Cargill Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Cargill

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Operations Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cargill (Champaign, IL (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

I submitted my application through Handshake and received a call a couple of days before an on-campus career fair in which they were attending. They have reviewed my resume and sought me out for an in-person interview. After the in-person interview, it took roughly a month to hear back about receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a quick decision   4 Answers

Associate Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cargill in June 2020.

Interview

It was a typical hiring process with a phone screening, and then behavioral questions with another buyer and the general supervisor. The next step would have been an on-site interview with the category lead that the buyer would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to deal with a "customer" demanding something you perceived to be as unreasonable.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had to use creativity to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had to challenge someone in a position of higher authority.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cargill (Nashville, TN (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

The interview process was simple and well orchestrated. What was disappointing was the lack of communication and humanity after the interview. HR is an area where those two things should never be neglected. In times like these it is important to add extra kindness in all that we do. I interviewed with the hiring manager and after finding out I did not get the job, I kindly requested any feedback the team was able to provide so that I could understand what led them to that decision and learn for future opportunities. I was given the automatic/generic response that they went with another candidate. I was really excited about the role and company, but ultimately was very disappointed.

Interview Questions

• It was a situational interview, so questions were based on past experiences.   Answer Question

Equine Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

The hiring manager reviewed my background and knew that I was qualified. He told me that he would push me through HR so we could speak while still following the correct procedures. HR reached out to schedule an interview and ghosted me on the interview. I later spoke with the hiring manager and he claimed that he changed his mind about the qualifications he was looking for.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

I went to Meet the Firms and then I had an interview the following week. The interview was two on one and was very casual. I was hired after the first round of interviews at my university.

Interview Questions

• What do you kind of challenges do you foresee our industry facing?   Answer Question

Elevator Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pipestone, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Pipestone, MN (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

You are first contacted by a recruiter who asks you pretty simple questions, after that you interview with the management team at the location. I felt very welcomed and valued already during the interview like I mattered.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

1;1 interview with Plant Manager, after submitting an application to their company website. Got a job offer and then had to submit to a physical, drug test, and then background check in order to get the final job offer.

Technology and Security Risk Services Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkins, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cargill (Hopkins, MN (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Very Short interview. they had requested all information before the interview as most hiring managers do. the interview was very brief and only a few questions were asked most of the interview was spent talking about responsibilities of the role.

Interview Questions

• Skills that would make you an asset to the organization?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

It was a very long process from start to finish. You start with a screening over the phone. From there, you are brought in for 3 separate interviews. These interviews usually last 45 minutes each, mostly behavioral based questions. It was two weeks before they got back to offer the role.

Interview Questions

• can You tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cargill in January 2020.

Interview

The two employees that interviewed me were very nice and really loved their job. The interview process was similar to any other interview. They asked mainly behavioral / personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time you made a quick decision. What was the decision and what would you change now that you've looked back.   1 Answer

Operations Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

One 30 minute interview, followed up by two 1 hour interviews back to back. All three interviews were done over skype. After the interviews were all completed, the decision is made to fly you out to a plant tour where they will offer you the position.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to apply to Cargill over other companies?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.