eBay Reviews

3.5
eBay CEO Jamie Iannone
Jamie Iannone
Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance is very tough to manage/achieve in spite of flexibility for working hours(in 136 reviews)

• "Leadership decision making can be better(in 105 reviews)

1. "Great company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Coaching Manager in Berlino

I have been working at eBay full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great cultural values and people across the globe, continuous growth opportunities.

Cons

Berlin office is on the outskirts

eBay2019-05-16
  2. "Great company to work at overall"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at eBay full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, culture and benefits. Work hard, play hard.

Cons

Small operations if you are outside the office which means limited to no opportunities to grow and develop.

eBay2020-05-04

"So disappointing"

I worked at eBay full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company has some great people and some nice perks as as well as (seemingly) laid back culture

Cons

* Management is incredibly short term focused (e.g. tricking existing Plus members into forgetting to cancel their renewal) and seem sto have no long term plan * Upper-management does not bother to share even with mid-level management their true plans * Company isn't doing well thanks to Amazon etc

eBay2020-02-25
  4. "Great, fast paced and dynamic place to work!"

Former Employee - Programs Specialist in Sydney

I worked at eBay full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast paced & dynamic working environment, always learning new skills and facing new challenges. Great cultural aspect!

Cons

Bit of a division between contracted workers and non-contracted workers, can be a stressful environment at times in terms of meeting deadlines.

eBay2019-10-30
  5. "I have been working at eBay Classifieds full-time (More than 5 years)"

4.0

I have been working at eBay full-time

Pros

Working with smart people across the globe, collaborating with teams worldwide. occasional travel and more.

Cons

Sometimes traditional org hierarchy can get in the way of working efficiently.

eBay2019-05-08

"Condescending Leadership Team + Employees Throwing each other Under the Bus"

I worked at eBay full-time for more than a year

Pros

None at all - there is no work life balance. Please read the cons below.

Cons

Be aware. You'll sell your soul to the Church of eBay. I'm appalled and disappointed by the lack of professionalism and the huge divide between the fat cats at the top (leadership team) and the rest of the eBay employees. ***Beware of the Structure and the Huge Divide*** To cut costs, eBay doesn't pay benefits to employees like holiday time, sick leave, decent salaries, ebay stock, bonuses, etc... ebay hires 80% of their workforce on a contract basis and they will overwork you and set unrealistic goals and deadlines and when you do deliver, you will be scrapped so they can save more money. They see employees as a commodity rather than people. Because of this there is a huge divide between permanent employees and those on a contract..... contractors are seen as second class employees and they are often exploited and bullied. eBay uses a employment agency for most of their contractors but they also have another complex layer of employees. They outsource their account management team to TTEC who also work on the same floor as other ebay employees and aren't integrated with the rest. Ebay says they are ONE TEAM which is a HUGE lie. ***how to become a permanent employee**** You have either be in a director role or have sold your soul to the leadership team by sucking up to them or 3 years.....they do this, again, to exploit and blind new employees. They get them excited because they are working for a well-known brand but they won't tell you the truth about toxic culture. ***Leadership Team are Elitists**** The leadership team is clique-y, condescending, and won't listen to any of your concerns because if you have been brought in as an AWF (Alternaive Workforce Employee) you don't have a voice.... you're a contractor and seen as fill-in to get the work done, despite if you have worked for the company for over 2 years or more. You will be treated differently as an AWF and be seen as second class employee. There is a lot of talent who have been brought in as AWFs... some are people managers and others have extensive experience within their discipline, but that won't matter. The senior leadership team will palm you off, ignore your concerns, and will talk about you behind your back before investigating real concerns. It's high school all over again. And if you don't drink or aren't a party animal, you will be seen as an outcast. They will bulldoze you with their huge egos. ****They Will Use You****** My last week at eBay I asked to hand over some major projects to my boss who is located in Asia, but she cancelled my video conference call. So I then asked for her boss to be present, but he also cancelled and didn't see me off. I've brought this up to HR but they didn't care. They're not much help either. Steer away from eBay. You're better off at amazon or at another e-commerce company.

eBay2019-05-30
  7. "Designer"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at eBay full-time

Pros

Great work/life balance and remuneration

Cons

Design thinking is not a priority

eBay2018-09-25
  8. "Manager"

I worked at eBay full-time

Pros

Working with passionate and talented people and in a company who is going through some exciting changes.

Cons

Can be difficult to get anything off the ground or change any process due to structure and being part of a large global business. People management in certain areas needs improvement.

eBay2018-08-28

"I would pass on them"

I worked at eBay full-time for more than a year

Pros

They like to over-inflate the "pros," as they suggest workplace flexibility but they don't allow it to occur. The business is failing.

Cons

too many to name. In the States Ebay is a good place to work. Here in Sydney, the culture is terrible. If you think "beers on a Friday," is a good way to incentivize workers, then I as the next generation will run you out of town.

eBay2018-06-26
  10. "Great place to work, varied in many ways,"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at eBay full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work on top 10 sites in different countries. Collaborating with teams worldwide. Impact across the globe due to shared systems. Occasional travel.

Cons

Very self-directed in terms of career guidance. Know what you want and you have to go for it. eBay itself still seems to be its own silo, even though you're supposed to be the same "family"

eBay2018-05-18