AmeriCan Adventures Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at AmeriCan Adventures

3.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at AmeriCan Adventures

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCan Adventures (Portland, OR (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Filled out an online application with supplemental questions, attached a resume and cover letter, and gave 5 references. Had two separate Skype interviews with two different people. First interview was going over my resume, asking basic questions, like describe a situation where you've stepped into a leadership role, etc. Second interview I was sent the wrong Skype address and couldn't get in touch with anyone for twenty minutes. The interviewer described a "day from hell" to gauge how you would respond under pressure and on the fly, such as if the van were to get a flat on the side of the road in the desert. At the end of the interview I was told to expect an offer in the coming week. The next week I received an email that I was not selected. Never had an interview where that much miscommunication has occurred before.

Interview Questions

• Prepare a short 2-3 minute presentation about an American custom or historical figure.   Answer Question
    • Prepare a short 2-3 minute presentation about one of the National Parks.   Answer Question

Tour Gudie Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCan Adventures in May 2015.

Interview

I interviewed via Skype for the position. The team was very friendly and communication was great through the whole process. I communicated with them through email and set up a skype interview. The whole process was easy to navigate and very clear what they were looking for. It was an overal great experience!

Interview Questions

• Would I be comfortable handling a customer who might be home sick at a very late hour.   1 Answer

Tour Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AmeriCan Adventures (Santa Rosa, CA (US)).

Interview

Begin with a 12 page or more application that will ask lots of scenario questions such as, "How would you handle a passenger who...", and know at the end that you will be asked to submit the online app by connecting either through your Facebook or LinkedIn and the app cannot be turned in without connecting through one or the other. Also, heads up, the application expects something like 6 references. After submitting your application a training and recruiting manager will call you to set up a Skype interview. The Skype interviews are exhausting, expect at least 45 minutes to an hour of rapid fire questions of a diverse nature including a healthy amount of geography and history trivia about the US. Anticipate lots of questions about your driving style and knowledge of vehicles as this job is mostly truck driving honestly. Lastly, and most importantly, prepare a 3-5 minute lecture about how you would introduce passengers to a national park, you will be asked this question!

Interview Questions

• I was asked what I would do if I had unruly passengers and after I answered, the scenario progressively got worse and I was asked what I would do as the situation continued to worsen and the drunken passengers started to cause more and more commotion.   1 Answer

Tour Group Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AmeriCan Adventures in April 2013.

Interview

First you have to fill out a very long and comprehensive application online.
    If they like what they see, they will conduct a brief phone screening interview with you to make sure you can make the dates of the season.
    Then they email you to arrange a Skype interview and ask you to prepare a 3 minute presentation on any national park the trips visit.
    Then it's time for the Skype interview and prepare yourself for an intense mentally challenging and exhausting experience. The interview starts out similar to others-the interviewer asks you questions about your resume, work history and covers the basics. Next you are asked a series of scenario questions that gauge how you would act in a potentially challenging situation while leading a tour. These questions are tough and relentless-one after another-I was asked about 6 or 7 very tough situational questions.
    Brace yourself because now it's time for a pop quiz! You are tested on your US geography and historical knowledge. Some questions include knowing the capitals, border areas and where national parks are located.
    And after a humbling series of questions that crush any previous notion that you had a good grasp on US geography, you are now sweaty and red in the face and it's time for the 3 minute presentation. Perhaps you had prepared and rehearsed 4 or 5 times, but now, with your mind jumbled in scenarios and historical facts, you need to show that you can keep your cool and present information.
    When it's all done, you can relax your shoulders and ask questions. The whole interview lasts about 45 minutes and it is definitely unique and challenging, for good reason. The job is a very demanding one-you have to be quick with your thinking and problem solving and you have to know your US history like the back of your hand. If you can't make it through the interview, you'll never make it through the job.

Tour Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AmeriCan Adventures (Santa Rosa, CA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

Mostly online, then skype interview and thats it. I got intially told I was a maybe, but they called me back a week later to offer the position. This was unique because the other people in my training group were made offers right away.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.