Analysis Group Interview Questions

Updated 3 Feb 2016

2.9

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and received an email for the phone interview about two weeks after I submitted my online application. One analyst and one associate was on the phone for about 30 mins and it was mostly behavioral questions. Then they flew me out to their office where there were six rounds of 30 mins interviews. I met with the VP, two other associates and other analysts. Everyone was pretty friendly, but the associates didn't seem to have much to ask or say. It was mostly me talking and they either looked bored or didn't have any feedback. Then they take you out to lunch where you can ask more questions about the company. I didn't hear back for weeks, then they requested an additional phone interview with another Associate. Then, there was another silence for almost two months. I wrote to them and they never got back to me. Around 2 months after, I received a generic email that I did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• They give you a scenario of a case that they have been working on and ask you what you would do.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

First there was a 30 minute interview with an analyst in which they asked about my skill set and resume. Then I came in for an on campus interview where i talked to four people and had lunch after.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Applied through the college and got invited for the on-campus interview. There were two interviewers (usually Senior Analysts) who asked only resume-based questions. Behavioral questions were not that hard but definitely would need lots of practice. Also, focus on past research experiences as typical for econ consulting. My interviewers seemed to be a bit disinterested or bored near the end though.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

First round was a behavioral phone interview from a current analyst (a senior analyst was supposed to join as well but was not present). A lot of the questions focused on work experience, situational/hypothetical questions, and questions relating to my economics/econometrics background. This is a job where having some quantitative experience is definitely helpful. The interview himself seemed inexperienced and did not really comment much on my answers. At the end of the interview we talked more about the logistics of the recruitment process, and what I like to do outside of work. Was not a bad experience but I wish I had some feedback on how my answers were.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had a disagreement with a manager?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through college. After the first round of on-campus interview, I received the second round of onsite interview which is at the Boston Office. The five interviewers are from VP to analyst. You just sit in a conference room and waited for them come by, one after one. All of them take 30 minutes to chat with you, introduce their roles and ask about behavior questions about your experience and your teamwork. After that is a simple lunch and talk with three additional employees. They said that was totally informal but I am not sure if your behavior on the table contributed to the result. Overall very pleasant experience. But as you know, the behavior interviews are something might let you feel good but then when you failed you did not know exactly why. I got rejection after 3 days of the interview. Well, failures built up to success. Keep going.

Interview Questions

• Your resumes, your teamwork experience.... nothing unexpected   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

There were two parts: a phone interview and an in-person interview. Both involved answering questions about my past research in school. With the in-person interview, I met with about 10 AG folks, including Associates, Managers, and Partners.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my research. The overall objective was for me to explain my research, the question I asked, and how I conducted my research. The interviewers followed up with clarification questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

Standard behavioral interview on campus. With two analysts with the company. No case. Focused a lot on my past research experience. Lasted about 25 minutes with time for me to ask them questions.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

There were a lot of behavior questions. For example, what was your strength or weakness. What was your goal? Why do you want to do consulting? Why do you want to do economic consulting?

Analyst Interview

Interview

First interview was on the phone with two interviewers for approximately 45 minutes. The questions were largely behavioral with some case at the end. Fairly straight forward interview. The also asked me about my internships and about current events.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

First round interview was supposed to be on-campus but changed into a phone interview due to scheduling conflicts. Very conversational. HR quickly followed up to schedule a final round at the Boston office. 4 interviews with different levels of staff. Primarily conversational. Very enjoyable and went quicker than i expected it would go.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.