Australian Army Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Australian Army

2.6

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canberra

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Australian Army (Canberra) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview process is a single day at the Royal Military College, Duntroon, Canberra. Day begins at 6am: physical test, problem solving activity, lunch, group discussion and individual presentation, formal interview.

Officer Cadet Interview

Interview

very long and difficult, but hang in there

Interview Questions

• Why should you be trusted to lead men in combat, what makes you better than the other people waiting outside.   Answer Question

Negotiation

fine

Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Australian Army (Melbourne) in April 2013.

Interview

First a presentation on the benefits of joining, then a Medical and basic skills testing (Maths and English), then one on one interview.

My interview was taken by a Sargent who clearly did not want to be there, straight off the bat he threatened to "Make my life difficult" if I joined, he then accused me of abusing staff (he confused me with another applicant who made some remark to another recruiter). The whole interview was him talking about himself which sounded like BS as much as it was unimpressive.

Overall the staff at the Melbourne office seemed disinterested and had no energy or sense of urgency, most did not come across as very bright and their uniforms looked cheap and ill-fitting. Not a great impression. After I left I immediately withdrew my application.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join the Army, Are you OK with taking orders.   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Australian Army (Brisbane).

Interview

Is a joke. You go through recruiters who recommend you for jobs that are not suited to you. The reason for this is that they receive quotas and commissions for certain positions, which means this does not accurately reflect what jobs are actually in demand in Defence. A prime example - the Defence jobs site has Administration Clerk as its Priority Job. Now people actually in the Army know darn well that these positions are getting cut as Defence is making many clerks redundant and cutting jobs and positions.

Interview Questions

• There is none. Except maybe a psych question which says "I feel like jumping off tall building when I am at the top" or words to that effect. Answer no. Watch those psych questions. Always go with the PC answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

What negotiation?

Combat Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hobart

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australian Army (Hobart) in January 2015.

Interview

First required to sit an IQ test, then had a interview with an officer for about 20 minutes. He tested my knowledge about the job and army, and asked behavioural type questions. I then had to go have my medical

Interview Questions

• Interview questions comprised of job related questions and behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Supply Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Australian Army.

Interview

It was Quick, Easy, Painless and exciting. the staff were very friendly and helpful. they understood it was nerve racking for everyone and did the best they could to make it a fast and more enjoyable process for everyone.

Interview Questions

• How far in Rank do you expect to go in the Australian Army.   1 Answer

Special Forces Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Australian Army (Perth, Western Australia) in March 2016.

Interview

3 week intensive selection process that involved physically and mentally demanding tasks, working in tight teams to achieve demanding goals, food and sleep deprivation. This process was followed by a 18 month training course and employment was based on performance over the 18 months.

General Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Australian Army (Perth, Western Australia).

Interview

DFR screening followed by a day-long selection board including indoor and outdoor activities in a group setting. Includes debating, physical entry test, outdoor leadership activities and a board/panel. Quite extensive process. They selected 6/10 of my group.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrated leadership or displaying your leadership potential across written, classroom and outdoor exercises. The end of the day is finished with a panel interview with psychologist, and at least 2 senior officers.   Answer Question

GSO Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Australian Army (Brisbane).

Interview

Long, paper-filled. Good psychometric testing, however, does not link to actual job descriptions and recruiting for officers is very generic, as you don't specialise until after you've completed RMC.
    Online test - then aptitude test, then 1 on 1 interview and health exam, then physical test, then team-building activities and panel interview, with some ad-lib/improv public speaking.

Interview Questions

• Q: If you had a 40 year old soldier (subordinate) ask you what to do because their marriage has broken down, what would you say?   2 Answers

Cav Interview

Interview

Hard when you are 18, easy in retrospect. They want you in a combat role so they are selling you on the job as they have recruitment quotas as long as you are not to crazy with your responses

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.