WeWork Reviews

Updated 3 Jul 2020

3.2
WeWork Co-CEO Artie Minson and Sebastian Gunningham (no image)
Artie Minson and Sebastian Gunningham
Pros
Cons
  • "Pace of company can sometimes offset work-life balance(in 69 reviews)

• "Since you have full ownership of your Lab, it is not uncommon to work long hours(in 59 reviews)

1. "Great"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Sydney

I have been working at WeWork full-time for more than a year

Pros

People, culture, workplace, growth, tech

Cons

Change, timezones, direction, internal meetings

2. "Growth at WeWork"

Current Employee - Growth

I have been working at WeWork full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great individuals at the company

Cons

Grew at a dangerous pace

"Good as a member very bad as employee"

1.0

I worked at WeWork

Pros

Good marketing parties, brand is good and well developed, design of spaces is good, focus on member experience is good

Cons

Very long hours, no work life balance, expected to lift and move furniture and equipment, management very young and lack life experience, management has prejudice to people over 30, shares are used to get you to join ~ shares not given to you until after 1 year, shares are spread out over 5 years, you dont keep shares if your fired, firings are usually done after project completions, firings are done sneakily and without warning, firings are conducted very regularly, company always looking to reduce costs and overheads, be prepared to fly long haul in economy, expect to share a hotel room with another employee you have never met, senior management is a clicky millenials, company pretends to be a startup, your treated very much as an employee, employees live in fear of being sacked

Continue reading

"A La La Land Like No Other"

Former Employee - HQ - Employee in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at WeWork full-time for more than a year

Pros

VERY cool HQ--beer, fruit water, and other treats on tap, free breakfast, amazing decor, lots of events and cool trendy vendors who bring free stuff--if you like to humblebrag via Insta, you'll love this place. Some cool people --celebrities come in and out, your colleagues are generally very attractive folks, there's a sense of excitement and true commitment to the work (borderline evangelism) depending on who you work with and what you do. Name recognition and valuation -- company is a rising star and it's worth having on your resume. A cool mission on the surface--bringing community together, helping people do what they love (making work a passion rather than a chore) through connection.

Cons

This place is like drinking from one continuous Kool-Aid jug. VERY cult-y and cliquey. You are either in or you're out, and if you're out, rather than cut you loose right away, they gaslight you. It's actually kind of shocking how many people I've seen be treated so poorly here, and perhaps no coincidence that they were folks of color. Kind of hard to find the down to earth people I did find. I enjoyed the Community teams and Security/Ops/Real Estate people I met, probably because they were constantly "hustling," but the HR team (the PEOPLE team, for goodness sake) and a lot of other "prominent" faces were consistently rude, with an overinflated sense of self and zero idea of how the WeWork "values" translate into behaviors/contributions from a prospective employee POV. You have to have been there since the start, or be prepared to ingratiate yourself, to get any traction in your professional development or career path. I was always shocked how badly my manager wanted to be liked, and how much they were willing to do to be liked, to get any kind of clout and/or promotion just bc they hadn't started out at WeWork as a community team member. Never mind that they were super qualified for their job. Pay varies depending on who you are; some people earn market value...some people very very much don't, and there doesn't seem to be any consistency that determines which is which. TGIM. Thank God it's Monday. Mandatory Monday meetings. Sometimes they circulate tequila shots. Is that a plus? Not sure. Summer Camp. Adult Summer Camp. With EDM, people in salmon colored shorts, and lots of loud rowdy entitled folks. If that's anything but a con for you, you probably belong here and godspeed.

Continue reading

"Great company"

Current Employee - Outpatient Counselor in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at WeWork full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work life balance is amazing and the offices are fun!

Cons

I had no bad experiences while working there.

"Incredible ride and opportunity to have an impact on the world"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at WeWork full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great mission. Inspiring leadership. Socially conscious organization. Lots of incredible challenges to solve. You're working on a product that you use, and talk to customers every single day. Collaborative culture.

Cons

This is a crazy startup, so you need to be comfortable with change and rapid iteration. Benefits could be better.

7. "I LOVE MY WORK (most of the time)"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Seoul

I have been working at WeWork full-time

Pros

Awesome people Good Vibe Get to meet a lot of people

Cons

Shaky situation due to covid-19

8. "Fast-paced, entrepreneurial and bold"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at WeWork full-time

Pros

- Amazing colleagues - Fun and hardworking environment - Flexible working across any office location - Good pay - Beer on tap

Cons

- Slowly becoming a traditional real estate business - Loss of culture over past several months - no more summit or summer camp - Negative press...constantly -

9. "Worked for 1+ years"

Current Employee - Community Associate in London, England

I have been working at WeWork full-time

Pros

Community teams were really based on collaboration and respect. The people wework hire are always incredibly authentic and driven and this made for a nice work environment. No two days were the same which kept it interesting. The perks are great (performance bonuses, access to free events, dogs in the office)!

Cons

While the immediate community teams were supportive and caring, it seemed leadership had no idea what was going on in the lower levels, which was disheartening because we are essentially the product itself

10. "Good for a time"

Former Employee - Architect Lead in New York, NY

I worked at WeWork full-time

Pros

Great office culture and great place to intelligent hardworking people

Cons

Poor leadership. Company grew so fast it simply filled roles with whoever was available

Found 909 reviews