Bunnings Warehouse Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Bunnings Warehouse Interview Questions

Interviews at Bunnings Warehouse

2.6

NONE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Belmont, WA (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied for a job at a new store and was given a phone interview, the guy asked me a few questions along the lines of "What skills or hobbies do you have that you feel will be of use in an area at Bunnings?" so basically if you enjoy woodwork or something you'd mention that or if you grow plants you might be suited to the horticulture section you could also say you love socializing I suppose which would make you well suited to talk to customers or work the registers. He also asked "Why do you want to work at bunnings?" and "why do you think you are right for the job?" and he also asked when I'm available and if I have any other jobs. Keep in mind they did say they would record answers, I assume they would come up in the one on one interviews so you'd best remember your answers, I never made it that far because I cancelled my group interview because I was offered another job before it happened :)

Interview Questions

• Probably when he asked what hobbies or skills do I have that could be applied to an area of the store, once the interview was over I thought of a lot more than the one example I gave but it was obviously enough to get me through to the group interview so I'm pleased.   1 Answer

I was offered another job at a different company before the second interview

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse.

Interview

Management had arranged a phone interview with me, asking simply questions inregards to my experiences and interests in the company.
    A face-to-face interview was next where 2 of managers asked me basic hiring questions, in regards to my work history, what' the most helpful thing I have done...
    Third stage was the group interview where we were split up into smaller groups and had to do some role play, as well as do a small presentation on a random product where we then had to try and sell.

Interview Questions

• What's the most helpful thing you have done for a customer?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Melbourne).

Interview

There was a job opening so a friend who worked there passed on my resume. Had a phone interview within a week (basic interview questions) and then I proceeded onto the group interview. Got a call within another week saying I was successful and asked for a one-on-one interview. Was interviewed by 1 person and the other was taking notes - turns out the one taking notes was the store manager, would have been nice to been told! This didn't affect the interview, got the job, had induction for 2 days (paid for & lunch provided) and started the job within 3 weeks!

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Welshpool

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Welshpool) in August 2012.

Interview

standard interview questions around C#, Asp.net, build server, continuously integration, unit tests etc. behaviour questions as well, took about 1 hour. Managers and TL conducted the interview, both are very nice.

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuggerah

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Tuggerah) in January 2018.

Interview

was a laid back interview, very quick and straight to the point, don't lose time going around the topic they ask try to answer the question in the most time efficient possible, remember you only have 10-15 min. Make sure the tone of your voice is friendly, clear and positive, that's all you got over the phone, "don't use slang" and address question fluently.
    All the question that they possibly ask are already mentioned earlier in the blog, but they might ask specific questions related to the position you're applied to.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience in warehouse?   2 Answers

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Melbourne).

Interview

It's a 3 stage interview. Phone interview then a group interview and lastly there is a 1 on 1 interview. Not too difficult just need to confident and try and lead the group in the group interview stage

Interview Questions

• In any of your previous jobs tell us of any issues that happened and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torquay, Victoria

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Torquay, Victoria) in June 2018.

Interview

Very lengthy and thorough, 3 rounds. Phone interview, Group Interview, 2 on 1 interview and final is the coffee with the boss. Group interviews are very interactive and activity based.

Shop Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse in March 2018.

Interview

There are 3 steps to the interview process;

- The phone interview where they ask basic questions about previous work experience (what was one situation that went well in your previous job?, what went wrong?, have you ever had issues with any of your coworkers?, etc.) and the also confirm details such as name, email and whether you want to work part time, full time, or casual. This is a very easygoing interview, so just be calm and answer as naturally as possible.
    - The group interview is held at one of the Bunnings stores in the team room. Here they ask the group to describe their past experiences and what they plan to do in the future. Then they have a bit of a silly question such as, who is your favorite superhero, cartoon character, etc. After that they have you watch a safety video and explain what went right/wrong as a group. This is fairly easy, just make sure everyone at your table gets a fair turn to pitch in. The next activity is to create a product for Bunnings using craft items like plastic plates and pipe cleaners, and “sell it” make sure you try to anticipate any issues there might be with the product and have an answer is anyone asks, but if not, then just accept the criticism gracefully and with a bit of humor. The group interview is mainly to see your personality and they’ve seen so many people that it’s best just to be yourself, rather than trying to be perfect because that’s not what they want.
    - The 2 on 1 interview is 2 Bunnings team members and you. (Thought I’d point this out because it confused me a bit at first.) This interview is just a question and answer type of thing. They will once again ask about your previous experience but with more of a focus on customer service and how to give the best experience. Speak as plainly and honestly as possible, and let them know that you’re willing to learn. They will also ask where you would want to be placed in Bunnings (Paint, electrical, plumbing, nursery, etc.) This may not be where you end up but it will give them an idea of your interests.

Interview Questions

• Could you describe an experience with a customer (that went right or wrong) and the steps you took to make sure they had the best customer service?   1 Answer

Shop Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Quick interview kept being interrupted by phone calls on the internal phone, Was semi professional. Had to wait in the staff room with current staff which gave me the chance to get to know what it was like for the current staff.

Distribution Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Melbourne) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I then received a call out of the blue, asking for a phone interview. I agreed and the interview lasted about 10 minutes. The lady read some statements about Bunnings and then proceeded to say that you can work in hot/cold conditions, because of this, do you have any limitations? She then asked the questions that I've listed in the interview questions. It was a really casual chat and at the end I was told that I'll be sent an email with a time to book the group interview.

I am now up to the group interview stage.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.