Thoughtworks Reviews

Found 1,292 of over 2,346 reviews

4.1
Thoughtworks President and CEO Guo Xiao
Guo Xiao
Pros
  • "The work life balance of employees are given importance(in 167 reviews)

• "Work with smart people who will challenge you & encourage you to make a difference(in 111 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance to some extend(in 64 reviews)

• "Social justice was practically taken out of the equation after the acquisition(in 23 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Featured Review

Great place to grow

Nov 29, 2021 - Lead Project Manager in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people with true diversity You get exposure to all kinds of domains, opportunities, and clients. Flat structure in the organisation means there's no 'boss' as such. (love that!) You're treated like an adult human, not a 'resource'. Pay and benefits are reasonable Company culture is fantastic.

Cons

It can take a couple years to find your groove here - tenure and relationships are important. (But overall that investment is worth it in the end)

2. 5.0

Good company

Jan 14, 2022 - Software Developer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good working environment and colleagues. Always try to use the latest technologies. Many chances to try different projects.

Cons

Salary is not high enough

3. 3.0

It is ok for starter

Dec 20, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pairing programming is really good

Cons

A lot of good developers left

4. 5.0

Great place to work

Oct 15, 2021 - Lead Consultant in Brisbane
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is unique in a good way. There isn't hierarchies, none of the consultants have managers. You are free to grow your career in any direction you desire. It's a great place for self motivated people who was learn and grow in a supportive culture of kind and humble people.

Cons

Very relationship based culture, it may take some time for new starters to get used to this.

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

Great learning space

Oct 18, 2021 - IT Consultant in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you work in a company where the tech are little bit out-dated, TW is really a good place to refresh and sharpen your skillset.

Cons

Common problem for vender side companies, delivery pressure sometimes high

6. 4.0

Great work place

Oct 24, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

- so much you can learn from you colleagues - the culture is open and inclusive than most other companies - technical expertise

Cons

- some times one project can be very different than the other in many ways - you need to know what you have to do, otherwise seems no one can tell you (lack of overall guidance)

7. 5.0

Awesome Culture, Opportunity and Mentorship

Aug 12, 2021 - Software Developer in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Caring team mates - Lot's of opportunity to grow and lear - Best possible business to start your career - Interesting work and clients - Decent pay - Lots of benefits

Cons

- Senior and tech leads tend to have fewer opportunities to further their careers - If clients are abusive it can take a long time to roll off

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Full of fake people

Aug 14, 2021 - Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

* If you get a project for more than 6 months you will get good knowledge and will make a good impact * Opportunities to learn * You can have good networking with people * Friday free lunch (If someone counts it as a benefit) * TW maintains diversity in hiring, so they just hire people to maintain a record

Cons

Yes, the company has lots of diversity in terms of people and technology. * Small one-floor office where you have to find a place to work. * Only a few leaders/engineers are technically good, others just fake themself. * You will be thrown into a project without having an understanding of your background and technical skills * To be in a project you have to make "organic" networking with people. So if you have good networking you will get a project. * Person who does the project assignment in TW does not know anything about the depth of technical projects, they just assign the projects by reading the keywords in your updated resume. You have to unnecessarily talk to those people so they assign projects to you * If you do not earn for them then you will be on the beach(doing nothing) and this is a red flag 🚩 and constantly you have to discuss and have to talk to people which is hard if you are an introvert. * If you are not in a project you have to help in office management, like keeping fruits on the table, decoration help, kitchen cleaning. * Project can be very short and long. If you are on a short project then you will have a lot of pressure on performance. * They accept all types of projects to make good visibility on the market * Interviews process is not very clean, as I said they just hire to maintain the diversity * Force to take paid leave during covid * Oh yes!!. They also maintain your working hours Currently, I am very disturbed and visiting the doctor for anxiety issues. I never felt this much unwelcomed ever before.

7 people found this review helpful

Thoughtworks Response

We're sorry to hear that your experience has not matched your expectations. We set high standards for ourselves, and we are so sorry to hear we did not meet those in your view. We are proud of our diverse people and will continue to grow as a diverse & inclusive organisation in a way that does not compromise the outcomes we deliver for our clients. There are many things to balance when we match consultants to projects, yet our intent is to deliver a great experience for both our clients and our colleagues. We hope every Thoughtworker feels comfortable and safe to approach anyone, including the leadership team, to share and discuss ways to improve. With the state of the world today, it’s even more critical for this kind of feedback to be shared so that we can continue to grow in the right direction, learn, and pivot quickly when needed. Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention.

9. 5.0

It's pretty good

Jul 27, 2021 - IT Consultant in Brisbane
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work at different places Strong opinions

Cons

No real complaints, could pay more.

10. 5.0

Great place to work

Jul 24, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great engineer culture. Great practice in Agile.

Cons

Sometime requires effort after hours to deal with internal stuffs.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,292 Reviews