "Working at Swarovski"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Swarovski part-time for more than a year

Pros

- good staff discounts - staff are really friendly - flexible with shifts

Cons

- working long hours can be boring

Swarovski2020-03-03

March 6, 2020HR Communication Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We very much appreciate it. At Swarovski, we truly value constructive employee and customer feedback. Our hope is to make each individual employee, from our stores to our corporate offices, feel that they are valued. We wish you much success in your career with Swarovski.

6. "The worst experience I've ever had"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Swarovski full-time for less than a year

Pros

Salary Monthly bonus Great staff discount

Cons

Bad management no support from team or management No follow up on concerns and complaints Never experienced the treat ment I received in a short time being in this company . Too much admin and paperwork .

Swarovski2020-03-06

March 9, 2020HR Communication Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Swarovski, we truly value constructive employee and customer feedback, both positive and negative. If you have any concerns, please feel free to reach out to a member of our HR team, as we truly value constructive feedback from current and former employees as well as from our customers. Here at Swarovski we believe in fostering a culture of openness and willingness to fix any problem presented to us for the betterment of our company, employees and customers. Once again, we want to thank you for your feedback and wish you much success in your career. We are looking forward to welcoming you in our stores again - as a colleague or as a customer.

7. "Okay to an extent"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Swarovski part-time for more than a year

Pros

Commission if your store reaches monthly budget Good staff discount and team wear Had a really nice manager

Cons

Stressful upper management that doesn’t really care about you or your wellbeing

Swarovski2020-02-03

February 17, 2020Sr Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Swarovski, we truly value constructive employee and customer feedback, both positive and negative. Our hope is to make each individual employee, from our stores to our corporate offices, feel that they are valued, and Glassdoor is a platform that helps us understand what our employees are thinking. We have read your reviewing and of course were thrilled to read your list of Pros, as for your Cons "Stressful upper management that doesn’t really care about you or your wellbeing", of course we were disappointed to read this and want to make sure that you were aware that at Swarovski we have an open-door policy and encourage our employees to reach out to a member of upper management or HR to make sure their concerns and ideas for the betterment of the company are addressed and handled strategically and effectively in a timely matter, as only with constructive feedback from our current and former employees as well as our customers can we improve and remain relevant in today’s everchanging world. Please be assured your review will be shared with HR and Upper management and looked into. Once again, we want to thank you for taking the time to leave a review and wish you much success in your future endeavors

8. "The worst manager I have ever worked for"

Former Employee - Casual Sales Associate in Macquarie

I worked at Swarovski part-time for less than a year

Pros

I have always been a loyal customer and loved Swarovski and its products which is why I chose to work for the company. The staff discounts are very generous and I made some great friendships.

Cons

I worked at the Macquarie centre boutique and the head manager was extremely unpleasant to work with. She would always complain about her workload, vent to the causals about her personal issues and gossip about other co-workers. On my first day of the job, she "warned" me about another co-worker who I hadn't even met and told me many negative things about her which I found out to be completely untrue. She was clearly unable to give instructions without raising her voice and was always late to the job. She was contastantly angry, patronising even Infront of customers and many times very racist. There were many instances where she called my co-worker a "westerner" and also complained how she hated serving "blondies" because they were "entitled and pretentious". She also said something along the lines of "he probably does that in his country" in a very patronising tone after man who looked middle-eastern took a while to understand our exchange policy, of course this was not to his face. She also forced me to go get her a coffee during work hours and told me that I was lucky that she wasnt sending me on my actual lunch break. Once a few co-workers started standing up for themselves, the manager slowly started to cut their shifts regardless of their good kpi records and eventualy stopped giving them shifts all together saying we were "overstaffed" but then hired new associates once they quit. She also wouldn't let me sell a few items which would've made a difference to my KPI as she needed to put them on hold for an onseller she had contact with, which then of course, boosted her KPI. The only time she was was good to work with was when she knew the AM was coming so she was on her best behaviour. All this is to name just a few of the many negative experiences I had at this store. HR also turned me away saying that there was no "substantial evidence" and that there was little they could do. What is the point of having a HR if "there is nothing they can do"? This company does not care at all about their employees and have nothing good to offer except their staff discounts. I have previously worked for their competitors Pandora and Tiffany and co. all up to year and more and these companies are by far a more pleasant company to work for with managers who can actually demonstrate the work that is required. I would advise anyone and everyone not to work here. This is the worst company and store I have ever worked for and I regret ever applying for this postion.

