GameStop Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

GameStop Interview Questions

Interviews at GameStop

2.0

Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GameStop (Grapevine, TX (US)).

Interview

I had a phone screening and then was scheduled for an in person interview the next week at the corporate office. I met with one manager and was invited back for a second on site interview two weeks later. Was told I would hear back in about two weeks. I thought I had done well in both interviews and I was excited.

I heard nothing. I followed up with the recruiter after 2 weeks and was then scheduled for what he called a final on site interview. Later that same day the recruiter let me know that the interview would have to be rescheduled.

I didn't hear back after a week, emailed to follow up. Still nothing. Emailed the manager of the department I had interviewed with and was told they had gone with another candidate.

This whole process spanned almost two whole months. I did not receive any emails or phone calls notifying me that they had gone with another candidate. I had to follow up and be persistent to get any answers. I missed time from my current job to attend both interviews. Gamestop obviously has no regard for their candidate's time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GameStop in December 2018.

Interview

You will receive a call from your DM to set up a face to face interview. If selected they will contact you. Your face to face interview will be easy if you focus your answers around providing excellent customer service and plans on how to exceed sales and profit goals.

Interview Questions

• How did you solve a guest problem by listening and offering?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stow, OH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop (Stow, OH (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Mainly asking customer service questions and is seeing if your a people person with social skills. Also looking for “Passion” because of their internal “Pitch your Passion” slogan. Also looking for someone who can be a leader to the team.

Interview Questions

Interview

I had one interview which lasted about 10 minutes. I got a call two days later offering me the job. If you can walk upright and speak somewhat normally you'll get it because that is all they are looking for

Assistant Store Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop (Merrillville, IN (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Best way to get in is during holiday season. Any other time you're at the disposal of whether they need someone. But during holiday they'll hire anyone and your job is to be better than all those other seasonals.

Interview Questions

• They'll ask you to describe yourself like most employers.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartsville, SC (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop (Hartsville, SC (US)) in August 2009.

Interview

Company is run by mostly young people. Interview was normal. I was interviewed by 2 store managers. Also had a phone interview by a different person a few days later, but basically the same questions. They check 2 of your references.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Irving, TX (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

I was called in to interview at the Irving mall location. I live in Fort Worth and applied for Assistant Manager locally at three locations. I drive all the way to Irving from Fort Worth which is an hour, one way in traffic. Upon my arrival I had to fill out the paper application, and then I was directed toward two gentlemen in the food court. I walked up and neither of them put out their hands to introduce themselves, so I did. They were both dressed very casually and seemed as though they were preoccupied and were not paying attention to the answers to their qusetions. It felt like a waste of time during the "interview" and especially when it ended and I asked about the position I applied for and what to expect, when they told me that they put people where they see a fit (which makes sense), but that they had so many people to talk to that I may not hear anything back for two weeks, if I am considered. I haven't ever felt that uncomfortable in an interview.

Interview Questions

• Give the sory of your life.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Miami, FL (US)) in November 2009.

Interview

I've heard of people that had group interviews, all of mine were one on one. I went to 3 different stores before I finally got an interview with the former District Manager. Once I got to the main store of the district, the DM blew me off, saying he had a problem with his tires. I came back in another day, finally met him and the guy drilled me with questions about what the stock of the company was at, etc. A bunch of really obscure questions that no one would know off the top of their head. I wouldn't have got the job, except I met the store manager for that location and the guy saw my potential. Plus, he was promised an Assistant Manager for a long time and I think the DM gave me the position just to shut him up.

Interview Questions

• What's the stock of the company currently valued at?   5 Answers
    • What are the 3 types of shrink? (And make sure you know what GameStop calls them, other company's interpretations weren't valued.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Imagine taking a drill and inserting it into your eye cavity. Let that feeling marinate for a while. Then decide whether or not you want to work with GameStop. Take what they are offering or walk out, they really don't care if you work for them, they'll turn on you the first chance they get to replace you with someone they think is more suitable.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Lansing, MI (US)) in October 2008.

Interview

Unfortunately any position below SM is usually done by the SM, and most of them have no idea what they are doing. By being well dressed, well spoken and knowledgeable and friendly, you already stand out among the hundreds of dumb people that apply each year.

Interview Questions

• If you were a kitchen appliance, what would you be and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, they make an offer, take it or leave it.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Portland, OR (US)) in November 2009.

Interview

A close friend just hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Can you work until 1am on Mondays?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.