Australian Taxation Office Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 66 of over 66 interviews

In Person6%
Recruitment Agency6%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Sydney) in Sep 2021

Interview

On the day of interview my internet suffered and i disconnected. I rejoined back in about 5 minutes but they all left the room. We rescheduled the meeting but they never showed up and i was told they found another suitable candidate the day after. It would've be nice for them to notify me before the 2nd interview and not leave me waiting. I understand it was just for a contract role but they were extremely rude and I will never work for them based off this experience.

Interview Questions
  • what are your passions (outside of work)?
    Answer Question

Australian Taxation Office

Application

I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office

Interview

Straight forward application process. Consisted of two parts, firstly, an online test and secondly a face to face interview. Online test was culture fit and games and the face to face interview was behavioural questions. It was a formal interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Australian Taxation Office

Application

I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office

Interview

brief interview with almost the same type of questions already posted on glass door. Nothing technical more of behavioural or HR questions. Didn't got the feedback how did I go. They haven't respond back yet.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Brisbane) in Jul 2021

Interview

Largely behavioural questions but overall you are allowed to ask for more time. The group activity proved difficult given zoon and being unable to work on the same document.

Interview Questions
  • When have you had to change someone else's opinion to achieve a task?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Sydney) in Jun 2021

Interview

It is a slow process. I applied in April was then asked to complete some online questions (about 5). They were pretty broad such as describe the best team, when have you been flexible. In May I was then asked to complete some psychometric testing. Towards the end of May, I was given an offer to attend an online Assessment Centre. This consisted of a one on one interview and a group task I attended in June and in July received an email that I was placed into the Merit Pool.

Interview Questions
  • Assessment Centre example; Describe a time when you needed to develop a new way of doing things They were all questions that asked for STAR

Australian Taxation Office

Application

I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office

Interview

There is a script to follow with key words they are looking for. Also, it is very process based. You have to walk them through your experiences from first principles.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us your experience with analysis and offering advice on strategy for compliance.

Australian Taxation Office

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office

Interview

a standard cover letter plus resume application, followed by an online interview of pre recorded questions which you have multiple attempts to answer. afterwards a representative gets in contact with you if you are successful

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Sydney) in Apr 2021

Interview

First phase consisted of five behavioural questions in the format of a text conversation, each response was 150-200 words. Second phase is an online assessment. Third phase is an interview and a group activity, both online.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you took an alternative approach to solving a problem.

Australian Taxation Office

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office in Apr 2021

Interview

Decent enough, typical of larger organisation. Not difficult in any ways outside of the usual waiting for a response at each stage. Online process was easy enough and I had no issues.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Sydney) in Mar 2021

Interview

Pre recorded video interview. They asked around 5 set questions which they were asking everyone at that time. I passed and was told to wait for a response in the upcoming days. Was placed on talent pool and never heard back. It has been months. Took months for the process to start and still nothing

Interview Questions
  • How did you deal with an angry customer? Describe the situation and steps you took.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 66 Interviews