Event Cinemas Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Event Cinemas

2.6

Cinema Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Lakes

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Event Cinemas (North Lakes) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a very lengthy one.
    They started with a group interview process - because this was a new store 1000+ people had been accepted for an interview and the queue for an interview number was crazy! (I waited almost an hour just to get an interview time)
    There were about 20 or so people in each group and there were three sections to the interview
    1) everyone in the room stood up and introduced themselves (name, age, where you were from, favourite movie/actor & why)
    2) we were paired up and had to get to know as much about the person as we could before we had to stand up in front of the group and convince the interviewers why they should be hired - those who had a good laugh and fun with it did really well - confidence
    3) we each had to sell a random product - less about sales skills and more about how you can hold yourself and talk on the spot.

A select few from each group then made it through to a one on one interview with managers/staff from other cinema locations.
    They asked more in depth questions here and got to know more about you and your work history and why you wanted to work at the cinema.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job?
      What kind of experience do you have?
      How do you deal with difficult situations?
      Tell me more about your hobbies
      Are you going on holidays anytime soon?   1 Answer

Box Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Lakes

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Event Cinemas (North Lakes) in January 2016.

Interview

Did an online application. Got called a couple days after got a phone call for a group interview. Interview was ok. They were very unorganised. Had to make towers out of newspaper and tape. And had to get up front and introduce ourselves, say what grade we are in and our favourite movie. People who were shortlisted for one on one had to stay back people who were unsuccessful left.

Manager On Duty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Event Cinemas (Sydney).

Interview

its a show you do a little act, management team pick you on appearance , then asked how you would deal with customer issues. nothing is skill related .

Interview Questions

• if someone takes an item with out paying what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

nope set rates

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Event Cinemas (Sydney) in November 2017.

Interview

Group Interview with about 40 other people. They took us into one of the cinemas and we were paired off with another person who had to introduce the other person. After that I was told I wasn’t successful so,didn’t progress through to the next stage.

Interview Questions

• As I wasn’t asked to progress through to the next stage I wasn’t asked any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Various Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Event Cinemas (Perth, Western Australia) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email back within a week inviting me to a group interview. There were I'd say about 500 people there, and I luckily arrived an hour early and still waited an extra hour for my interview. Some people waited until 3pm, and got there at 9am, it was a very messy situation. The interview ran for about half an hour and had lots of people in each. I didn't like the format or the activities asked. It was a lot of on the spot speaking infront of the group, no questions on your abilities or experience were asked. I'd say if you are invited to such a big interview process it's mainly just luck, as only 5/30 were asked to stay behind and it was purely if you bonded with the interviewee. Good luck if you get an interview, just don't expect your experience to help you through this one, it's a lot of on the spot thinking and selling random objects the group. No questions are asked of you, apart from introducing yourself and what your favourite movie is.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself to the group   1 Answer
    • What's your favourite movie?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Event Cinemas in December 2018.

Interview

Was seated in a group of 10. We each had to go one by one and say our name and age and our favourite movie and why. We then had to pair and sell ourselves to the partner which they would repeat back to the group. After that we were given a random object and had to sell it to the group in any way possible

They then went away and selected who would be held back for individual interviews

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macquarie

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Event Cinemas (Macquarie) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through an add on Facebook and received a call a week later asking when I would like to come in for a group interview. (they gave two time preferences) Everyone there dressed quite extra... They wanted to stand out and I wore dark colours...

Cinema Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Event Cinemas (Liverpool) in March 2019.

Interview

Started off with an introduction of yourself and saying which actor/ress you would choose to take the role as you in a film. Afterwards, everyone was asked to take a random object from a box and take 5-10 minutes to create a sales pitch for it. If you're "lucky", your interviewer will split you into groups and tell you to build a tower out of posters

Interview Questions

• Creating a sales pitch for a cinema customer with random object   Answer Question

Christmas Casual Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lismore, New South Wales

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Event Cinemas (Lismore, New South Wales) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied earlier in the year and got a surprise phone call as they keep applications on file. The phone call was a week before the interview and I got to choose what time I would like. The group interview was with myself and 5 other people we were all interviewed together and separately during a team building exercise of making a tower out of news paper.
    Personally I got a second interview which was singular but my availability failed me.
    For a group interview you should speak up and be confident even if you normally aren't, behave as a leader and talk to everyone!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Event Cinemas in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, called a few days later and asked to come into the recruitment day. Group activity included building a straw tower, then those accepted into one on one interviews stayed back.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.