CSC Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 11 Jul 2018
1,089 Interview Reviews

2.7

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Falls Church, VA (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

Began with telephone screen by recruiter, 20 minutes of discussions about career aspirations and reasons for leaving current position, followed up in 2 weeks with in-person interview with 2 managers of consulting organization, about 40 minutes a piece. Was surprised that interview did not include a lot of discussion of my background and experience nor any discussion of job expectations and requirements, conversation mostly about nature of consulting market, competitive differentiators of CSC, and evolution of CSC consulting group. I was asked for my questions at multiple times (make sure you have some questions available). Office was typical business, small closed-door offices for managers, cubes for most of the rank/file, it seemed that most staff were off-site (as you would expect serving clients). Was told to wait for position to become available (we don't hire for bench)

Interview Questions

• Describe your niche: strategy or HC or business transformation or project management or IT implementation   1 Answer

Configuration Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CSC (Pensacola, FL (US)).

Interview

Typical behavioral based interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary, didn't really give detail regarding benefits or time off policies when asked.

Computer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CSC in May 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by 3 people over the phone in a confrence call type setting. They recorded my responsed. Each person asked 3 questions each. The first asked about why they should hire me, and about making mistakes, and finnaly how I deal with stess. A second interviewer asked me about linux commands. Then the last guy asked me If I had questions, so I asked my prepared questions.

Interview Questions

• Probably the Linux ones, I didnt expect them at all. Basic stuff, how to change directory, how to find the netconfig.   1 Answer

Computer Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CSC in July 2011.

Interview

It has been several years since this occurred. I met with the Director who spent approximately an hour reviewing my resume, asking specific questions concerning my experience. We discussed my education, the length of time that I remained at previous employer (12 years), what the specific position entailed, vacation benefits (negotiated up), and start date. It was a very pleasant experience and I enjoyed the interview.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions were asked. Very standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you have 3 or 4 weeks of vacation at your current employer, ask for the same.

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

Hires you without even seeing you to work for someone who doesn't care one bit about you, and doesn't help you or train you for fear of losing his job since they are constantly outsourcing jobs.

Contract Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rensselaer, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CSC (Rensselaer, NY (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

Was led into small conference room by executive secretary. Two Software developers asked technical questions for about one hour. Asked detailed questions about technologies I have not worked with in the past 3 or more years. They were looking for how I reasoned. They left the room, the Executive secretary escorted me from the building.

Interview Questions

• Asked detailed technical questions about technologies I worked with over 3 years ago.   Answer Question

Was not interviewed by management. When I asked how management was to work with interviewers responded positively but avoided answering the question.

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CSC (Rockville, MD (US)) in March 2008.

Interview

The position was for full-time on-site with government client, so the interview process included their management on the panel.

First, two phone interviews, mostly personality-based, getting to know fit. Third was the on-site with the panel. Mostly get-to-know questions, background, "what are your ideas for this position/where do you see yourself growing and how do you see yourself fitting in here?" Final was face-to-face with two upper management on client side, comparing on-the-job requirements to anything I might have done similarly in the past. Also, some creative theoretical questions which were not directly related to the job, such as "Do you think the UN Secretary General has any real power, or is it a puppet role?"

Finally, back to CSC HQ a few days later to seal the deal and agree on salary. I gave them a range I was expecting, and to their credit, they did not automatically take the lowest they could offer: they went with the 33% of the range I offered. The internal CSC management I have talked to in the North American Public Sector are largely genuine people who make decisions based on longevity and in order to cultivate a positive morale. They advocate as much and as varied training as we could hope for, and offer an amazing $15,000 per year in educational reimbursements which only requires 12 mos of continuous work for CSC after last reimbursement. They can do this because they know this kind of opportunity increases value and loyalty, and that they are large enough to place us on any career path we seem to be growing towards.

The in-position raises are fairly small, but making full use of the benefits is more than enough to compensate. If you are unhappy, program managers would rather lose you on their contract but keep you in CSC for the greater good, so they take the hit and look out for opportunities suited to individuals skills and desires.

CSC is a solid company by any measurement, and is in the midst of re-branding itself. Internal resources are being cleaned up and widened for the benefit of employees.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel that the Secretary General of the UN has any real power, or is merely a puppet?   Answer Question
    • As we expand our following of the ITIL framework, what roles do you see yourself filling?   Answer Question

Negotiation

CSC was giving me a chance at a higher position when I was coming from a different background. Nonetheless, after carefully reviewing what was asked for in the role, we had a very gentlemanly and brief negotiation. I told them my initial range for a position of this type, and was pleasantly surprised to find they had gone above the minimum I required. This was foreshadowing of most gestures. The company has always been very giving and conscientious.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSC.

Interview

CSC hired me from CAMPUS interview .First Written test ,Second round technical Interview and finally HR round

Interview Questions

Interview

Basic question on computer programming and logic building with stress on SQL queries and operating system concepts. You must know one language efficiently to code. Develop the ability ot generate sudo code.

Associate Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Coventry, CT (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Got a call from a company recruiter who had seen my resume online. Another recruiter emailed me the details. (date, time, hiring manger's name)
    Had a ten minute phone screen with a hiring manager. Asked about what I did at my last job. Was told I would hear from them the next week about a in person second interview. Two weeks later after I had sent a follow up call and email to the recruiter, I got an email rejecting my application.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.