BigCommerce Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at BigCommerce

2.9

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BigCommerce (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

I had a first round screening phone call with a recruiter and a second round Google Hangout with the hiring manager. The recruiter personally called me and gave me feedback on why I was not moving forward the day after my second round, which was incredible and so rare with today’s hiring climate.

Developer Documentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BigCommerce (Austin, TX (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

The interview process was quite extensive. I went through an initial phone screening, a technical exam, and a 4-hour interview with the team and product manager. They really wanted to determine if you could fit within their culture first and then looked to your technical skills.

Interview Questions

• What is your documentation process?   1 Answer

Data Solultions Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BigCommerce in May 2020.

Interview

1. Interview call with hiring manager for 30 mins, nothing major felt like they where just going through the motions.
    2. Second call setup with the two people that report to the manager. Again no real questions just going through the motions.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BigCommerce (Austin, TX (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

After simple phone interview you will be scheduled a google hangouts interview with a tech lead and manager. They will get a good understanding of your personality and get an idea of how it is to work with you. To see if you’re a good fit in the culture. They’ll ask for life goals and will ask to see if you know some terms like DNS and to explain them. Then you will be asked to troubleshoot something they broke on the site and you’ll have about 6 minutes. You don’t necessarily have to solve it but you should show that you know how to research and find solutions.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BigCommerce (Austin, TX (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

You receive an email to setup your 15min phone screen with the recruiter. Once you get on the phone they will ask you questions related to the position, including initial compensation and job responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• What support experience do you have? What technical support experience do you have?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BigCommerce (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The overall interview process took about 4 weeks from first interview to offer. As someone who has been in the executive support role for over 15 years, I understand the need to ensure a good fit. That being said, the length and the depth of the interview process wasn't a problem for me at all.

The hiring manager kept me informed every step of the way and was incredibly gracious when an interview needed to be rescheduled or pushed. Again, this is to be expected when you're supporting an executive leadership team.

I interviewed with roughly 12 people throughout the process and every single one was professional, engaging and open about the rewards and challenges of the role. Having been unemployed for 6 months prior and been on multiple interviews at other companies, this was a refreshing change of pace.

I couldn't have asked for a better interview experience and I'm incredibly lucky to have landed at BC with such a great group of leaders!

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BigCommerce.

Interview

It was over the phone and was very impersonal and made out to be a sales pitch . I answered the questions that were asked about the company and my past experience, and was told about how great that it would be working for BC.

Interview Questions

• What salary I was looking for   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BigCommerce.

Interview

I immediately thought I fit the role well. It seems the company had a bit of a preference to a certain type of skill set they were looking for, because lots of the questions asked in the interviews did not pertain to the role description. I made it through 5 rounds of interviews and ended up not hearing a response back at all. Very discouraging to go so far into a process and not hear back.

Interview Questions

• Would you be okay with working more than 40 hours one week?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BigCommerce (Austin, TX (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Phone Screen: A recruiter called me about a week or so after applying online. This was a high level conversation and we discussed the next steps in the process

First Interview: This was a Zoom meeting with the hiring manager. We had an in-depth conversation about his team, his expectations of the role, and we discussed my background a bit. This conversation lasted 30-45 minutes.

Second Interview: This was another Zoom meeting with the hiring manager's manager. Before this meeting, the recruiter arranged time to help me prepare for this interview. She recommended that I do some research on the SaaS pricing model. Ultimately I was presented with some conceptual thinking questions about that very topic. This wasn't incredibly difficult but required some on the spot thinking. The interviewer gave me some positive feedback and allotted some time for me to ask him questions. He mentioned that my next step would likely require flying to Austin for an in-person interview.

Third Interview: The third interview was a phone interview with the hiring manager's grand manager. I expected this to be the last gate prior to an in-person interview, but it was a quick "So do you want this job?" type of conversation and he gave me a verbal offer. The offer was fair and in the middle of my range. The benefits package was reasonable and they offered relocation assistance.

I turned down the offer primarily because I had another offer on the table. But I was also disappointed to not be able to see the office prior to accepting the position. This would have required a relocation across the country and I would have liked an opportunity to visit the office and meet the hiring manager and his team in person.

The recruiters at BigCommerce are great. Incredibly helpful and very quick to keep me updated throughout the process.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BigCommerce (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

Recruiter phone screen. Video interview. 2 hour in person interview. Then you get strung along by the recruiter with promises to have updates for you for over a month until she eventually just starts completely ignoring all emails. Extremely unprofessional and disrespectful to applicants and their time. Wouldn’t waste your time applying here.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.