Garmin Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Garmin Interview Questions

Interviews at Garmin

2.7

Interview

Pretty simple, had one behavioral phone screen with someone from HR, then went onto the technical interview that was just FizzBuzz and some technical questions like "tell me a command in SQL" and "what's the difference between an abstract class and an interface". Accepted the offer but internship got cancelled due to COVID very last minute.

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Speedy initially, but past the second interview I didn't receive a response for over a month.
    Interviews were relaxed and comfortable. No real complaints excluding the lack of communication for so long.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions like tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Embedded Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Garmin (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

The interview was fairly straightforward. First few questions, we basic behavioral questions. Why Garmin? Tell me about a time... They want to see who you react to certain situations. Then I got a coding challenge. It was pretty simple and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where something did not go as planned?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

We are seeking a full-time Modeling and Simulation Engineer at our world headquarters in Olathe, Kansas. In this role, you will be our subject matter expert for thermal modeling and simulation within the Mechanical Engineering department.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Garmin in September 2020.

Interview

They asked basic behavioral questions and then asked me to solve a few coding problems. The behavioral questions were based on how I would apply myself to solving coding problems.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a brief talk with HR about my experiences and reasons to work there. They then sent me a coding assignment to be done within a week.

Interview Questions

• The coding assignment was I think options of C++/Java, given 2 hours to do it. To take a list and set up a hierarchy for whole numbers, integers, odd, even etc   Answer Question

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Garmin.

Interview

Pathetic process. Very unprofessional. They don't have the decent courtesy of following up on their commitments, treat candidates respectfully, and bring the process to a professional conclusion. The recruiter had a 1hr 15 mins phone screen and indicated that she will bring me onsite (she also indicated that Garmin is doing onsite interviews while maintaining social distance, etc.), and also indicated who all will be interviewing me (tentatively), etc. After that, dead silence. I sent a follow up the coordinator and no response. It seemed like they may want me but not sure yet (as they wanted to take as much as time as possible with all other candidates before deciding) and they didn't want to be open with it with any professional updates as it may risk the getting being lost from the pool. The dead silence after a lengthy interview and a commitment that I will move to next round and not responding to emails and finally after 3 weeks receiving a automated email that I am not going to next round is a ridiculous and unprofessional process I have seen.

Interview Questions

• Standard recruiter stuff but went beyond and asked all textbook hiring manager questions and wasted my time.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Garmin.

Interview

You will be asked to write code in C++ in 1 hr and expectation is to complete that. If you cant complete then most likely you are not through.
    If you complete then there would be next rounds of interview looks to be.

Interview Questions

• /*
      Your previous Plain Text content is preserved below:

Pokémon Trade Application

Write a program that fulfills all the following requirements.

Program Flow:
      1. Trainer A has a Pikachu and Trainer B has a Squirtle
      2. The two trainers will swap Pokémon.

Pokémon Features:
      1. Create the Pokémon classes; Pikachu and Squirtle
      2. It should be easy to extend to support other Pokémon types.
      3. Pokémon attributes and behavior
          a. Life Points - A “life” value that will be initialized to a random value
              between 50 and 100 at time of creation.
          b. Attack - When it attacks, the attack value is randomized between 25 and
          c. Defend - When attacked, the defending Pokémon will have a 33% chance to
              avoid (zero) damage. If not avoided the attack damage is taken from the
              pokémon’s life points

Pokémon Trainer Features:
      1. Create a trainer class with a name and pokémon partner

Note:
      • C++ language preferred
      • Syntax errors are not critical.
      • The code is not required to compile or run.

*/   1 Answer

Cyber Security threat Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Garmin.

Interview

Had to solve a C++ coding problem and then was asked a couple of general behavioral questions. I was also asked about technical experience and past projects and hackathons. I was also asked about the classes that I had taken and what I learned from the same.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Garmin in July 2020.

Interview

There were three stages to the process.

First I spoke with a recruiter for approximately 30 minutes to go over general experience and behavior questions. At the end of the call, the recruiter scheduled technical coding exercise for later in the week. The coding exercise was one simple question and one question about recursive tree traversal.

A few days after the coding test, the recuiter followed up to schedule a 3-hour intervew with the development team and managers. During the first 2 hours I was asked a series of technical questions about data structures, OOP patterns, C#, multithreaded computing, and database design. I then did a CoderPad exercise which consisted of a fairly simple coding problem and debugging existing code.

Interview Questions

• 1) Describe how you would ensure thread safety in a multithreaded environment.
      2) What are examples of object oriented design patterns? List as many as you can along with example applications.
      3) How does scope work in JavaScript?
      4) What are the differences between web socket and http connections?
      5) Compare and contrast various caching options.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.