Target

www.target.com

Target is an okay place to work.

Cashier (Former Employee)

ProsSome friendly co-workers, many areas to work and learn to work. Opportunity to switch jobs roles. My HR was very flexible with schedule and listened to my requests of vacation, or if I needed more or less hours or if I wanted to switch job roles.

ConsVERY "clique"ish. Management is very much a clique, so to move up you have to become part of "the cool crowd." I've seen many people who work harder than anyone there who never move up, and people who are told they can't move up because they don't have a degree, but then watch someone else get promoted who also doesn't have one. You're managers often are brought straight in from college with no experience. It's impossible to get full time at Target unless you get a supervisor position, and even then they don't promise full time.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to stop work place cliques. Pay attention to who is doing all the work on the floor. Recognize those people and offer them better pay and promotions. Get rid of the mandatory bachelors degree rule to be a Sr team lead. Many people work for YEARS and know more than someone with no experience who went to college. It should be an equal opportunity. Many of your employees are hard workers but never had the opportunity to go to college.

In the trenches, not the offices

Team Leader (Current Employee) Woodbury, MN (US)

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great business model as a company. Fast paced work. Overall, the leadership (ETLs, STL,… Cons: Promotional opportunities are lacking. For the amount work team leads are expected to… Advice to Senior Management: Get away from opening at midnight on Thanksgiving! It takes away from work/life balance that Target strives for their leadership. I have worked… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I love everything Target has to offer.

GSA, Service Desk (Current Employee) Fort Dodge, IA (US)

I have been working at Target full-time for more than a year

Pros: They will work with you on your schedule and are very friendly. If you have to take the day off for personal reasons they… Cons: So far i have not run into any cons of working at target besides the people… Advice to Senior Management: None at this time. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!