TMG Reviews

Updated 15 Jun 2021

Found 220 of over 227 reviews

3.6
TMG Managing Director Stephen Stylianou (no image)
Stephen Stylianou
Pros
  • "Internal progression is heavily promoted with in Think Money(in 21 reviews)

• "The benefits are great - educational support, eye care, gym with free personal trainers and subsidised cafe(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I would rather clean toilets with my tongue for a living- no salary or bonus is worth the soul crushing experience of working at Think Money(in 29 reviews)

• "Senior management all seemed to be sales people, rather than business people(in 27 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Useful to a point

10 Jul 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Quick progression Free gym Close to where I lived

Cons

Senior management Your face needs to fit to be accepted Quick progression is due to high staff turnover and penny pinching meaning you aren't given specific training beyond the first few weeks.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Former Employee

N/A

15 Jun 2021 - Customer Service Agent in Manchester City Centre, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun place to work in the office

Cons

Long call queues when first started

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Concerning Reviews

29 May 2021 - Team Manager in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The offices,. Employees/Friends you meet

Cons

After reading some of the comments from other employees who also had similar experiences to myself I have been encouraged to speak out so that it hopefully helps others to realise this is not a normal working environment and to speak up as it will help you. Think Money Group, (don’t be fooled by some of the HR responses where they say you are responding on the wrong account}, operate under TMG, Gregory Pennington and Freeman Jones (both now renamed to Financial Wellness) as well as other company names all belonging to the same group in some form. If you apply for one company, you may end up working for one of the other companies. The people at the very top are the same ones running the show throughout the entire group. They may try to disguise themselves through renaming themselves but the toxic culture remains, just read the comments, this year, last year, the year before that, and so on. The toxic environment, sometimes referred to on here by some as bullying, applies to all of them. It is such a shame as there are many lovely people working there. I left a few years ago, stayed longer than I wanted to, as like everyone you have bills to pay. Recently, sometime after leaving, I had to seek help for mental stress and anxiety and a lot of what I was trying to deal with at that time was found to relate back to my experience/treatment at TMG. I’ve witnessed some awful things and been on the receiving end at times too. There can be a blame culture by some management, and I say some not all, driven by fear of their own performance coming under scrutiny by those running the organisation. I’ve seen people in tears and others humiliated in front of their colleagues. It doesn’t surprise me at all reading some of the comments on here and their other companies listed on Glassdoor that people have been affected mentally by the treatment they received. Look, I’m not saying you never get employees that need to be pulled up at times but someone somewhere must be reading these comments and thinking, so many people cannot be wrong. Its worrying in these times where so many emphasis is being put on addressing bullying and mental illness, that the people charged with responding to these comments go on the defensive and make flippant comments like’ We are not for everyone’. Take responsibility, don’t be ‘Yes’ people. Protect the employees, speak up. It shouldn’t be allowed to go on. So many people have similar stories of how they have been badly treated, with some having to seek help for the affects it has had on their mental health. I hope I can achieve what I set out to do and encourage those that are on the receiving end or have been and now left, that they can speak out and ask for help now and in the future. Yes, there are some positive comments and 5 star reviews. Glad they escaped the treatment others have been on the wrong side of and I hope it’s not a case of ‘wait, your time will come’ as some have highlighted on here. It has been suggested that some of the positive reviews come from the managers themselves but that’s not for me to judge. I can only speak out on my own experiences and others I’ve witnessed or been told about.

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good

6 Jun 2021 - Site Coordinator in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment to learn

Cons

Limited growth potential based on seniority

5. 4.0

Good company

19 May 2021 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good relaxed atmosphere and chance for advancement

Cons

nothing that I have noticed

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Nice team

28 Apr 2021 - Client Monies Assistant in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very nice team, very united and working well towards the same goal

Cons

No career progression or pay rise

Continue reading
    7. 5.0

Fantastic

29 Apr 2021 - Consultant in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

team, leadership, vision, flexibility, etc

Cons

pressure, demand, travel, lack of upward mobility

8. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great

26 Apr 2021 - Developer in Baltimore, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment and friendly staff.

Cons

Long hours, worked occasional weekend and holiday.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Customer

20 Apr 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

None atall it was great

Cons

Brilliantly done company yes yes

10. 3.0

Normal

4 May 2021 - Engineer in Guimarães, Braga, Braga
      Business Outlook

Pros

A solid and well known company

Cons

Lack of investment on new machines and in your people

Viewing 1 - 10 of 220 Reviews