Dow Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Dow Jones Interview Questions

Interviews at Dow Jones

2.9

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dow Jones in February 2020.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter was extremely unorganized and late for calling on the phone interview. Only reached out when I followed up to see if the recruiter was still calling me. The salary was extremely low for all the responsibilities listed. Well under market value and rate. Not worth it at all.

Interview Questions

• Are you aware this is an entry level position and it only pays $45,000 a year?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

The typical initial phone screening done by HR personnel was conducted through video recordings at Dow Jones. Through the recordings, I answered 4 -5 questions, each with a 3-min time limit. A few days later, the hiring manager called me to tell me about the next step: an assignment requiring me to design 3 - 5 product experiments. The entire assignment took me about a week, as I went above and beyond to study a course focused on Dow Jones (specifically WSJ)'s business model to understand their specific metrics better; also provided 5 detailed experiments w/ lots of technical details and research data. However, during the interview, the hiring manager was late, which can be understandable, but throughout the presentation he was also visibly distracted. A few days later, I got a standard rejection email. I emailed both the recruiter and the hiring manager requesting for some feedback, and nothing (the recruiter was friendly but unable to get feedback either; the hiring manager straight up ignored my multiple but courteous emails). Thank you Dow Jones for giving me the opportunity to review some important topics, but seriously, if you're going to ask a candidate to complete such an elaborate and time-consuming assignment, the least you can do is be attentive in a presentation and provide some feedback...

Interview Questions

• The system is down. What are the steps you'd take to troubleshoot and find out what's causing the issue?   Answer Question

Head of Consumer Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones in November 2019.

Interview

I had a great fit interview with the recruiter on the phone. She was very engaging and a great representative of the company.

The second phone interview was with the hiring manager. He was completely different and sounded rushed and annoyed. The hiring manager started the call with "So.. what lies did HR tell you about this role that I can correct?" As I when through the things that I discussed on the first call (which were also part of the job description), he interrupted with "Wrong", "Nope", and finally "At least they got that one right." He also didn't listen to questions that I asked. Example, I asked what was his goal for this role to achieve 30/60/90 days from hire. His response was "It's November, with the holidays coming, this role won't get filled until January or February. So they're not going to accomplish anything in the next 90 days!"

The recruiter followed up with a phone call (a nice touch) a month later that they were moving on.

The hiring manager clearly needs to spend quality time with the recruiting team to align on expectations of the role and candidates.

Intern Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

You submit a resume then you get called for a phone screen. You do the phone screen with someone that doesn't work at Dow Jones, then if you pass they'd send your resume to the head of a marketing department.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

Was supposed to take this 30 min phone assessment as the start of the interview process.

The woman called me and spoke so fast that over the phone it was impossible to understand her. She then hung up the phone 5 mins later, called me back after 5 mins. She talked to me for another 5 mins and then ended the interview saying they will send me a review within the next 24 hours. It never happened. It feels like they are either very unorganized or just don’t care about their applicants.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to work in a group with someone who didn’t do their part   Answer Question

Conference Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Skype The person who interviewed me was staffed at our Princeton NJ location The company was being restructured some jobs were cut Our fiscal year ends June 30th of each year The IAPE union usually negotiates through October

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in an employer   1 Answer

Insights Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dow Jones (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I only did the initial interview just to learn about my background, I decided not to continue the process because of their extremely below-market salaries. They are looking for experienced individuals in very popular fields right now, paying nearly half of what other companies are paying.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Dow Jones.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

Applied online. 4 days later got a email to do a phone interview. Day after that, got an email to do a hirevue, which is an video interview. About a week later, got a call for the final step”in person interview with 2 sips”. After that 2 days later I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What makes you qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Product Optimization Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

2-3 weeks after applying I was contacted by the recuiter for a virtual interview as the first step . I am still waiting for the result, and I will update my review.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to use data to make a decision?   1 Answer
    • What are your major pet peeves of a bad website?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

Asking technical questions and about work ethics. They go through a series of questions to see where your experiences are. Not sure if they do multiple rounds of interview, but some have and some didn't.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.