Thomas Sabo Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Thomas Sabo Reviews

Updated 21 Aug 2019

Found 57 reviews

3.1
Thomas Sabo CEO Thomas Sabo (no image)
Thomas Sabo
Pros
  • "Health insurance, lunch ticket, price on the jewelry(in 4 reviews)

• "Great comission, good pay, HR team is very helpful and the customers are the best(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Head office have little involvement(in 6 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

1. "Terrible training and management"

Former Employee - Casual Sales Assistant

I worked at Thomas Sabo part-time

Pros

Relaxed environment, selling lovely products

Cons

No training for casuals, extremely catty managers and politics. Got called out in an email chain for something I did not do.

Thomas Sabo2018-03-31
  2. "salary"

I worked at Thomas Sabo

Pros

High salary and good for casuals

Cons

Hiring based on personal references and some staff are incapable.

Advice to Management

Communication between H/O and stores must be improved.

Thomas Sabo2017-03-23
  3. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Thomas Sabo part-time for more than a year

Pros

Really enjoy working for the company. Monthly training sessions, and great staff benefits.

Cons

Kpis can sometimes be quite high

Thomas Sabo2019-08-21
  4. "Great company with great products"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in London, England

I worked at Thomas Sabo full-time for more than a year

Pros

It was lovely to work with some amazing people and be part of such a great team. Everyone i met within Thomas Sabo was friendly and very passionate about the brand. Great benefits with potential to earn well if you are an over achiever.

Cons

Long hours, especially during the Christmas hours but that is expected in any retail role.

Thomas Sabo2019-08-05
  5. "Fine"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Thomas Sabo part-time for less than a year

Pros

Short term employment after uni.

Cons

Poor management and lack of communication about overtime or pay on bank holidays etc.

Advice to Management

Don't make up information about extra pay for bank holidays and then go back on it.

Thomas Sabo2019-08-12
  6. "Store manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in London, England

I worked at Thomas Sabo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Free jewellery every year Commission Met some amazing friends

Cons

Over the years Thomas Sabo has changed from caring and supporting their staff to not giving any care or support at all. They got rid of a load of staff in 2018 which had a massive impact on staff support and employed cluster managers to do an area managers job. Some of the cluster manager have no idea what they are doing doing and speak to managers in a way that you would never expect to be spoken to, with no... respect and have a tendency to gossip behind their backs to staff they have to then manage.

Advice to Management

Look at your cluster managers and the rate of staff leaving in the regions. Offer management and people skills training to them as they need it. Take more care and support your staff as they deserve and need it.

Thomas Sabo2019-07-23
  7. "Ok job."

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in London, England

I worked at Thomas Sabo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Free allocation, depending on how many hours you do the more you get Commission

Cons

Company has changed its identity throughout the years, some collections do better then others. Low sales are blamed on staff, and staff are not listened to when it comes to explaining what the customer wants. The company is Germany owned, and for the British market it is not as attractive, nor do the company care to cater for them. Some of the best sellers are so old, and newest stuff does not sell, still... stocks items from 10 years a go as newer items just go straight to sale. Just before I left in 2018 they sacked loads of people in an attempt to refresh the company - I would be scared of your future if you were to join hoping for long term progression.

Advice to Management

Make sure you are loud and confident, it’s the only way to get your voice heard, as they won’t support you. They expect you to just achieve results.

Thomas Sabo2019-07-22
  8. "Could be better!"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Bristol, England

I worked at Thomas Sabo full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Allocation - Great training from long term staff -Advanced Rotas -Good Holiday entitlement -Comission

Cons

-Terrible Pay for Assistant Manager only 15p more per hour than non management staff - There is no boundaries with staff as they forget sometimes they are there to work - Bullying policies are not adhered too - Staff attitudes can be terrible and you can be spoken to like rubbish -Staff can interfere with sales - Non management staff find it hard to take instruction as they have been allowed to do what they want... for so long - boring on quiet days -opening and closing the store on your own for a couple of hours.

Advice to Management

A little bit of tough love when staff are unkind they forget that you are there to do your Job too. HR following policies regarding bullying should he taken far more serious instead of passing it on to the the team member, how about actually creating an effective plan to ensure that this doesn't happen again, as it already did prior with 2 staff members that left because of it. Pay your staff their worth. The Store... Manager is worth alot more than this company they are very lucky to have her.

Thomas Sabo2019-07-01
  9. "Top Retail Employment"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Cardiff, Wales

I worked at Thomas Sabo part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible working shifts Regular breaks Good Pay Excellent Commission Target Incentives Thorough Training Supportive Management Transferable Skills Friendly Working Environment

Cons

Long Hours Standing on Feet Shop gets very cold Occasional Late Finishes from Stock Take Pushed for Targets (This can also be positive)

Advice to Management

My particular management at a Welsh store were phenomenal and I can't recommend working for Thomas Sabo enough. I am a student and the company and Management made it possible for me to have stable employment during my studies. I felt valued and appreciated. I left a management role with another large retail store and went back to being sales with TS and it was the best decision I ever made. Wholeheartedly recommend... this company for employment. Keep it up, TS.

Thomas Sabo2019-06-14
  10. "good location"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Thomas Sabo full-time for less than a year

Pros

good manager and great customers

Cons

slow pace and some times too many repair

Thomas Sabo2019-06-04