Anglo American Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Anglo American Interview Questions

Interviews at Anglo American

2.9

Boilermaker/Welder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anglo American (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

it was well excellent,fair,and accomodating for other people.very interesting.i would love to be recommended.im looking forward for the available vacancies to be part of the assessment.the interview was quite good.and i would love to re locate and work oversease.

IT/Digital Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anglo American.

Interview

I was approached by an offshore-based recruiter to interview for a role that is identical to one I do now for another Fortune 100 company. The recruiter was late for our call and did not seem to be well prepared in terms of his understanding of the position or the needs of the hiring manager. He asked one or two questions, did not make much of an effort to probe my experience, and ended the call after about five minutes. It felt like a superficial process, and from the point of view of the applicant, not terribly respectful.

Interview Questions

• High level question about experience and qualifications   Answer Question

Graduate Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durban (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Anglo American (Durban (South Africa)) in June 2020.

Interview

Was a long drawn out process. Was a little disappointed with lack of feedback. Video interview and phone screening questions were very similarly asked (if not the same).

Safety Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anglo American (London, England (UK)) in April 2020.

Interview

Interview was well planned and organised. The panel had knowledge & were experience within the area. You need to prepare for any number of questions - Reflect on different situations from your career that were highlights, difficult and how you over come them.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time I was over ambitious?   1 Answer

Principal Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

For London, a lady from HR does a screening phone call. She clearly has no idea what she is talking about, but she obviously thinks she deeply understands machine learning.
    According to her ML knowledge, I don't have the skills. Since she does not understand the algorithms behind, she cannot see any knowledge transfer! It's the first time in all my experience (6 yrs) that I have not passed the screening call phase. It's really not a serious process if the only person looking through and filtering CVs is an HR person who overestimates her understanding of machine learning.

Interview Questions

• describe your previous role   1 Answer

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anglo American (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in September 2019.

Interview

1. Montage video interview: based on background and competency based questions.
    2. Phone interview: +-30 min based on background and competency based questions.
    4. Online Assessment: numerical, logical, verbal tests and personality assessments.
    3. Face-to-face interview: Competency based, case study and group assessment.

Interview Questions

• Provide a past experience where something came between you achieving your goal.   1 Answer

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durban (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anglo American (Durban (South Africa)) in August 2019.

Interview

It was a Montage video interview, it was very easy you to just go for it because you have all the time to think about your answers. They give you two chances to make and submit your answers as videos recorded by you.

Interview Questions

• Challenges faced by mining industry and what can you do about them.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anglo American (Cape Town (South Africa)) in July 2019.

Interview

The montage one way interview is not accommodating to those without a laptop or smart phone. However the online interview was very interesting. I would love for it to be changed to a telephonic interview though. Eskom Power cuts interfered with my interview 6 time.

Interview Questions

• The mining industry is currently facing a number of challenges. What would you say these challenges are and how would you tackle them?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you succeeded in an initiative by collaborating with others?   Answer Question
    • Community service and volunteering?   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anglo American (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in July 2019.

Interview

Applied online, received feedback then proceeded to video interview then went to telephone interview. It was a learning experience and the response from HR was always on time. The whole experience was eye opening.

Chemical Engineering Bursary Interview

Interview

Applied online with school results, conditional acceptance from university and extramurals. Got an interview that was done in a hotel in town. Only one interviewer in a meeting room in the hotel.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.