Found 1,966 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people are great and the work you do makes an impact" (in 237 reviews)
- "Great culture and business porpuse" (in 230 reviews)
- "The benefits are great and provide additional support for parents and trans/non" (in 162 reviews)
- "Work Life Balance was GREAT!" (in 118 reviews)
- "Great people and team to work with." (in 51 reviews)
- "Poor management, frequent changes in overall strategy" (in 75 reviews)
- "Poor leadership and lack of direction." (in 70 reviews)
- "Inexperienced senior leaders and managers contribute to burn out and lack of consistency" (in 41 reviews)
- "Company is definitely struggling (lots of layoffs recently)." (in 22 reviews)
- "There can be long hours and not every team acknowledges this" (in 20 reviews)
- 5.017 Jan 2023curation leadFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Twitter was a great place to work before the Elon Musk acquisition. The culture was outstanding and there were a lot of opportunities to learn and grow from your peers. Twitter really invested in your career. I worked with amazing and super smart colleagues.
Many of the best opportunities were in the US (this was pre Elon, not sure it's any better now).1
- 3.011 Nov 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Good work life balance, career development being prioritised, culture not always present but a focus / priority
International markets are missing culture and feeling part of a world class tech company. Benefits the U.S. team have don't apply to int'l employees. Markets where twitter is not already big feel de-prioritised and may be lacking in resource to do anything about it.
- 4.07 Apr 2015Head of TV PartnershipsCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSydney
Great staff - I get to work with some of the most intelligent, interesting people I've ever met everyday Real passion for content and media. The product evolves constantly. There's always something new to discuss with partners/clients.
Culture of transparency can lead to too much communication - especially over email. US centric company (but it's getting better) Recruitment process is slow and frustrating with little feedback throughout. Not the the best first impression.
- 5.09 Feb 2015Account ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Career development at Twitter has become even more of a focus. Employees hear frequently from senior management / execs, and conversation is encouraged from all levels of the business. No good idea is ignored. Great to see DickC chip in on an idea circulated, and get involved in the nitty gritty. Salary is good. Work life balance even better.
Can be a little 'disorganised' and day-to-day processes aren't always in place, where the Sales team needs guidance.
- 5.06 Aug 2015Talent AcquisitionCurrent EmployeeSydney
Great business, very switched on and knows exactly what they want and where they want to go and how to get there -it really has been so lovely meeting the whole AU team - they are all so super friendly and talented in their own niche areas.
Nothing that i can think of so far
- 3.030 Aug 2018Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Great colleagues. Mission and purpose fueled work. Great offices. Great benefits. Work on an iconic product that changed the way people communicate.
Can be a tricky place to navigate politics. Stealing peoples ideas and work and presenting it as your own is a common practice.1
- 3.07 Mar 2017Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Great brand (then) Mostly awesome & smart people Great collaterals and marketing
No overall LT strategy Lots of internal politics Got conned on salary when I had to relocate. Was told salary would be cut by 50%1
X Reviews FAQs
X has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 2,433 reviews left anonymously by employees. 35% of employees would recommend working at X to a friend and 20% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.
35% of X employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated X 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.