There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

The learning never ends

Current Employee - Network Analyst in Wallops Island, VA (US)
Current Employee - Network Analyst in Wallops Island, VA (US)

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great company, really great people. We stay on the cutting edge of technology and thrive.

Cons

Retirement benefits have been removed from our current contract

2431 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

Overall, a great company. Promotions, salary grades, etc...depend heavily upon location

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work with some amazing poeple who are at the top of their game. Company is willing to compensate if you're willing to work very hard and be an effective employee.

Cons

Also work with some people that have been allowed to "skate" along and are clueless but hold very high positions. Depending on location, pay raises and promotions can be great or non-existant. No consistancy.

Evaluate your employees for their achievements, not based on numbers needed or whatever. Also evaluate your managers better based on feedback from their charges.

High value company with updward mobility....if you are in the right profession

Current Employee - Configuration Analyst, Senior in Grand Prairie, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Configuration Analyst, Senior in Grand Prairie, TX (US)

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lockheed Martin has great values and provides products that protect the war fighters and America. I think the compensation and benefits are very good compared to the rest of corporate America. You work on very advanced technology which is rare.

Cons

There is a lot of opportunity for advancement especially with the baby boomer generation getting close to retirement which Lockheed has a lot of. Unfortuntely you need to be in Engineering or Finance to really have any possibility of real career advancement. There aren't a lot of opportunities for the rest of us despite our strong leadership abilities.

Don't just look at someones education or current position when it comes to leadership positions. If someone has strong character, values, and work ethic they will probably be a better manager than say someone who has an engineering background but doesn't know how to work with people.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin