Weber Shandwick Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

3.4
Weber Shandwick CEO Gail Heimann
Gail Heimann
Cons
  1. "Good reputation, talented colleagues, flexible working arrangements"

I have been working at Weber Shandwick part-time

Pros

Being part of a large global network means that colleagues all over the world are instant friends and always so willing to communicate. Weber Shandwick has a good reputation so it attracts talented people so connecting with people on the other side of the world, working on the same account, with the same smarts and vision - that's pretty awesome and like nothing I've ever experienced. Personally, I've been very grateful for the flexible working arrangement that I've been able to negotiate since becoming a parent, too. In my experience, they live the diversity values they claim.

Cons

I have no major cons. Salary is always something that I need to negotiate, but I think that is kinda common wherever you are?

Weber Shandwick2018-10-10
  2. "Intern"

Former Intern - Public Relations Intern in Sydney

I worked at Weber Shandwick for less than a year

Pros

Agency works with really cool and well known brands, great environment, amazing employees.

Cons

Expand their presence and work globally.

Weber Shandwick2019-07-08
  3. "Consumer Team PR intern in Beijing"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Weber Shandwick

Pros

Great opportunity for students to learn PR strategies and get to know how dose PR work.

Cons

Poor condition in life-work balance, extra working time on a daily basis

Weber Shandwick2019-05-11

"Caution"

I worked at Weber Shandwick full-time

Pros

Great clients and opportunities

Cons

Always making decisions by looking at the balance sheet.

Weber Shandwick2018-09-11
  5. "Account Director"

I worked at Weber Shandwick full-time

Pros

Smart people, healthy budgets to do exciting work

Cons

adhering to global processes and protocol meant internal scope for creativity was limited

Weber Shandwick2018-07-20
  6. "Account Coordinator"

Account Coordinator in Sydney

I worked at Weber Shandwick

Pros

Best People Best Creative Minds and Insights. Planned workflow and opportunities to grow.

Cons

They have an excellent Digital team but they need to expand their presence and work scope.

Weber Shandwick2017-02-10
  7. "Weber Shandwick"

I have been working at Weber Shandwick full-time

Pros

large global agency, benefit of great senior minds and interesting client experiences

Cons

agency pressures are pretty high, but possibly not unique to WS

Weber Shandwick2016-05-24

"One of the best global PR agencies"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Weber Shandwick full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Full suite of services, resources and experts available across its global network to employees and clients alike. Opportunity to work on big brands and support fun campaigns. Culture in the Chicago office is laid back and embraces a good mix of creative types and young, driven professionals.

Cons

Just like any other agency/office, times are tough when legacy accounts are lost and lead to layoffs and promotion freezes that stifle individual growth. Agency is having an identity crisis with too much emphasis on trying to sell in creative services and campaign platforms/assets and not enough emphasis on true PR + earned media relations (the bread and butter of our industry). There's a major disconnect between the creative and PR teams. Creative dept doesn't understand earned media or know what PR is and pushes out a lot of pretty bad ideas that aren't feasible, won't drive coverage and aren't worth the ROI. PR team has been segregated into different camps (Account vs. Integrated Media), pigeonholing these folks into one area or another. Not a strategic earned media agency at all. "Strategic media team" pushes paid media buys and packages across accounts. Almost as if leadership wants to become an ad/social agency and forgets it began as PR.

Continue reading
    Weber Shandwick2019-11-23
  9. "-"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Weber Shandwick

Pros

- Steep learning curve, colleagues are always willing to help and teach

Cons

- Not sure where the end product of my work goes

Weber Shandwick2019-11-07
  10. "Really unfortunate experience"

Former Intern - Intern

I worked at Weber Shandwick

Pros

Great company to have on your resume, great experience to work on high profile brands and accounts. Overall, I learned a lot and it's an experience I was definitely grateful to have.

Cons

My experience at Weber overall really disappointing. They lure in interns with the promise of getting converted to full time saying "it's basically a lock" and "90% of interns get hired and the other 10% decline their offer" (these are exact from my interviewing process), while in reality, a large portion of the intern class will not get offers. This was especially frustrating considering the lack of transparency and clarity regarding the hiring process. We were promised workshops and frequent updates on how to secure a full-time offer... this never happened and we were lucky if our internship coordinator even answered our emails. As for the way interns are treated, it's very hit or miss. A lot of interns did a whole lot of nothing over the eight weeks. Others are worked to the bone, with barely enough time to think. This was especially frustrating considering how strict they were regarding overtime and working exactly 8 hours every day. A lot of days I felt pushed beyond the limits for what is expected for a junior level person in one day and I frequently had to secretly do work on the weekends and at home at night just to keep my head above water for the next day. I worked with a lot of amazing, talented and dedicated people... and a good amount of nasty, petty individuals. It's really the luck of the draw on which accounts you are put on. I think the most disappointing aspect of the entire experience was that I often felt unsupported by a lot of coworkers. On multiple occasions my opinions, thoughts, concerns or questions were completely ignored or little action was done to make sure I was successful with the projects I was working. I asked for feedback DAILY and never got anything more than "you're doing good."

Continue reading