Australian Taxation Office Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Australian Taxation Office Interview Questions

Interviews at Australian Taxation Office

3.1

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office.

Interview

The first step to the application process was to complete an online application and completing a general skills testing quiz. Candidates may then be invited to take a computer quiz in the office. Interview conducted by a panel of three: one HR manager, one business line manager and a recent graduate.

Interview Questions

• Which types of taxes are administered by the ATO?   1 Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Adelaide

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Adelaide) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview was around twenty minutes long. There were lots of people waiting in the foyer and more than one room with different ATO staff interviewing. They asked some basic questions about computer functions and some situation based questions. I think they were looking for the STAR model. That is situation, task, action, result. The interview was very relaxed and the staff were nice although I felt like they were all just going through the motions. It was a very bureaucratic process.

Interview Questions

• What are two ways to copy text in Microsoft word and paste it in another document?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Brisbane) in July 2017.

Interview

A long involved process. Well managed. Included an online application, online pschometric testing, a video interview and an assessment centre which included a behavioural interview, a written activity and a group task. Friendly competent interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you received unexpected criticism in the workplace. How did you respond to this situation?   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Interview

Assessment Centre included three parts: a behavioural interview, a written activity and a group task. Interviewers were friendly and were very supportive in helping you to give the best possible answers. Written activity and group task offered insights into the broader organisation and opportunities to ask general questions were offered.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Sydney) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was typical of most graduate positions. It involved a multiple choice questionnaire, an online cognitive test, an online video interview, an assessment center and finally an offer. The assessment center consisted of three stages conduct over the course of three hours. A written exercise, a group activity and a face-to-face interview.

Overall my interview experience with the ATO was professional and although it involved a lot of waiting at times, it was never longer than how long they predicated processing the applications would take.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you made a mistake and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Melbourne) in July 2016.

Interview

Online application; work preference questionnaire; online testing; video interview; 3 hr assessment centre comprised of :
    1. Writing task: You sit at a computer and have to write something basic in response to a prompt. I only wrote about two paragraphs and it was not complete. It looks like they just want to see if you can write comprehensible English.

2. Interview: This was with a person from an external recruitment company who helps with their graduate programme recruitment plus a grad programme officer from the ATO. It is your standard interview style with behavioral questions which you need to answer in the STAR format.

3. A group activity: Again, one person from the recruitment company and one ATO person. You are placed in a group of about 3 or 4 people. They give you a scenario and each person is given a persona and the interests of each persona. You are supposed to negotiate and come up with a list of priorities based on the scenario. Then you present your list with reasons.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you successfully worked with someone from a different background?   Answer Question
    • Name something that you recently saw or heard about the ATO and why did it interest you?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for the ATO?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Sydney) in June 2013.

Interview

5 Screening Stages. The first few stages comprised of online testing such as SHL and graduate talent screeners. The final stage consisted of a long interview with the graduate managers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went beyond what is required of you to complete a task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Brisbane) in June 2011.

Interview

The recruitment process was drawn out and tedious. Alot of waiting in between contact. However i did make it thought online testing, to the final interview stage and even had my referees checked. the interview consisted on a 30 min talk with 2 managers who asked behavioural questions. they mentioned that they prefered answers in the STAR format - situation, task, action, result. after the interview i was then taken to a room with 2 other grads and we completed online testing individually. this consisted of maths / numerical, and a business case study where you had to read over an article and answer questions.

Interview Questions

• I was put off by the STAR response. And was not ready to give my answers like that. My advice would be practice behavioural questions using this format   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Sydney).

Interview

Initially I was asked to complete the standard psychometric test. Then invited to a 2 on 1 interview where I met with the grad recruiter and a grad from the previous year. They asked a lot of questions to test your knowledge on the Australian Taxation system, then afterwards you are required to sit a series of computer tests to assess your analytical skills and problem solving skills.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Sydney) in May 2011.

Interview

Interview process consisted of an assessment centre which included two tests (one general and one stream specific) and a 3:1 face to face interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not negotiable

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.