Target
3.2 of 5 6,717 reviews
www.target.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Target is an okay place to work.

Cashier (Former Employee)

I worked at Target part-time for more than a year

ProsSome friendly co-workers, many areas to work and learn to work. Opportunity to switch jobs roles. My HR was very flexible with schedule and listened to my requests of vacation, or if I needed more or less hours or if I wanted to switch job roles.

ConsVERY "clique"ish. Management is very much a clique, so to move up you have to become part of "the cool crowd." I've seen many people who work harder than anyone there who never move up, and people who are told they can't move up because they don't have a degree, but then watch someone else get promoted who also doesn't have one. You're managers often are brought straight in from college with no experience. It's impossible to get full time at Target unless you get a supervisor position, and even then they don't promise full time.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to stop work place cliques. Pay attention to who is doing all the work on the floor. Recognize those people and offer them better pay and promotions. Get rid of the mandatory bachelors degree rule to be a Sr team lead. Many people work for YEARS and know more than someone with no experience who went to college. It should be an equal opportunity. Many of your employees are hard workers but never had the opportunity to go to college.

Great company

I have been working at Target part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Flexible work hours for hourly employees, good for part-time work. Full benefits for hourly employees working 20+… Cons: Advancement limit for people without a Bachelor's Degree. Associate's doesn't… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

7 years of growth in Target Stores

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Target full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Positive, winning atmosphere Bonus for performance Free Stuff Surrounded by great leaders who are… Cons: Work/Life Balance has been getting harder over the years we have had to do more with less. I think Bob Ulrich was a better CEO but… More

There are newer reviews on Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Target CEO Gregg W. Steinhafel. All reviews posted anonymously by Target employees.