Australian Taxation Office Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Australian Taxation Office Interview Questions

Interviews at Australian Taxation Office

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office.

Interview

The first step to the application process was to complete an online application and completing a general skills testing quiz. Candidates may then be invited to take a computer quiz in the office. Interview conducted by a panel of three: one HR manager, one business line manager and a recent graduate.

Interview Questions

• Which types of taxes are administered by the ATO?   1 Answer

Field Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Beaverton, OR (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

Was very brief, here is the job do it... If you don't you don't have the job for long kinda feel. There is no room for negotiation and you are replaceable. They did not mention a high turnover rate of employees. Lack of tools to actually do the job. Chances are you will not be doing what you signed up to do.

Interview Questions

• Q: Can you do the job...without accommodation??   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offer a pay, there is not negotiation if there was they would not hire you.

Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office.

Interview

Very long short answer questions to test your personality for the first stage. There are 6 questions. Each question requires 50-150 words answer. The recommended time for completion if 25-30min, but it took me longer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office in March 2020.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly fast. Heard back to interview a few weeks after application. The interview is through an online platform. Interviewee is given prompts and stuff then given a certain time to give a response before moving to the next question.

Interview Questions

• What technology do you use that makes you ideal for this position?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office.

Interview

I had a phone interview, which was very professional and not too difficult. Probably went for around 20 minutes. It was not long after the interview that I received an email with the outcome.

EL1 Business Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Brisbane) in November 2019.

Interview

Took about 6 weeks from application to interview process. Interview was scheduled as a video conference at the ATO offices with one local person and one remote. The video conference wasn’t working at this interview so we did a phone interview. Two hiring managers did the interview. I was escorted in the building by an EA (very secure). She told me it is hard to get an interview so I did well. There were 3 multi-part questions about 10 mins long each. Ran out of time to ask all my questions.

Interview Questions

• What does strategic leadership look like and give examples of this. STAR format.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a strategic project. What was your role, your team, manager, how did you go about it and what were the results.   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Brisbane) in November 2019.

Interview

There was a phone interview first, then a physical meeting in a panel discussion setting. Two staff in person, one staff via teleconference. All asking subject specific questions directly relating to UX skills and service delivery

Interview Questions

• If there was a customer who had a problematic experience with the system, how would you go about solving it?   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Interview

In tray exercise about general work scenarios, standard behavioural questions, standard aptitude tests, standard digital interview that goes for about 20 minutes, Assessment Centre was well run, fellow candidates were great

Tax Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Brisbane) in July 2019.

Interview

Very tedious and drawn out process, I had a panel interview with three very unfriendly staff. They obviously don’t want people from the private sector because it is geared towards those already in government. Very disgusted overall.

Graduate Analytics Stream Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Sydney) in July 2019.

Interview

Online and face-to-face group interviews conducted by recruitment agency employee who has no idea of the job requirements nor ability to properly assess skills required. Zero relevant questions asked/tested and interview process only focused on soft skills.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the ATO?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.