Activision Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Activision Interview Questions

Updated 21 May 2018

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Activision (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

It was a very professional yet friendly and engaging process. It Was one on one with the project leads. It was handled very well and ran very smooth. I would recommend this process to other hiring departments.

Interview Questions

• What skills I can bring from previous work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Activision (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

I was taken into a small room with 5 interviewers that looked over my resume while asking me questions and explaining the work process that I would fulfill if I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Q: Have you come across any bugs while playing one of our games? If so, what was one and how would you go about fixing it?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Activision in March 2018.

Interview

Recruiter emailed me after about a week I applied and asked if I was free for a phone screen chat. The first phone screening was quite casual and relaxed, I expect the same for my Skype interview that's happening in a few days.

Motion Graphics Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I interviewed at Activision (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Interviewed with multiple people, each one was positiveand friendly. Went over the basics, my experience, their needs. No one followed up afterwards. It's been 2 months. I've been considering emailing them as to why, but it's their responsibility to reach out to me, even if it's a 'no'. Also, the department works in a basement with no windows.i probably dodged some bullets here.

Interview Questions

Activision Response

11 May 2018 – Sr. Manager, Talent Attraction

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback regarding your interview with our team. In our pursuit of excellence we strive to ensure all candidates have a great interview experience... More

Game Tools Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Activision (Albany, NY (US)).

Interview

First I was tasked with a programming test, I passed and had a phone interview with two engineers. They asked about tech questions about C++ and C#, how I felt about the prior programming test, what games I had been playing, etc. Pretty random questions and they sounded very tired and wasn't too curious about my past experience and why I wanted to do tools development.

12 Apr 2018 – Sr. Manager, Talent Attraction

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback regarding our phone screening process. Based on your interview location it appears you met with our team at Vicarious Visions. We strive to... More

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Activision in December 2017.

Interview

I went in through a referral and from the start the process was odd. The recruiter called me out of the blue without setting up a time in advanced (very unprofessional), and when I spoke with him, he was rude, condescending, and overall unwelcoming as if he HAD to make this call vs wanting to actually reach out.

The hiring manager and I had a great call and I was told the recruiter would reach out with more information later. Upon following up with the recruiter I heard nothing for weeks.

Then I received an automated, canned email saying they went with another candidate. I once again followed up with the recruiter, asking for any feedback that might help in future interviews and was completely ignored.

Awful experience, awful recruiter, and a really bad look for Activision as a company.

Interview Questions

• How much money are you making now?   1 Answer

18 Jan 2018 – SVP Talent Acquisition

Hi, thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your experience with us. Clearly, your experience fell below the level that we strive for when dealing with candidates, especially one referred... More

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Activision (Santa Monica, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Had a Quick phone interview.
    Then set up an in person interview. They did not inform me that I would be interviewing with multiple people. They where all surprised I was not told of this.None the less the interview itself was very easy going and fun. Everyone seemed like great people to work with.
    I was then informed that if I was pushed onto the next round that I would be called back on a later date for a quick assessment test.
    I was called back a week later.
    I then was taken into a cubical for the test. They seemed a bit dis-shuffled for this and did not have my computer ready. When I began the test which was fairly easy! I noticed none of the short cut keys where set which was a total hassle. I had to right click everything. The prompt informed me to use old covers on the web as help. The Internet explorer would not start up due to updates. Then the computer began to restart and do more updates for other programs including their security log in program, which obviously did not help. I would finish a portion and had to restart due to updates and restarts. This test was on a Windows NOT a Mac so be familiar with both. I was told they do not expect me to finish the entire list on the prompt but to touch a bit of all. With all the obstacles I was going through I was surprised I got as far as I did in the 30 min.
    I was then told they would be in contact with me. Later told the position was given to the other candidate.
    All in all it was an easy process and would have love to work with such a great team. I was probably just dealt a bad hand with the assessment.

Interview Questions

• What games do I play and on what console?   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Activision (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online had One phone interview and one on-site interview follow it up with the hiring manager and to see if they had interest in the fifth and get back to me three days later I was given a notification that I need is to start my on boarding paperwork and then I was hired on to hours later the hiring manager sent me an email saying yes we have interest in your candidacy please disregard this email and will get back to me the following Monday I was sent a rejection letter I asked for any feedback in regards to my candidacy time and no one ever responded it was a negative interview process with the lack of communication.

QA Tester Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Activision in May 2017.

Interview

Spoke with three people from the Quality Assurance division at the same time. The position they described was different from the job description I had read when I applied. I wasn't sure if that was supposed to be a test or not, but since one of the interviewers was the head of QA, I didn't push back very hard.

I assumed the position was more general QA since the description said "this can include..." and listed various types, but when I got there, they specifically zeroed in on one (which, why not just say that on the description, I wouldn't have wasted your time...). I kinda prepped for a different experience, so needless to say, I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment in a game where you think you spotted a bug or error. (or something like that)   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Activision (San Diego, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone call went great. I was told there would be a follow up call with a manager. A day later I received a one liner email from the recruiter saying he knew someone I had worked with in the past. Never heard from him again even after a follow up email. It was the most unprofessional interview experience I've ever had. Unfortunately it's experiences just like this one that give recruiters a bad reputation.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.