British Red Cross Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

British Red Cross Interview Questions

Interviews at British Red Cross

2.7

Refuge Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British Red Cross.

Interview

An interview and a written test. Questions were pretty generic and scored on a points based system. The written part was scenario-based answering questions about how you would respond to a situation that would typically arise in the job

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard foreperson panel with generic competency questions   Answer Question

Admin Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at British Red Cross.

Interview

Online application, broken down into easy sections - the personal statement can be pretty time consuming. Interview was given quickly and told of results straight away. Interview panel were friendly

Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paisley, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British Red Cross (Paisley, Scotland (UK)) in January 2020.

Interview

I was contacted very quickly after the closing date and invited along to an interview which consisted of a presentation and competency questions. The interview slot was for one hour but took an hour and a half in total.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of our current marketing campaigns?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you managed various deadlines and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at British Red Cross (Cambridge, England (UK)) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview lasted one hour and was conducted by the shop manager and recruitment manager. They were great! They made me feel really comfortable and welcome. They had my CV and cover letter in front of them with lots of notes and overall they were really well prepared and organised. They didn't ask any generic questions (which I really don't like) and basically asked follow-up questions about things I mentioned in the application. About 30m of the interview consisted of hypothetical scenarios type questions. They test your personality, experience and common sense.

I didn't get the job and asked for feedback. They replied rather quickly and were very kind. I didn't have enough sales experience in their view so they suggested volunteering with them and then applying again if possible.

I would definitely recommend applying for a job with the British Red Cross! I was really impressed with the people and the process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to increase sales if you think you won't be able to meet next week's target?   Answer Question
    • Two volunteers are arguing in the back room and the clients can hear them. What would you do?   Answer Question

Refugee Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British Red Cross (London, England (UK)) in September 2019.

Interview

The recruiters contacted me by email to set up for an interview which took place over the phone. The panel was constituted of 3 members: HR and Manager. They asked questions one by one.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to introduce myself and explain why I was interested in the position.
      Some technical questions related to case management, staff management and managing a budget. They asked about my capacity in working under pressure, prioratising and dealing with emergencies.   Answer Question

Support Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British Red Cross.

Interview

Contacted by letter to invite me to interview. On the day interviewed by a panel of two. A Line Manager and a Manager. Quite informal as they wanted to get to see the 'real' me and not 'interview' me!

Interview Questions

• What did I know about the Red Cross and it's history   1 Answer

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at British Red Cross (Manchester, England (UK)) in July 2019.

Interview

Offered interview, call to book appointment, interview took place within a week.
    Nice, airy and clean big conference room, sat opposite two team leaders (male and female).

I actually googled in advance the type of questions id be asked, and a lot said there was plenty opportunities to use the STAR technique, which there definitely was, I found this really hard because of my memory so I know this is where I let myself down. I prefer to be asked how to tackle an issue refer than reflect back... BUT the interviewees was so friendly, if you can nail down some solid STAR examples you will give yourself a better chance.

This was my first interview in few years from being off sick but I definitely had worse interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how I've handled conflicting views with a colleague?   Answer Question
    • Give an example a time you've given excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • There was a question where you had the opportunity to tell them more about yourself, as in outside of work things you like to do in your spare time.   Answer Question

Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British Red Cross.

Interview

Application made over the internet through the Red Cross job website. Interview with two staff members including the Service Manager, competency-based with plenty of opportunities to use the STAR technique.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for the British Red Cross?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British Red Cross in January 2019.

Interview

Two managers and myself were in the room, lots of questions written on a sheet that they asked you and you had to answer. Some of the questions were hard and took me a few moments to gather my thoughts, they were really friendly and said take your time.

Interview Questions

• How would you increase sales?
      Can you think of a time where you were faced with a challenge and how you resolved it?
      How would you handle abuse?   Answer Question

Community Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British Red Cross (Dundee, Scotland (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

I had no background in care so they asked me some basic interview questions and a fairly straightforward handful of safety questions regarding how to deal with vulnerable users. There were the usual strengths and weaknesses questions and they asked whether I had transferable skills that are relevant to the roll.

Interview Questions

• If a service user asks you to add them on Facebook what do you do?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.