Datacom Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Datacom Systems Interview Questions

Interviews at Datacom Systems

2.7

Interview

Zoom online interview 1 on 1, and a few online assesments. We also had to complete a police check since we had to deal with sentive information, especially with the Australian Taxation Office

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Datacom Systems.

Interview

Long and tedious process, I highly advise staying clear they have a high staff turnover rate. Ridiculous screening and over a two month process to receive a job offer.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Datacom Systems (Adelaide) in September 2020.

Interview

Very quick, steps to it; get sent an email to complete an assessment then have to complete an online application form that you are sent vial email once finished you may be asked to attend an interview - mine was online due to COVID. If you pass the interview round you are asked to complete a police check and they call references.

Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, Wellington (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Datacom Systems (Wellington, Wellington (New Zealand)) in August 2020.

Interview

You first register on their website, providing CV, cover letter, academic transcript, and photo.

If you pass this initial stage, you will get an email from the recruiter to do a one-way video interview. This involves filming yourself answering the questions that show up on their web app.

If you pass this second stage, you get invited for an onsite assessment at their headquarters. They will split you into groups of 5, and get you to discuss (with 2 staff watching/leading) a social/business problem as a group and then present it in front of staff (not the ones who were observing the group before).

They will then choose a small number of candidates from each group to do a final interview. This is the final stage.

In 2020, only 5 out of 25 candidates were selected at the assessment. I was not one of them.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Datacom Systems (Sydney) in August 2020.

Interview

entire process took about 3 weeks and smooth and generally a very helpful HR and friendly interviewers - very professional. I liked the way they gave feedback quickly and gave informative feedback on each interview.

Interview Questions

• majority related to design and tech questions related to troubleshooting and systems   Answer Question

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Datacom Systems (Sydney) in August 2020.

Interview

Web based interview and very standard. Interviewer seemed energetic enough and they just ran through the process with nothing standing out. Obviously get a lot of applicants so they are used to sifting through applicants really fast.

Interview Questions

• What had I heard about the company.   1 Answer

Grad Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online, submitted transcript etc. First interview was done online through video response. Interview was average in difficulty and asked Introductory questions To get to know you better and whether you will align to company.

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Datacom Systems.

Interview

I applied online and got 'Meet and greet' / group discussion invitation in 3 weeks after initial phone screening from Talent Acquisition team.

It was general briefing session about the Datacom. We were allowed to ask question between the session about Datacom and its services. After a long briefing session, two papers were handed to us. The first one was a general IT question paper and the second one was an English grammar paper. We were asked to finish both papers in just 20 minutes. The papers were super easy and you can pass those papers if you have just 1 year of industry experience. However, I believe that the examiners can fail you as the papers were so descriptive and there could be more than one answer/solution of the question. It also depends on the examiners ability / or experience to understand your answer. I was shocked when I was given a paper-based questions.

I was expecting that a technology company should prepare a proper computer-based questions with multiple choice which we can solve on the computer. And after we end the exam it should tell us on the spot that whether you are 'Passed / or Failed' for the fairness of the exam.

I would suggest that the management should introduce a computer-based exam with multiple choice answers for the service desk role. It is also a candidate's right to know the results when exam end. Please consider my request for the sake of fairness as I believe there is no fairness on the part of examiner / or whoever is checking a paper.

IT Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Datacom Systems (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in March 2020.

Interview

A group interview followed by a personal interview. In the group, an interview they gave an overview of the company and the role that was advertised. One week after that they will call for a personal interview

Interview Questions

• IT-related questions and some generic questions of the experience and scenario based   Answer Question

Interview

Phone interview leading to a group interview. Group interview had a lego building activity, role play over the phone and then an interview with hr and a team leader. Also had to do an online assessment and typing test.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.