Event Cinemas Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Event Cinemas Interview Questions

Interviews at Event Cinemas

2.7

Casual Team Member Interview

Interview

I applied about 2-3 months before I finally got an email from the assistant manager at the branch I applied to. They must have kept applications on file when they refer to people to invite to an interview. In the email, they said that I was 1 in over 100 people who applied. I was given a time and date where I needed to go into a group interview and if successful, I would move on an individual interview.

In the group interview, the 11-13 of us who were asked to attend were sat in the front row of the cinema. I was told later that there were another two groups over the same size being interviewed with the same procedure as us. There was talk that only around 5-6 people were actually be employed.

At the group interview, we were first asked share our name, where we’re from, our favourite movie and if anyone could play us in a movie who would it be and why. The next thing we did was a get to know each other/introduce the other person game. We basically had to share our partners answers and vice versa. After that, we did an activity where we were split into groups of 3-4 and we were given a pen and a large piece of paper. The activity was to as a group, identify and write down as many uses of a paper clip, being as extreme as you want. Then we did the same thing but with a peg. The final activity that we did was selling an item as something that it’s not, in a pair or group of three.

Once that was over, we waited around for about 5-10 minutes while the manager and assistant manager deliberated and decided who would continue on into the individual interview stage. I was successful in reaching the individual interview. The interviews went for about 15 minutes each and consisted of a few personal questions, scenario questions and questions about the actual event cinema company. They then asked if I had any questions that I wanted to asked which I jumped at the chance to with my main questions being about how long shifts were, uniform, etc. At the end of the interview, they said they would contact me in a week to tell me if I got the job or not.

I got a phone call on the Friday the next week, congratulating me on the job and inviting me to an induction where I would be given more information, complete a bunch of general admin, given a tour and discuss the cinemas procedures and values.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been in a scenario where you have had to problem solve in a team? What role did you have?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to step up into a role with no prior prompting or information?   Answer Question
    • Do you know what cinebuzz is? Are you a member? Why/why not?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for us?   Answer Question

General Cinema Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Event Cinemas (Sydney).

Interview

Applied online. Two or so weeks later I got an email inviting me to a group interview - there were only two being held, both that day.
    I arrive, there's about twenty of us. We're sat down in a semi-circle and listen to about an hour of the managers hyping up the company. Then we're asked a question or two - basically a summary of us (name, age, job experience, why we chose events) and our favourite movie. There's also some discussion of what customer service means to us. Also an exercise where you have to sell the person next to you on why they deserve the job.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Event Cinemas (Brisbane) in May 2019.

Interview

Great group interview! I was called for a preliminary phone interview before being invited to a group interview with about 12 other people. After some team building activities we were either invited to stay for one on one interviews or told we weren't successful. About 8 people made it through to one on one interviews.

Interview Questions

• What are three of the most important things you look for in a job?   Answer Question

Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Event Cinemas (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in April 2019.

Interview

Interviewer was nice, but didn't know I was called in on the day of the interview. There were some miss communication between the managers. Overall it was decent, but some questions were irrelevant to the job. I wish it was focused on the job more than the general.

Interview Questions

• What is special about that particular cinema, what would you do if a customer is causing a scene, etc. Depends on the interviewer.   Answer Question

Cinema Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Event Cinemas (Liverpool) in March 2019.

Interview

Started off with an introduction of yourself and saying which actor/ress you would choose to take the role as you in a film. Afterwards, everyone was asked to take a random object from a box and take 5-10 minutes to create a sales pitch for it. If you're "lucky", your interviewer will split you into groups and tell you to build a tower out of posters

Interview Questions

• Creating a sales pitch for a cinema customer with random object   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Event Cinemas (Sydney) in March 2019.

Interview

OrdinaryStages of the Interview. STAGE 1: Introduction. Lasting approximately two to three minutes, you are meeting the interviewers and being escorted to the interview room. STAGE 2: Q&A. The longest portion of the interview, this is when the employer asks you questions and listens to your responses. STAGE 3: Your Question

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Event Cinemas in December 2018.

Interview

Was seated in a group of 10. We each had to go one by one and say our name and age and our favourite movie and why. We then had to pair and sell ourselves to the partner which they would repeat back to the group. After that we were given a random object and had to sell it to the group in any way possible

They then went away and selected who would be held back for individual interviews

Scoop Retail Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Event Cinemas.

Interview

About two rounds of interviews. A massive group interview with you and about 300 random people acting and demonstrating personability and then a 1-on-1 interview between you and two managers.

Interview Questions

• Sell us something as something else.   1 Answer

Service Personnel Gold Class Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gold Coast

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Event Cinemas (Gold Coast) in September 2018.

Interview

Group Interview with 25 people. First we needed to introduce yourself and tell a special talent we have. Then we needed to talk to the person next to you and then tell the recruiters why they should hire her/him.

Christmas Casual/Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Event Cinemas (Sydney) in January 2018.

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks. I applied online and was then called in for a group interview. After that they called a few days later with an offer. I started work a week after that.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.