Target

www.target.com

Being an ETL at Target is Challenging and Rewarding

Executive Team Leader (Current Employee) Madison, WI (US)

ProsTarget paints the big picture for your long-term career destination, and gives you the development tools and feedback you need to be successful in reaching your career goals. You come to really know how to leverage your strengths and improve your opportunities as a leader through feedback.

ConsTarget leaders are expected to be very global and sometimes it really cuts into your time/ability to drill into driving results in the areas that you own and are accountable to. ETL's. The training program for new ETL's is insufficient at preparing you to be successful in your role on day one. Your most valuable training will come after being thrown into your position under-prepared and learning to succeed through trial and error.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want stores to drive specific metrics then your leaders need the proper tools to hold Team Members accountable to driving those results (ex: individual achievement statistics for AAR, who is performing at what level based off of transactions), and Team Members need the appropriate incentives to drive those results (ex: base plus commission TM's in electronics, or more than a .25 cent raise per hour for being an electronics TM).

Best Company Ever

Group Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Focus on development, rewards for results, great team to grow your career or start a new one. I've worked for… Cons: Target's culture isn't for everyone. Highly collaborative with emphasis on "how" you get results.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Place to Work and Great pay for Management

Executive Team Leader (Current Employee) Fresno, CA (US)

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Managers get great pay for what they have to do. Team… Cons: Working holidays, weekends, and night Hourly TM pay Raises Promotions are very political… Advice to Senior Management: Group and Regional management need to look at every District… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!