The learning never ends

Current Employee - Network Analyst  in  Wallops Island, VA (US)
Current Employee - Network Analyst in Wallops Island, VA (US)

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great company, really great people. We stay on the cutting edge of technology and thrive.

Cons

Retirement benefits have been removed from our current contract

Other Reviews for Lockheed Martin

High value company with updward mobility....if you are in the right profession

Current Employee - Configuration Analyst, Senior  in  Grand Prairie, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Configuration Analyst, Senior in Grand Prairie, TX (US)

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lockheed Martin has great values and provides products that protect the war fighters and America. I think the compensation and benefits are very good compared to the rest of corporate America. You work on very advanced technology which is rare.

Cons

There is a lot of opportunity for advancement especially with the baby boomer generation getting close to retirement which Lockheed has a lot of. Unfortuntely you need to be in Engineering or Finance to really have any possibility of real career advancement. There aren't a lot of opportunities for the rest of us despite our strong leadership abilities.

Don't just look at someones education or current position when it comes to leadership positions. If someone has strong character, values, and work ethic they will probably be a better manager than say someone who has an engineering background but doesn't know how to work with people.

Satellite Systems Engineer.. 18 month sting and OUT....

Current Employee - Satellite Systems Engineer  in  Springfield, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Satellite Systems Engineer in Springfield, VA (US)

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than a year

Pros

Security Clearance
    Great pay out of undergrad (because of shift differential)
    Lots of other young/recent grads
    Smart people
    Advancement opportunities (if you like satellite operations)
    NEVER bring work home with you - you'll go to jail if you do!
    8 hours per day... and that's it!!
    Great hours/benefits

Cons

Shift Schedule - The rotating shift schedule was tough. It's hard for some to stay healthy becuase of the hours, eating habits, etc. And bye bye to half your weekends!

The company is HUGE and obviously pretty silo-ed. If you want to go somewhere else after your 18th month stint it's not like your boss can call his buddy over in a different business unit to help you out.

I thought the work was incredibly boring. Many of my peers LOVED it and wanted to stay in highly technical satellite operations for the rest of the career, never seeing the light of day, traveling, etc. I think I'm almost too much of a mover/shaker for a job like this.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!