Electronic Arts Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Electronic Arts Interview Questions

Interviews at Electronic Arts

2.7

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

Overall a smooth process as HR was quick and responsive. I applied online and the entire process took roughly 2-3 weeks. The interviews themselves place an emphasis on problem solving and culture fit, as one of the rounds asked to walk through a data science project from beginning to end

Interview Questions

• Walking through a prior technical project in detail, from beginning (data collection) to end (model production)   Answer Question

Global Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

Very disorganized interview process. Applied in November 2019 for Global Audit internship, did not hear any response until late March 2020. No confirmation, no follow up. Almost 5 months of total silence from EA's part.

I was given a phone screen the following day where the recruiter was very excited about how they have made the internship remote as a result of COVID-19 concerns. She assured me that the future of the internship was safe and the remote internship had already been approved and they were planning on spending the coming months ensuring that it would be a success.

Not even 20 minutes after I completed the phone screen, I received another email from the same recruiter informing me that the internship was not approved and it was simply not practical for it to have been remote in the first place.

EA wasted my time and no doubt wasted other candidates' time. These are details that seem fairly simple to iron out before you contact candidates, especially since they had 5 months to figure it out. Poor planning reflects poor management and poor tone at the top down.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

Had 3 rounds of interview, 1 pre-screening 15 min round, 2 Technical rounds.
    My interview experience was very bad, in both the technical rounds they just asked me some questions from my resume, nothing technical at all and above that in one of the interviews they didnt even knew what I was there for, they assumed me to be there for a full time role and asked me some questions about security which were not relevant to this position, soon the interviewers admitted they were out of questions and they had not prepared as they did not know I was interviewing for intern role. Horrible experience.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA (US)).

Interview

I did a resume drop from my school website. Got an email with a test to complete within a week. After I sent it back I didn't hear from them for while (turns out my test got sent to spam). Did a screener call with a recruiter, then a phone interview with someone on the product team, onsite interview with 5 people on the team, and then another phone interview.

Software Engineer-I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood Shores, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant. My recruiter contact kept me in the loop of every process. I had 1 phone technical interview and 1 onsite interview. Both interviews were great and non stressful.

Interview Questions

• Sorting & Heap based question; Implement various data structures (LRU, o(1) find median); Implement simple OO design pattern; Random based question; Linkedlist based question; String & DFS based question.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Dallas, TX (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Worst interview of my life. A recruiter reached out to me after I applied online. A few minutes before my interview, she emailed me that she’d be a few minutes late (no biggie) & then a few minutes into our call she put me on hold for 7-10 minutes. The interview felt rushed and unpolished & we left the call with her telling me that she’d give me an update by the end of the week... She didn’t. When I followed up the following week? No update. When I followed up 2 weeks after that? No update, but promise of an update later that week... again, didn’t happen. I got tired of chasing for an update & didn’t get a real update until a couple weeks after that.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

Very friendly and helpful. People are nice and willing to cooperate with you a lot.
    Recruiter is rapid in responsing emails.
    The interview process highly varies from team to team.

Got an offer but provided short deadline.
    The team I interviewed with work collaboratively across the world.

Interview Questions

• About HTTP request, and how would you clarify a question from vague to clearly defined   Answer Question

Marketing Activation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Interviewed with hiring manager and then was pushed along to an onsite. Onsite was from 9am-12:30pm. The travel was comped. After on-site, I was ghosted by recruiter and the team. Incredibly unprofessional. It took 15 weeks to get my refund from travel.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Phone Interview followed by codingame coding test. Onsite. Everyone was really nice and helpful throughout the interview.
    Codingame challenge focuses on OOP concepts and not leetcode style questions.
     Heavy focus on resume. Onsite included meeting with software engineer. Three one hour rounds with two focused on Behavioral + some technical + one round of pure technical.
    Strong C++ background is required.

Interview Questions

• Find repeating number in array from 1 to n. O(1) space. Only one element is repeating.   2 Answers
    • Design Pacman.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Austin, TX (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Phone call from internal recruiter. Reviews resume and attempts to reconcile with openings. Resume gets submitted to hiring manager, which, in my case expressed interest. Then I was notified of an EA assessment via codeingame.com for a 2-3 hr online test. The test covered both C++ and some rather non-trivial SQL. Not entirely sure who picks questions or if it was randomized. Some of questions were very esoteric and of little interview value. Each question individually timed, with some having excess time to complete, while others, not nearly enough. As I heard nothing else, it appeared that scoring well on this assessment was a requirement for further consideration.

Interview Questions

• One question was a non-trivial SQL query where I may have had 8 minutes to answer. It involved a table with 3-4 other related tables, one of which contains history of individual orders. You are asked to list the customer name, customer_id with the most orders.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.