Framestore Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Framestore Interview Questions

Interviews at Framestore

2.4

Junior 3D Artist Interview

Interview

very brief, 10 min phone interview, then went into the office for the final round. Even for the final round, they didn't ask too many technical questions. It was based more on my portfolio and how I made it.

FX Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Framestore (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

It was a very professional environment, the interviewer is intense but friendly, we talked about a lot of different things on the top of the building, the view is nice and he showed me around the studio.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Framestore (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I interviewed for the receptionist position. A few days after I applied I got an email asking me to come in. The interview was laid back, he barely asked me any questions and it was super short, 25 minutes max. I was also told that this wasn't a true receptionist position, but also I would be expected to work as a runner if one of them was out sick, and that if I did my hours would change completely. They told I'd hear from them regardless of the decision, as I was checking indeed, I saw the exact same job posted by them the day after my interview.

Interview Questions

• what position do you see yourself in at framestore 5 years from now?   Answer Question

CG(Advertising) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Framestore in May 2018.

Interview

It was a very sinple and quick interview, about 20 minutes. I sat on Google Hangouts with a recruiter and two other members of their team. The whole thing felt comfortable, like a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself (really only asked this general question and then one specific to my portfolio)   1 Answer

Compositor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Framestore (Orland Park, IL (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

This was for their new Chicago branch. As I came in their was a friendly intern offering a drink while some angry woman (manager) seem to be barking down on everyone including him. She was also angry that security wasn't set up yet. Their was a sort of exhaustive jadedness in the seasoned employees. I met with the lead compositor/supervisor and the woman that setup the interview. He was a nice guy but seems real jaded. I mentioned to him that I was building a website for education (and that I also taught as a full time teacher one of his former employees, one of which was now a senior compositor at ILM). The interesting reality was he looked at his partner and said in an exhausted jaded tone: "yeah well, that's the only real way to make money in this industry really is education". This stunned me. In that one sentence I felt a lifetime of hardship/long hours/ and jadedness come pouring out of this Guy. And ironically he was so right, I'm now making more money then ever on online education running my own business and without dealing with the headaches of the clients/schedules this guy had dealt with over the years. Regardless they were as professional as can be and mentioned the studio would be kept small for now in staff size. I quickly was given a hold and told to be ready in 2 months for a big gig. It wasn't until a few days before the job started that I figured I'd call them and ask what was going on. I was given a "oh sorry, forgot to mention, the job was cancelled, moved to LA and New York Office". I was heartbroken. Professionally being Framestore you'd think they'd remember to say something or email. For two months I looked forward to the job, honing my skills by going ballistic on FXPHD. I wanted to impress and do a great job. I worked Night and day with growing joy and enthusiasm. In the end it was a horrible experience but I kept at my online training and now am making more money and getting notoriety through my site then ever before.

Interview Questions

• How long did it take you to do this shot?   1 Answer
    • Would you be ok with being put under myself as a mentor?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Framestore (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through the website, they called you after a week. There will be a supervisor, hr, and one employee to review you. Ask you all the professional questions, and ask you about your portfolio.

CG Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Framestore (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

It is a regular interview process, you need to talk about yourself, and show some of your art works. And talk about the process of your work. The HR will tell you the responsibility of the intern.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Framestore (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

Took over a month to hear back from them after applying. Went in for two interviews, one with the facilities manager and recruiter, and one with the head producers. First was friendly and felt nice. Second one felt like they really didn't have time to waste by sitting and talking with me.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, goals, experience, etc. Asked for a tour, which really helped me stand out.   Answer Question

3D Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Framestore (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

They asked me to talk about My past experiences and what kind of software I use. They talked about the current projects and how they the company tend to do things

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable learning new software?   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Framestore in August 2016.

Interview

I was offered a phone interview just a few days after I applied for the job. The overall interview was pretty average, the woman I talked to was very easy going. Just make sure that you're already living in the city that you're applying for. The interview was going really well until I mentioned it might take a week or so before I start. I think that's what lost me the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Framestore?
      What position should you be looking to move into?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.