Avaya Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Avaya Interview Questions

Interviews at Avaya

2.9

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avaya (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

Got in touch via recruiter. Pretty straight forward interview. Took about 2 days between 5-6 people. Questions were easy. Didn't get the job since i was told that there were looking for someone with more experience.

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avaya (Westminster, CO (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person interview. Interview with multiple people in different groups.

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avaya (Westminster, CO (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

I gave my resume to the recruiter at my university's career fair and chatted for a bit. He scheduled an interview for the following morning. The interview went well. He told me about the positions available at Avaya and asked what my interests were in a position. A few days later, I received a call that they would like to fly me down for an on-site interview as soon as possible. I accepted and scheduled for the following Monday.

The on-site interview consisted of a full day of 6-8 interviews with various engineers and managers and included a break for lunch. Everyone was very nice and knowledgeable. By the end of the day, my recruiter came back to tell me that they would be sending me an offer by the end of the week. They wanted to know in which department I would like to work. I felt very valued and desired.

Within a week, I received their offer (and it was very nice). I accepted and have no regrets!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avaya (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

the whole process took within a day. it was pretty quick and fast. All the questions were straight forward. like how and why do we use pagination in hibernate??

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview with the hiring manager first telling me about all the groups that were looking to hire, what they do. This was an interview to see where I would fit with my skills and my preferences and which groups I would be interested in. Then after the phone interview, had on-site interview for the entire day where I met up with the individual groups that were mentioned over the phone and talked to them in depth about what they do, my work/project experience, and any questions about the group I had. Again, to see if I was a fit for their group and if their group was a fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral type questions. Talking about things from my resume. Getting to know me as a person and my skill set.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avaya (Denver, CO (US)) in January 2009.

Interview

Testing and interviewdid not have any

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They have fixed amounts they pay per title

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Thornton, CO (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a manager + one of the team members. I was mostly asked behavioral questions about my past experience and my interests. Then, I was called in to the on-site interview. I was given a tour of the building and got taken out to lunch with the manager and two of the team members. After lunch, I had 3 technical interviews of 45 minutes each where I was asked to describe my past school/work projects and the kind of technology I used. Each interviewer wanted to see how I would fit in the team based on my interests and skills. After a few days, I got a call and an email saying i was accepted.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach a problem? Do you dive into the code right away? If not, how do you prepare yourself?   Answer Question
    • What programming languages are you most familiar with? Are you able to learn a new programming language on the fly if need be?   Answer Question
    • How good are you when it comes to automation/scripts? Linux/Unix Administration duties?   Answer Question

Software Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Met with team of Software Specialist Managers for a group interview where they asked a series of questions related to my experience, technical and other experience. The questions were fairly routine interview questions with no surprises. It appeared the main goal was to determine if the candidate would be technically able to handle the tasks and be a team player.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult work situation and how you handled it   Answer Question

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avaya (Westminster, CO (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

It was Relatively easy.There were no technical questions at all. There are some overall behavior questions, but no coding questions. It took one day, with three different develops/managers, all of them are pretty easy.

SSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Avaya (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

It was a new created job so they took my input on job and we draw out a plan for the job. I liked the Manager at the time. He was a good listener.

Interview Questions

• What would be your escalation path?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.