BMC Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

BMC Software Interview Questions

Interviews at BMC Software

Commissions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BMC Software (Houston, TX (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

very simple and rushed. Did a phone screening with a recruiter. Then a phone interview with the manager... No face to face. Offer was made the same day as phone interview and I started two weeks later

Interview Questions

• describe your modeling, why are you leaving etc. All basic   Answer Question

Contract Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMC Software.

Interview

2 interviews - onsite and then phone. Since the team was in Houston the onsite was with people there as well as video con call. then a follow up with the director via phone.

Negotiation

fairy easy

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMC Software.

Interview

Campus selection, written skill test and 3 rounds of face to face.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMC Software in November 2014.

Interview

A recruiter messaged me in LinkedIn and set up a phone interview with one of the senior machine learning engineers at BMC. He was in India and hence the call was over skype. He asked a lot of technical questions on machine learning techniques. The questions also included some basic CS questions involving trees. He asked me how do I solve IT change management process using any machine learning algorithm. It was a classic example of a text mining method.

Interview Questions

• How to automate IT change management using Machine Learning techniques?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMC Software in September 2018.

Interview

First interview passed the exam.
    Second interview, the interviewer didn’t show up 😳
    I let my recruiter know that was not professional, they called and apologized.
    My worst experience was during the third interview:
    1. One of the interviewers, was sitting far from the phone that I had to mention I can not hear him so he came next to the phone , Seriously!!!
    2. I solved the algorithm challenge in couple of ways, but one of the interviewers kept asking for another solution that he had in his mind
    3. Very un-professional way of asking questions and using words like do you understand...
    4. Didn’t ask if I have any questions at the end of the interview

Overall interview experience: NEGATIVE

SQA Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at BMC Software (San Jose, CA (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

Recruiter called me and set up a phone interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BMC Software (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2009.

Interview

I was already working there on 1099 and hence there wasn't much of an interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMC Software (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I first received a basic get to know you call. The process took around 15 minutes but the interviewer seem to be in a hurry to finish up the phone call. The interviewer wanted to make sure you knew exactly what BMC does, who they do business with, their previous 10-K, product pillars, and etc. They did not state what exactly an intern role would entail with their company nor did they allow the possibility for questions, considering he/she was in a hurry to finish up the phone call. Overall the experience was ordinary but I would of appreciated a little more enthusiasm from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

Interview

Hired through college campus. Interview questions were not too difficult. Asked to show technical skills in programming, database and problem solving. Tested me on pressing scenarios to see how I can manage stressful work with key customers.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer situation where customer is unhappy and does not want to listen to anyone for fixing their problem?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMC Software (Houston, TX (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

This was an employee referral. I landed a phone interview with the hiring manager the first week after submitting my resume via another employee. A week later, I had an on-site interview with 4 employees that the position would be working with. The last round involved interviewing with the director which gave the team her blessing.

Interview Questions

• General questions around work experience, skills, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.