Anglo American Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Anglo American Interview Questions

Interviews at Anglo American

2.9

Boilermaker/Welder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anglo American (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

it was well excellent,fair,and accomodating for other people.very interesting.i would love to be recommended.im looking forward for the available vacancies to be part of the assessment.the interview was quite good.and i would love to re locate and work oversease.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anglo American (Brisbane) in January 2010.

Interview

One interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anglo American.

Interview

Video interview (30 secs - 1 min to speak iirc), followed by online assessments (similar to many other companies) and face to face interview at the office. Overall process was pleasant and efficient. Knowledge on commodities can be helpful.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anglo American (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in August 2015.

Interview

a bit difficult but very strait forward. I enjoyed the interview overall and think I they are very welcoming and kind I would recommend that you go there very relaxed and make sure you check your body posture

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Anglo American   1 Answer

Global Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anglo American (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

A multi stage interview with psychometric testing and external physiologist consultant who asked lots of silly questions revealing that she didn't really understand what the job was. Included myers briggs style assessment.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you have collaborated.   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anglo American (Brisbane) in May 2017.

Interview

Online assessment (took 2 hours to finish). Waited a month then video interview (simple questions like "what do you know about Anglo?").
    Waited another month then face to face interview (typical interview questions, heavy focus on safety). Waited 3 months before any sort of contact at all, even after they said it would be a month max.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anglo American (Cape Town (South Africa)) in July 2019.

Interview

The montage one way interview is not accommodating to those without a laptop or smart phone. However the online interview was very interesting. I would love for it to be changed to a telephonic interview though. Eskom Power cuts interfered with my interview 6 time.

Interview Questions

• The mining industry is currently facing a number of challenges. What would you say these challenges are and how would you tackle them?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you succeeded in an initiative by collaborating with others?   Answer Question
    • Community service and volunteering?   Answer Question

Graduate Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Anglo American (Brisbane).

Interview

Very quick process - the company are more interested to see that you are well-rounded and involved in various activities outside of your studies. Highly regard volunteer work, team sports, extra-curricular activities. The interview still involved the stupid scenario questions that are pointless and irritating. Definitely interested in safety conscious.

Interview Questions

• How have you helped out a friend in a unsafe situation   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation offered.

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Interview

Lengthy process, includes one on one interviews, psychometric testing and last round a panel interview.
    Very relaxed environment. Most questions are situation based on past experiences. Big focus on how you incorporate anglo values in your everyday life

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you showed innovative thinking   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anglo American in October 2010.

Interview

tell us about youself, qualifications, experience, will you relocate, scenarios that required me to show that i can hold a responsible position

Interview Questions

• have you ever dealt with a conflicting situation at work   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.