Total Quality Logistics Reviews

3.4
Total Quality Logistics Founder, CEO, and President Kenneth Oaks
Kenneth Oaks
2,286 Ratings
Pros
  • "professional/fun work environment(in 296 reviews)

• "Unlimited earning potential, lots of time off each year you are with the company(in 277 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Job can sometimes be long hours - but nothing great comes from shortcuts(in 398 reviews)

• "Tough work life balance sometimes(in 308 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

TQL (The. Quintessential. Luxury) Work Place

26 Mar 2021 - Logistics Account Executive in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

In the time that I have been employed with TQL, I have grown to really adore this company as a whole. Not only is the atmosphere and comradery very uplifting but the job itself is rewarding. Just like any job, it can be tough at times, but you genuinely enjoy waking up every day ready to help out your customers, as well as be respective & kind to careers transporting the loads. TQL does look after it's employees and also teaches it's employees to always put customers first. I would (& have) recommended the job to many people and will continue to do so.

Cons

Tough but worth reward & effort. So long as you continue to push forward & show your effort, you will be reward.

6 people found this review helpful
    2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Sr Analyst

27 Oct 2018 - Senior Analyst in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Low pay - no career direction

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Work is what you make of it

10 Jun 2021 - Logistics Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

TQL has huge opportunity if you are tough. It's no scheme when the guy sitting next to you who has only been in the job for 3 years is making over $10,000 a week in comission. Just like any other 'Sales' Job, you have to be able to grind, accept the "No" and move on to something better. Seeing people's negative comments shows they either didn't know what they were getting into, or weren't mentally tough enough to stick with it long enough for it to pay off. This is a great company to work for. We have free lunch all the time. No requirements to work beyond your schedule. But if you want to excel, you need to.

Cons

The 401k could use some changes. All other medical and dental benefits are pretty typical for this type of company.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Entry Level Sales Job, with high earning potential if you are willing to put in the hours

2 Jun 2021 - Logistics Account Executive in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very fun office environment, mainly consisting of millennials, great place to make friends- the work hard/play hard atmosphere is rewarded with Friday afternoon 'beer drops', occasional happy hours and office wide intramural sports teams/events. There is potential to earn 'uncapped' commission if you are willing to grind it out for a year or two to build your book of business. Great opportunity for recent grads or anyone without sales experience to get their foot in the door and have the opportunity to potentially make a LOT of money in a relatively short period of time. Expect to put in minimum 10-12+ hour days, 6-7 days a week for the first 1-2 years before making commission. If you are willing to work very hard the first couple of years, you have a good chance of building a solid book of business to potentially earn steady commission checks. You get out of it what you are willing to put in 100%.

Cons

No work/life balance, the company culture is centered around encouraging employees to 'grind it out', work 24/7/365. Impossible to use PTO, there are no days off. If you take the day off, you are still expected to work a normal day- answering customer calls/emails as if you were working in the office, while still using your time off. TQL doesn't provide brokers with any option for account coverage to use PTO. Excessively high turn over from burn out. Tricky commission structure, but definitely very high earning potential.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee

One of My Favorite Jobs...with a Catch

22 Apr 2021 - Logistics Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

TQL was truthfully one of my favorite jobs I've had. The people were great, the environment was encouraging, and really felt more inclusive/supportive than any other workplace I've experienced. -Opportunity to build sales skills and a book of business for young professionals -Development of negotiation tactics, cold calling, and generalized dealing with people -Overall I found TQL to be a great experience, though I was there for a limited time

Cons

Though the people and culture were great, the job is a GRIND. You will make cold calls, you will get sworn at by truckers, and you absolutely will feel the pressure of quotas. TQL I've noticed is a very love it or hate it workplace environment. Like all jobs in sales, you may put in the work and still fail... -Very high call volume and pressure to close -Limited available prospects -Cutthroat environment, you will likely have to compete for accounts with other reps -Commission can be challenging to reach -Entry level salary with long hours expected -Like all sales jobs, TQL is all performance based. If you aren't closing accounts and booking loads, you will be let go. -Upward mobility is limited to positions open within the office

3 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

It is what you make of it.

10 Jun 2021 - Senior Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work hard as in do whatever it takes to make the money you want to see and it will come. It is somewhat related to luck but in order to experience such luck you need to set yourself up for opportunities.

Cons

Not for the average worker. If you depend on luck alone and make excuses not to do something then this is not for you. Work hard or stay in your current situation forever.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Consistent Hard Work Pays Off

7 Jun 2021 - Logistics Account Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Get out what you put in. If you want to make life changing money you can do so here. It is definitely a grind and requires sacrifices but if you can work hard now to benefit your future self then this is the place. The culture of this office is incredible as well. Very family oriented where everyone helps everyone. We all want each other to win.

Cons

will vary from employee to employee. For me it was realizing that sacrifices needed to be made, but once I made them I set myself up to make life changing money so it's a catch 22.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

TQL Sales Executive - Honest Review

1 Apr 2021 - Sales Executive in Charleston, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

TQL is my first real career. I'm extremely thankful they took a chance on me. I've been very lucky to have very strong managers above me to help with my development as a employee and a leader. The company is customer service driven, making sure that in a difficult industry we handle ourselves with integrity & the highest of morals. The position is demanding but can be life changing for those who are working hard, don't give up, and understand success stems from continuous effort. Based on how hard you work you will see the fruit of your labor in commission that is uncapped, but again takes hard work to achieve. A strong work ethic is a must for this position. TQL's systems are top of the line that are internally build and supported with an inhouse IT team. You have access to many programs & technologies that allow for smooth work environment. The company promotes a very tight knit community with social events (prior to Covid), volunteer opportunities, friendly competitions, etc... many people that work/worked at TQL are some of my best friends now.

Cons

It is a very difficult industry, with a lot of competition. If you don't want to work hard this position isn't for you. There will be days that are tougher than others mentally, only the mentally tough and strong hearted push through. There are the occasional issues with slowness causing some delays with productiveness.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Nothing Given - Everything Earned

9 Jun 2021 - Group Sales Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can make an absurd amount of money here. Promotions come almost exclusively from within. Fun and supportive work environment.

Cons

Cold calling is really, really hard (no way to sugarcoat it). The hours you have to put in, especially early on, are not for everyone. It takes at least a few months of selling before you can begin to earn consistent commission checks.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

TQL Review

27 Apr 2021 - Logistics Account Executive in Charleston, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Earning Potential - There is uncapped commission, meaning if you want a raise, its on you to close new business. The company doesn't restrict how much money you make. By no means is it unheard of to make 6 figures within the first 2 years of employment. Atmosphere - Very much a team environment. If you are struggling on closing business, several leaders in the office will help give advice and coach. Peers are also more than willing to help as well in the office. Destressors - There is a ping pong table, corn hole boards, NBA Jams, Foosball table, Happy Hours, Gong that you hit when you set up a customer, etc.

Cons

It's Sales - It's tough. You need to put in long hours, strong effort, great attitude in the beginning. That's true for any sales job. Sales isn't for everyone which creates a high turnover. As long as you have a strong work ethic, a good attitude and have realistic expectations in terms of how long to build your book of business, you will be fine.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,354 Reviews