Australian Taxation Office Interview Questions

Updated 17 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 59 of over 59 interviews

In Person6%
Recruitment Agency6%
HardAverageEasy

Australian Taxation Office

Application

I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office

Interview

There is a script to follow with key words they are looking for. Also, it is very process based. You have to walk them through your experiences from first principles.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us your experience with analysis and offering advice on strategy for compliance.
    Answer Question

Australian Taxation Office

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office

Interview

a standard cover letter plus resume application, followed by an online interview of pre recorded questions which you have multiple attempts to answer. afterwards a representative gets in contact with you if you are successful

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Sydney) in Apr 2021

Interview

First phase consisted of five behavioural questions in the format of a text conversation, each response was 150-200 words. Second phase is an online assessment. Third phase is an interview and a group activity, both online.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you took an alternative approach to solving a problem.

Australian Taxation Office

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office in Apr 2021

Interview

Decent enough, typical of larger organisation. Not difficult in any ways outside of the usual waiting for a response at each stage. Online process was easy enough and I had no issues.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Australian Taxation Office

Application

I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office

Interview

-I was given plenty of time to take notes and answer each behavioural question -I was told that I would go into the merit pool if found competitive -I felt comfortable with the two friendly interviewers -I was provided lots of information to prepare for the online interview beforehand

Interview Questions
  • Please provide an example of successful message delivery to the audience. What factors did you consider when conveying messages to the intended audience?
  • Tell us a time when you have recognised opportunities for improvements. What steps did you take to progress the idea(s) towards implementation?
  • Tell us a time when you have made an important decision. What measure did you take? How did you arrive at the decision?
3 people found this interview helpful

Australian Taxation Office

Application

I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office

Interview

The interview process was quite lengthy, as is to be expected of government departments/agencies. I first had to upload my resume and then immediately complete a PredictiveHire online text interview. Afterwards, I had to complete an in-tray assessment. Finally, I attended an Assessment Centre, which involved doing a presentation and having an interview with a recruiter and an ATO staff member.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you had to try and get someone to see your point of view.

Australian Taxation Office

Application

I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office

Interview

Great process. Very organized and much more user friendly than the interview process at the Big 4 Accounting Firms , right up to the feedback and the updates you receive while waiting for a result.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Adelaide) in Jul 2020

Interview

It was a process that was both friendly and smooth. I was able to think over the questions asked and answered them to the best of my knowledge. The interviewers were very approachable and friendly.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Where can you see yourself 5 years from now?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Sydney) in Jul 2020

Interview

Slow process. 2 months from application to interview. 4 months from interview to offer. By the time I received an offer, I had already accepted another position. The recruitment process should be faster.

Interview Questions
  • 3 questions in total. Mainly behavioral.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Brisbane) in Jun 2020

Interview

They send you a link to do which ask you behavioural questions, and after you have to do a test which is simple. Then presentation needs to be prepared before hand and presented at the day of the interview. After you do the presentation, they ask you questions on the presentation. When the presentation part is finished, you move to the behavioural interview where they ask you 4 questions.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do when you received a criticism from a team mate? Interview was just 4 behavioural type questions (ILAC).
Viewing 1 - 10 of 59 Interviews