Swarovski2020-01-03

January 7, 2020Sr Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Swarovski, we truly value constructive employee and customer feedback, both positive and negative. Our hope is to make each individual employee, from our stores to our corporate offices, feel that they are valued, and Glassdoor is a platform that helps us understand what our employees are thinking. We have read your review and we are sorry that you felt at Swarovski you had the “The worst manager I have ever worked for”. At Swarovski we have an open-door policy and encourage our employees to reach out to a member of upper management or HR to make sure their concerns and ideas for the betterment of the company are addressed and handled strategically and effectively in a timely matter, as only with constructive feedback from our current and former employees as well as our customers can we improve and remain relevant in today’s everchanging world. Please be assured your review will be shared with Global HR and Upper management and looked into. Once again, we want to thank you for taking the time to leave a review and wish you much success in your future endeavors.

"Worst Company I've worked for."

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Macquarie

I worked at Swarovski part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Swarovski used to be great. Great environment and management. I started in 2014 in my first year of uni, in the Sydney flagship store and moved to work at Macquarie after a while. Management was great, in particular Ryan, Jacko and Patrick. The team was amazing also. In fact, it has been years and our whole team from 2014-2016 at Swarovski Macquarie Center still keep in touch and catch up regularly. Things went downhill after they all left/ changed positions.

Cons

New management was simply awful. I have been with 5 other companies in my working career and though only one other company has 'bad' management, it was no where NEAR as awful as Swarovski was. I was treated horribly and would cry regularly. Every single staff that I had gotten to know quit due to our new manager and I was the only one left - which made me her target because I challenged her (as I had been with the company for longer than she) and did things the 'old' way which the new manager didn't like because she didn't like my old manager (demonstrated by the fact that she tore down and threw out pictures of the old team in her first week instead of asking if someone wanted to keep them). Additionally, she was extremely lazy and constantly complaining. Whether it be about her workload (which my previous manager managed fine without offloading half of it to the causal staff, as she did), customers or other staff members. The Head Office did not care at all and excused the new manager and all her mistakes or wrongdoings even after numerous complaints from staff and customers alike. Meanwhile, I got written up for a customer complaint that was no where near as serious as hers as well as accused for stuff I didn't do. Got this rescinded when I showed them proof that manager initiated and she received no repercussions. I'd been with the company for over 4 years at this point with a spotless record and one of the highest tracking KPIs for the store. Swarovski as a company shows no loyalty or understanding, empathy or care for their staff. The last year or so that I was at Swarovski were genuinely extremely difficult and the bad treatment at the Macquarie store took a toll on my mental health to the point that my friends noticed and urged me to quit or seek counselling. The sentiment that people quit managers not jobs is extremely true in this situation.

Swarovski2019-08-19

September 9, 2019Sr Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Swarovski, we truly value constructive employee feedback, both positive and negative. Our hope is to make each individual employee, from our stores to our corporate offices, feel that they are valued. We have read your review and we are sorry that you felt Swarovski was the “Worst Company I've worked for”. At Swarovski we have an open-door policy and encourage our employees to reach out to a member of upper management or HR to make sure their concerns and ideas for the betterment of the company are addressed and handled strategically and effectively in a timely matter, as only with constructive feedback from our current and former employees as well as our customers can we improve and remain relevant in today’s everchanging world. Please be assured your review will be shared with Global HR and Upper management. Once again, we want to thank you for taking the time to leave a review and wish you much success in your future endeavors.

10. "Decent Job"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Melbourne

I worked at Swarovski part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team members who are really supportive most of the times very generous staff discounts excellent training program before starting the job

Swarovski2019-07-19

July 31, 2019Sr Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Swarovski, we truly value constructive employee and customer feedback, both positive and negative. Our hope is to make each individual employee, from our stores to our corporate offices, feel that they are valued. Of course, we are thrilled when we get positive feedback from our current and former employees and are glad that you list “Great team members who are really supportive most of the times " as a pro, it is great to know that you worked with a great team, as teamwork is the cornerstone of our success. We are also happy to hear that you listed the "very generous staff discounts" as pro. The employee discount along with our retail employee allotment are two of the most revered benefits and we love when our amazing staff can showcase our amazing products. As for your Con's "poor management and a very competitive environment with too much emphasis on PPT and KPI", please note we have an open-door policy and encourage our employees to reach out to their supervisor, a member of our management or HR Team to make sure their concerns and ideas for the betterment of the company are addressed and handled strategically and effectively in a timely matter. As you are no longer with the company I will share your concerns with upper management as only with constructive feedback from our current and former employees as well as our customers can we improve and remain relevant in today’s ever-changing world. Once again thank you for your feedback and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors .

Found 704 reviews