Fidelity Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Fidelity Investments

2,240 Interview Reviews

2.8

Customer Relationship Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

After the initial application, there were the recorded interview questions. Those are always stressful as its hard to not be talking with an actual human. But, practicing for them helped and I was able to stay relaxed. Then came a phone interview which was so much easier. Just chatting about the position and why you would be a good fit. Lots of opportunities to share your experiences in customer service. Then, I took the GATE test with a follow up call after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to talk to a dissatisfied customer.
      What is your outlook towards taking the Series 7 and Series 63 exams?   Answer Question

Interview

It’s was good. All the questions they asked during the pre interview was asked on the interview. I just repeated my questions. They look for service oriented people. It was over Zoom due to COVID.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you went above and beyond for someone?   Answer Question

Customer Relationship Advocate Interview

Interview

The process begins with a series of online video interview questions. From there you move to a simple phone screen with a recruiter. Following the phone screen, you must complete an online assessment that isn’t difficult. Based on the results of the interview, you will he moved on to a virtual interview with two hiring managers that involves many behavioral-based questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you received criticism. How did you handle the criticism?   Answer Question

Asset Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

I applied online the day of and got an interview an hr after. First Hirevue with 3 q's, then a phone call, finally video interview.. not sure if i got it yet

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2020.

Interview

The initial interview is completed remotely using a Web-based platform that can be used anywhere. All the questions are prerecorded and candidates are given two chances to answer.
    I found the process easy as far as use of technology. It was odd to not speak to an actual human being, however, and have the relationality.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you solved a problem? How did you know it was well received?   Answer Question

Workplace Planning Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Flower Mound, TX (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

Digital interview with HireVue, then a phone interview with HR, then phone interview with a manager. HireVue felt kind of clunky to use and not that great, but the phone interview was very informal, followed up with much more formal phone interview with the manager later on. Process took longer than expected and they registered me for multiple position applications after I applied for the first one.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

I received an email the same day I sent my application asking to complete a video interview through HireVue. Even though I prepared beforehand, I still struggled to articulate firm answers (you only get one chance per question). Somehow, I made it to the next round, which was a phone interview. I prepared thoroughly for this. The recruiter didn't seem interested in our conversation but was still pleasant. She passed me onto the next round, where you take a GATE test, which has reading comprehension and mathematical questions. In our next phone call, she asked me questions about the assessment and how I think I did. She told me I did well, but since there were many candidates, she needed some extra time to make a decision. A couple of days later, she called and said they were moving on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in July 2020.

Interview

First they give you an online interview that allows you three minutes to answer each question with the option to re-record it once if you mess up or want to try again. You're able to hear your first video but if you re-record it, you can't hear it the second time. Then you get a phone interview.

Customer Relationship Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

The first step in the interview process was to use HireVue to do a recorded video interview. The actual interview consisted of seven questions, with two chances to record. Candidates can practice as many times as wanted ahead of time, log out and come back to do so again. That helped with getting the location, lighting and sound just right as well as alleviate anxiety about being recorded. I was able to see my videos on the practice yet not on the recorded session. My experience was that I heard back from a hiring manager within hours and was asked to do a longer phone interview. Detailed instructions were given, along with links to learn more about Fidelity and the job role ahead of time.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to talk about a time where I got feedback that my customer service had helped someone and to talk about how I knew it was helpful.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed for Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in July 2020.

I had 3 online interviews (zoom):
    1 with a principal engineer who asked me a parentheses matching coding problem. Asked a bit about my current role and responsibilities. (45 mins)

A week later, after getting through the initial technical round, I had two 1 hour back to back
    coding sessions with a Senior Software and Principal Engineer and another one with a Senior Software and Software Engineer.

Both were purely technical,
    In the first round, they asked me group of anagrams sorting problem.
    In the second row, they asked me wrong way cow problem.

I was able to solve group anagram but my complexity is O(n)2. The interviewer was not really helpful or encouraging in anyway. He was a bit harsh.

I partially implemented the wrong way cow problem. (not enough time as 15min in 45mins were spent talking about my current role and responsibilities)

Interview Questions

• First round: https://www.codewars.com/kata/52774a314c2333f0a7000688/javascript
      Second round: https://www.codewars.com/kata/group-anagrams/discuss/javascript
      https://www.codewars.com/kata/the-wrong-way-cow   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.