Anglo American Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Anglo American Interview Questions

Updated 11 Apr 2019

Sort:

Boilermaker/Welder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anglo American (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

it was well excellent,fair,and accomodating for other people.very interesting.i would love to be recommended.im looking forward for the available vacancies to be part of the assessment.the interview was quite good.and i would love to re locate and work oversease.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anglo American (Brisbane) in January 2010.

Interview

One interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais (Brazil)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Anglo American (Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais (Brazil)) in June 2012.

Interview

Curriculum analysis followed by face-to-face interview with the general manager of the area.
    The interview was conducted in English.
    I was asked to explain my background and why I would like to work in the company.
    The interviewer explained the project and the position I was supposed to assume.

Interview Questions

• Why I would like to work in the company   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anglo American (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2014.

Interview

Online application --> video interview --> online aptitude tests --> final interview
    fairly straight forward. easy
    HR called to confirm interview dates
    result out fairly quickly
    clear process. friendly interviewer
    average level of difficulty for online tests

Interview Questions

• your previous job responsibilities, achievements
      why this area of work
      what are your core competencies
      what do you know about our business
      who are our competitors
      what are the challenges our industry face   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anglo American.

Interview

Video interview (30 secs - 1 min to speak iirc), followed by online assessments (similar to many other companies) and face to face interview at the office. Overall process was pleasant and efficient. Knowledge on commodities can be helpful.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anglo American (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in November 2011.

Interview

They did ask for a detailed CV. References from few people was must and they do check with the reference. First was the psychometric tests followed by face to face interview. Very cordial atmosphere. They did organise a site visit to familiarise with the area. but the overall process is slow and it takes long time.

Interview Questions

• Biggest challenges, Successful projects, What can i do different, my biggest failure   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable , and if you leave it to them generally its not always attractive.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anglo American (Brisbane) in May 2017.

Interview

Online assessment (took 2 hours to finish). Waited a month then video interview (simple questions like "what do you know about Anglo?").
    Waited another month then face to face interview (typical interview questions, heavy focus on safety). Waited 3 months before any sort of contact at all, even after they said it would be a month max.

Graduate Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Anglo American (Brisbane).

Interview

Very quick process - the company are more interested to see that you are well-rounded and involved in various activities outside of your studies. Highly regard volunteer work, team sports, extra-curricular activities. The interview still involved the stupid scenario questions that are pointless and irritating. Definitely interested in safety conscious.

Interview Questions

• How have you helped out a friend in a unsafe situation   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation offered.

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Interview

Lengthy process, includes one on one interviews, psychometric testing and last round a panel interview.
    Very relaxed environment. Most questions are situation based on past experiences. Big focus on how you incorporate anglo values in your everyday life

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you showed innovative thinking   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anglo American in October 2010.

Interview

tell us about youself, qualifications, experience, will you relocate, scenarios that required me to show that i can hold a responsible position

Interview Questions

• have you ever dealt with a conflicting situation at work   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.