There are newer employer reviews for Target

I love my target

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Lodi, CA (US)
Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Lodi, CA (US)

I have been working at Target part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The fast, fun, and friendly vibe everyone gives off.

Cons

the lack of hours and raises.

Give more praise.

8753 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Young and Sleek Company

I worked at Target

Pros

Great benefits and work environment.

Cons

Multiple bosses all telling you the same thing.

Great company with good work/life balance.

Current Employee - Senior Team Lead
    Current Employee - Senior Team Lead

I have been working at Target full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Target is a great company with a good scheduling system. Going into retail was a little scary for me at first because I thought I was going to be working all the time with no time for myself. However, they take the work/life balance thing very seriously. I off every other weekend and during the week my days off rotate between two different days so it makes it easy for me to plan things I might have going on outside of work. In addition, the company does not allow us to take work home, skip our breaks, or even talk about work during that time. It is nice that there are still employers out there that don't believe that work should be your life!

Also, having a degree actually means something here. I was hired at $4 more per hour for a position that someone without a degree would be hired at. I also have the ability to promote in the future where as they would not.

Cons

Target has a pretty strict "no promotion" rule for your first 12 months with the company. The reason I have listed this as a "con" is because with a degree I could have been hired as an Executive Team Leader however, when I applied there were no ETL openings. Within the first six months there was an ETL availability that was given to a new applicant that was just graduating college. I would have loved to take the opportunity but because of their rule, I was not considered.

I would try to make it a point to treat your newer, younger management team with a little more respect and encouragement. Otherwise, you run the risk of loosing them to other companies and starting the training process all over again. Over time, you'll have a better shot at having a stronger, more experienced time this way.

There are newer employer reviews for Target