Banana Republic Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Banana Republic Interview Questions

Updated 17 Jan 2018

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Wayne, NJ (US)).

Interview

I was interviewed with one other interviewee. We were asked questions about our personality, availability, and work experience. We were given a task to pick out a vacation outfit for the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What does fashion mean to you?   1 Answer

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Group interview--makes it a bit easier as you can feed off of others answers. There was a portion where you had to style an outfit for a certain occasion which was fun and allowed us to be creative

Interview Questions

• When at a party, are you more of a wallflower, or do you go around and talk to everyone?   Answer Question

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Houston, TX (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Quick process. Applied just ahead of the holidays online. Got called back 3-4 days later to schedule an in store interview. Intrview was about 3-4 questions and a role play on the floor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to make someone feel special.   1 Answer
    • What gets you excited in the morning?   1 Answer

Seasonal Brand Ambassador At the Grove In LA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Huge group maybe 12 of us. Had to design an outfit based on different scenarios (interview at design firm, first date, etc.). After that they took us to another location to ask us generic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Who do we consider to be the top competitor for Banana Republic?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Edina, MN (US)).

Interview

One interview, easy and fun. Was asked questions, I answered them. Very basic and what you would expect from a Banana Republic interview. One interview, easy and fun. Was asked questions, I answered them. Very basic and what you would expect from a Banana Republic interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

They ask you to put together an outfit for a man and a woman based on a circumstance the hiring manager will give you. Afterward, they ask you to explain the outfit

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highland Village, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Highland Village, TX (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Well, it was a group interview. Just me and one other girl. She asked a few basic Interview questions like “Why Banana Republic?” And “Name a time when you were corrected and how did you take it?” Very easy. Come prepared to put a head to toe outfit together. They want a three piece look. The manager who interviewed us role played and told us that she was 21 and going out on a first date with someone and wanted us to put together and outfit for her and afterwards bring the outfit to her and try to sell it to her. So I brought a really pretty maxi dress, heels, earrings, and a jean jacket! She called me back an hour later and told me I got the job. There was no second interview.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Vernon Hills, IL (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Very casual and straightforward. Process went by quickly, whole process from application to hire was 2 weeks. Came across more as a conversation than an interview. Managers came across friendly and seemed to work together frequently, always on the same page.

Interview Questions

• What retail experience do you have?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

It was a very simple process. I applied online and then got a call notifying me that they wanted me to come into the store and interview. Got offered the job at the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Managers were friendly, knowledgeable about the brand and company and it's employee's. They are concerned that one be happy when working for the company. Management willing and ready to bring an employee on board.

Interview Questions

• What is my style approach to working in retail.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.