Electronic Arts Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Electronic Arts

2.7

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

Interviewed with recruiter, then team member peer, then department Director, then Head of Department, then VP of business unit. All of the interviews were 1 hour, except with the VP for 30 minutes. Each interviewer started with their own background and experience at the company, then asked for an overview of my background, then specific questions about my expertise. They allowed about 10-15 minutes for my questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• What accomplishment are you most proud of in this particular area of expertise?   Answer Question

Transformations Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

Multiple reschedules. The first question was kind of a trick question. The interviewer didn't like my answer so gave me 24 hrs to come back with a better answer, I came back with two alternate answers only to be told my original answer from previous day was correct. Frustrating, but it was a worthy test.

Was called back a few days later for peer interview. Peer interview was mostly standard questions.

Interview Questions

• Ever had a situation where you had to make an unpopular decision that benefitted product   Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

Overall a smooth process as HR was quick and responsive. I applied online and the entire process took roughly 2-3 weeks. The interviews themselves place an emphasis on problem solving and culture fit, as one of the rounds asked to walk through a data science project from beginning to end

Interview Questions

• Walking through a prior technical project in detail, from beginning (data collection) to end (model production)   Answer Question

Global Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

Very disorganized interview process. Applied in November 2019 for Global Audit internship, did not hear any response until late March 2020. No confirmation, no follow up. Almost 5 months of total silence from EA's part.

I was given a phone screen the following day where the recruiter was very excited about how they have made the internship remote as a result of COVID-19 concerns. She assured me that the future of the internship was safe and the remote internship had already been approved and they were planning on spending the coming months ensuring that it would be a success.

Not even 20 minutes after I completed the phone screen, I received another email from the same recruiter informing me that the internship was not approved and it was simply not practical for it to have been remote in the first place.

EA wasted my time and no doubt wasted other candidates' time. These are details that seem fairly simple to iron out before you contact candidates, especially since they had 5 months to figure it out. Poor planning reflects poor management and poor tone at the top down.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

Had 3 rounds of interview, 1 pre-screening 15 min round, 2 Technical rounds.
    My interview experience was very bad, in both the technical rounds they just asked me some questions from my resume, nothing technical at all and above that in one of the interviews they didnt even knew what I was there for, they assumed me to be there for a full time role and asked me some questions about security which were not relevant to this position, soon the interviewers admitted they were out of questions and they had not prepared as they did not know I was interviewing for intern role. Horrible experience.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA (US)).

Interview

I did a resume drop from my school website. Got an email with a test to complete within a week. After I sent it back I didn't hear from them for while (turns out my test got sent to spam). Did a screener call with a recruiter, then a phone interview with someone on the product team, onsite interview with 5 people on the team, and then another phone interview.

Software Engineer-I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood Shores, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant. My recruiter contact kept me in the loop of every process. I had 1 phone technical interview and 1 onsite interview. Both interviews were great and non stressful.

Interview Questions

• Sorting & Heap based question; Implement various data structures (LRU, o(1) find median); Implement simple OO design pattern; Random based question; Linkedlist based question; String & DFS based question.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Dallas, TX (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Worst interview of my life. A recruiter reached out to me after I applied online. A few minutes before my interview, she emailed me that she’d be a few minutes late (no biggie) & then a few minutes into our call she put me on hold for 7-10 minutes. The interview felt rushed and unpolished & we left the call with her telling me that she’d give me an update by the end of the week... She didn’t. When I followed up the following week? No update. When I followed up 2 weeks after that? No update, but promise of an update later that week... again, didn’t happen. I got tired of chasing for an update & didn’t get a real update until a couple weeks after that.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

Very friendly and helpful. People are nice and willing to cooperate with you a lot.
    Recruiter is rapid in responsing emails.
    The interview process highly varies from team to team.

Got an offer but provided short deadline.
    The team I interviewed with work collaboratively across the world.

Interview Questions

• About HTTP request, and how would you clarify a question from vague to clearly defined   Answer Question

Marketing Activation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Interviewed with hiring manager and then was pushed along to an onsite. Onsite was from 9am-12:30pm. The travel was comped. After on-site, I was ghosted by recruiter and the team. Incredibly unprofessional. It took 15 weeks to get my refund from travel.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.