Ellucian Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Ellucian Interview Questions

Interviews at Ellucian

2.6

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ellucian.

Interview

Recruiter screen call, manager call, on site meeting with team. Needed to pass a drug test and a background check. Quick process and fast interview to hire process. Make sure you know the product!

Interview Questions

• basic functional and technical questions about Banner knowledge   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ellucian in March 2020.

Interview

I applied online and had a brief introductory call (~10 min) and then arranged a Zoom interview with two experienced employees working at Ellucian. Call was friendly and somewhat casual as they asked about my experience, projects, and skills along with basic interview questions. Heard back shortly after.

Network Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chestertown, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ellucian (Chestertown, MD (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

About a 30 minute telephone screening by a recruiter followed by a one hour video chat interview with the person at the location I would be working along with and a field supervisor.

Interview Questions

• A lot of technology minutiae asking questions about port numbers and protocol definitions.   1 Answer

Instructional Designer Interview

Interview

After three years, my interview experience with Ellucian still leaves me feeling hurt and confused. A recruiter reached out to me about a position I applied to and set up a phone interview. At the agreed upon time and day, I was waiting by the phone. She never called. When I emailed her to ask about rescheduling, she said some of the group was going on vacation and she’d get back to me after everyone got back. When I followed up a week later she said the position had been filled. Very disrespectful and unprofessional. Even three years later, I’m still annoyed.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ellucian (New York, NY (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

One phone interview and an in person interview. I got the manager to show me around the building afterwards, I figured that was a good sign but I didn't get the position. It took a few weeks for them to let me know through email.

A Senior Technology Role Interview

Interview

I had a recruiter phone screening with Ellucian that was among the strangest I've ever had in my 20+ years in the industry. The recruiter asked me a broad question about my technical problem-solving approach. I gave a detailed answer, but the recruiter kept coming back to the question, and appeared confused if not frustrated by what I was saying. The recruiter appeared to have a list of "buzz phrases" or topics -- I believe provided by the hiring manager -- that I was expected to touch on in my answer, and provided a couple of these to me as examples. One of these was "operational excellence" (?), which unfortunately didn't make a lot of sense, whether generally or in the context of the question. After going back-and-forth and patiently trying to provide an answer that was satisfactory, asking if perhaps the question could be rephrased, etc, my impression was that the recruiter was asking a broad, qualitative question, but given its technical nature didn't really understand the question, or my answers, or the "expected" answers. Subsequent to this the recruiter insisted that I provide a target salary before I could move forward as a candidate. I explained that I was broadly looking for market-rate compensation for the position, was sure we could come to a consensus on salary, but felt that it was too soon for me to quote a number. I was then asked to provide my current salary plus a raise. I politely declined and the recruiter ended the interview, informing me that I could get in touch if I wished to continue. If there ever was an example of how "hiring is broken" in tech this experience would surely qualify.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ellucian (Remote, OR (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Easily, the most wonderful and quick interview process ever. Applied, one day later interviewed by recruiter and set up with manager interview the next day. Manager interview was remote, asked 30min of behavioral questions. Two days later received invite for final interview which was schedule for the following week. Final interview was 4 team members and manager, 10min presentation on anything I wanted, 40 min of behavioral questions and 10 min of my questions. Everyone was incredibly helpful and relaxed during the entire process.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ellucian (Remote, OR (US)).

Interview

Applied for a position on March 1, 2019. NEVER heard back (as of May 21, 2019). Why send acknowledgement emails saying you work hard to be responsive to candidates ---- and then never get back to them?

Interview Questions

• Who knows, they ghosted me after my application.   2 Answers

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ellucian (Louisville, KY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

I have 2 parts. First was with the hiring manager who explained the position and its role, why the position was open (someone retired), and the management. The second interview was with a team member who asked questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked what modules I have familiar with   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ellucian.

Interview

Met with team manager and developer over video call. Asked questions about my experience and the company. Asked technical questions about OOP and languages that I know. Had a quick call with recruiter about my experience for the role as well.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.