AGL Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

AGL Energy Interview Questions

Interviews at AGL Energy

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AGL Energy.

Interview

I had a quick phone interview and got invited to an assessment centre. The assessment centre contained of a presentation, one-on-one interview, virtual call centre scenario (computer call centre simulation with multiple choice answers) and we had some time to double-jack with an agent to get an idea of how the job is.
    While the phone interview was a probably five minutes in total, the assessment centre took over three hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time there was a problem no-one else was able to handle. How did you take care of it?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you worked with someone that had a completely different work style to you. How did you approach the situation?   Answer Question
    • One time you had to convince someone of the value of a product you were selling?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to prioritise task and how did you go about it?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to convince someone of the value of a product you were selling?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AGL Energy.

Interview

There will be an online interview asking you to record and answer a few questions. You could record your answers and submit. It will take a few days to get back the reply then.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AGL Energy.

Interview

Phone screening, In person interview, after that I was told on phone that position is scrapped and now they are not hiring for the position. Considering the efforts and time one put in going for an interview, it was unprofessional and disappointing at the same time.

Head of Customer Experience Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AGL Energy.

Interview

Initial phone screening with HR, basic questions about why I was interested in the role and why I was leaving my current job. One discipline specific question, everything else generic

Knowledge Management Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AGL Energy (Melbourne) in June 2019.

Interview

Pre-screen interview with AGL HR... A little more thorough than most but focusing on work history. Called back a day later with an interview invitation. Good experience.

First round interview was with team manager and a colleague in Melbourne.
    I gave a description of my work history.
    Broken down into asking me about my experience. Lots of questions about my motivation for applying for the role. They mentioned the team was exuberant and extroverted.

Hardly any questions about my technical ability or what I knew about AGL. It was all 'what makes you get out of bed' style questions. The manager thought I was over-qualified to be applying for a junior role (no mention in the ad or salary range that these are junior roles). The salary is inline with my previous jobs.

Then moved into the standard behavioral type questions (I think there were three)
    Something about managing stakeholders
    Something about managing conflicting priorities.
    ..you know the drill, folks

Unexpectedly, I got a second round interview. This was with the same team manager and his manager. Again, the interview seemed straightforward... I had to repeat a lot of information for the benefit of the 1-up manager - no issue with that. The 1-up manager said he was going off script...but again it seemed like more questions about my motivations, as opposed to my ability. There was a 15 minute practical exercise on an everyday task but it was a super basic written exercise to show my thought processes although there was a lot to do with the allocated time.

Overall the interviewers were cordial, friendly, and professional but I was knocked back because they preferred someone with industry experience. (Frustrating as they could have eliminated me at the first step as I do not have that and there were absolutely no questions or concerns raised about that during the pre-screen or subsequent interviews).

Overall I got the impression that the job had already been filled and I was just wheeled in to satisfy the HR process or that they wanted someone to fit in with their 'extroverted' team.

Interview Questions

• What makes you get out of bed in the morning?
      What fills your bucket (same as above question)?
      Why have you applied for the role?
      What are you looking for in terms of work culture?
      Why didn't you stay with your previous employer?   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AGL Energy (Melbourne) in June 2019.

Interview

Phone screening first, then an interview with my team manager and HR representative. Followed by a second interview with my team manager and another manager. Then background checks, and reference checks. Slow process all up, took over a month to get it all done.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AGL Energy.

Interview

It was very formal with a thorough test of knowledge. Make sure you practice with some test questions online first. All staff were very friendly and courteous despite the long process.
    Great.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AGL Energy (Melbourne) in May 2019.

Interview

Had to do a video interview, a phone role play and a assessment centre. The video interview was easy it was 3 questions where you had unlimited chances to rerecord, the phone role play was straight forward and the assessment centre was a brief introduction, then 2 tests, listening to calls then the behavioral question interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were given negative feedback by a team leader and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Regulatory & Governance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AGL Energy (Sydney) in February 2019.

Interview

Initial phone interview happened within a few days of applying, and then the interview was booked for 3 weeks later. This was mostly well organised except I was given 3 different titles for each of the interviewers - none of which were right.

The panel consisted of the manager, a peer and HR. The peer was rude and condescending but the manager was friendly and polite - she went so far as to say that AGL's culture was "progressive".

The rejection phone call will stick with me for a long time. It was just unbelievable.

Bit of background, my previous two roles had me leading presentations and routine meetings with our executives and overseas shareholders. So.. when I was told that I didn't have the "maturity necessary to liaise with senior AGL managers" - remember, these guys are progressive - I was shocked. Whilst I look young, I would have thought that a discriminatory culture isn't something that a progressive company would be looking to perpetuate.

The way it was phrased, I can't be sure if it's just the manager who thinks age discrimination would occur in that team or if it's so widely practiced that it should be one of their values.

Either way.. I hope they find out that being progressive generally means not being openly discriminatory.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

"Head of Level" Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AGL Energy (Melbourne) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied for the role through seek.com.au and was contacted by the internal talent acquisition team lead for a pre-screening phone interview.

After a week I was informed by another talent acquisition team member that my application was short listed and was forwarded to the hiring manager. A total of 130 applicants applied and I was one of the 15 short listed.

After another week I was informed, via telephonic call, that I was not selected as there were internal candidates being considered and there was strong competition for the role.

The internal talent acquisition team was very professional, polite, courteous and treated me with great respect. They kept in touch and responded back when I followed up.

Through out the process, I was kept up to date with what was happening through emails as well as through telephonic correspondence.

I did not make it to the first round but the experience was a breath of fresh air. The in-house recruiters were very professional and setting a new standard.

Well done AGL talent acquisition team.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.