eBay Reviews

3.9
eBay CEO Jamie Iannone
Jamie Iannone
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"I hit the jackpot!"

Current Employee - E2M in Austin, TX

I have been working at eBay full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture at eBay is very encouraging, supportive and upbeat. eBay is a HUGE company but when you’re hired you feel like you’re joining a family and not just another huge corporation.

Cons

I haven’t found any yet!

September 14, 2020

What an incredible review, thank you! eBay is one big family and we're happy that you're along for the ride. If you have anything else that you'd like to share, please send us an email at glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

2. "Genuine, authentic and making a difference."

Current Employee - Vice President, People in Sydney

I have been working at eBay full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

An Organisation that has a clear purpose, empowers ownership for work you are accountable for, driven, community orientated, deep seated culture and beliefs/values. Enables you to bring your whole self to work - you are who you are and eBay helps to bring out the best in you.

Cons

A lot of intensity, which is both awesome and challenging at the same time, sometimes.

November 17, 2020

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We're happy to hear that you resonate with our purpose and will continue to support as we strive to remain authentically and uniquely eBay for the next 25 years. You said it best - eBay brings out the best in everyone. Please feel free to share more comments with glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

3. "Mediocre"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at eBay full-time

Pros

Food and drink was provided occasionally

Cons

there is a lot of politics

4. "Good experience overall"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Sydney

I have been working at eBay full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly colleagues and encouragement to grow within the company

Cons

Internal politics and favouritism within management

December 9, 2020

Thank you for sharing these comments with us. eBay is full of incredible people, so we're happy that you were able to find a handful of them among your very own colleagues. Sorry that you feel there are internal politics present with management. Please let us know how you feel we can improve in that area at glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

5. "Good, not great"

Former Employee - Category Manager in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at eBay full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are amazing, benefits are above and beyond.

Cons

Management struggles with decision making

November 17, 2020

G'day and thanks for your review! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your team and your benefits while you worked for eBay. Despite eBay Australia being recognised earlier this year as one of Australia's Best Places to Work, we're sorry that you've felt that management struggles with decision making. If you have any suggestions on how you feel we can improve, email glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

6. "Not too bad."

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Executive in Melbourne

I worked at eBay full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dynamic culture and background, supportive management

Cons

Better pay rate, lack of differentiations compared to competitors.

October 16, 2020

Hello and thank you for your review! It's great to hear that you enjoy eBay's culture and that you've had positive and supportive experiences with your management. If you'd like to share any advice on how you feel we can improve with pay rate and differentiations, we'd love to hear from you at glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

7. "The best place to grow your career!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I worked at eBay full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1) Strong AU leadership team that understands all aspects of the marketplace business, very strategic with a long term view, amazing partnerships with SMB and enterprise retailers 2) There are lots of opportunities to grow in areas outside of your field of expertise, which enables you to broaden your scope and experience, for me this has been invaluable and has changed the trajectory of my career 3) Market leading position in AU, means you have the opportunity to work with the brightest and most capable people in market, the experience that you gain here puts you in good stead externally, in particular across digital and ecomm

Cons

Some challenges being apart of a global organisation, depending on your role, you might have to have meetings with the EU or the US outside of normal working hours. The silver lining is you get to develop amazing relationships that become friendships

September 24, 2020

What a beautifully detailed review, thank you! You make a great point about our people - they truly are some of the brightest and most capable people around. Sorry to hear about the time zone challenges you faced working in Australia. If you have any additional comments you'd like to share with us, let us know at glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

8. "Special place to work"

Current Employee - Various Positions in Sydney

I have been working at eBay full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Other people are smart, friendly and inspiring It has a great purpose and impact Lots of opportunities to move around

Cons

Sometimes you have lots of work because it is small team, covering large business Global HQ in US

October 19, 2020

Thank you for leaving this review of eBay! We're happy to see that you've enjoyed your time with us; and you've especially enjoyed our mission, your coworkers and the plethora of job opportunities that we offer. Sorry that you feel the work can sometimes be a lot. Great advice, by the way. We will continue to focus on our people, because that's how we remain uniquely eBay. If you want to share anything else, please email glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

"So disappointing"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I worked at eBay full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company has some great people and some nice perks as as well as (seemingly) laid back culture

Cons

* Management is incredibly short term focused (e.g. tricking existing Plus members into forgetting to cancel their renewal) and seem sto have no long term plan * Upper-management does not bother to share even with mid-level management their true plans * Company isn't doing well thanks to Amazon etc

Continue reading
  10. "Great, fast paced and dynamic place to work!"

Former Employee - Programs Specialist in Sydney

I worked at eBay full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast paced & dynamic working environment, always learning new skills and facing new challenges. Great cultural aspect!

Cons

Bit of a division between contracted workers and non-contracted workers, can be a stressful environment at times in terms of meeting deadlines.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,126 English Reviews