Garvan Institute of Medical Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Garvan Institute of Medical Research

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Garvan Institute of Medical Research (Sydney) in October 2015.

Interview

quite easy and friendly. Interviewers helped me along the process to make sure I was comfortable and therefore providing the best answer all the time. They asked about my background and the decisions I would take in different scenarios in regards big data technologies.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Garvan Institute of Medical Research (Sydney).

Interview

I only had one interview. It was short and fairly informal. Mainly just a CV/fit interview. A couple of general scientific questions. The interview probably only lasted 30 minutes. I had a good impression from both interviewers. They were quite hard to read initially, but by the end of the interview I felt I was in with a good chance. I was called the next week by HR to confirm the offer.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Garvan Institute of Medical Research.

Interview

Casual. Sit down interview with the two investigators and HR rep. Took about 30 mins. The HR representative was kind and led the interview process. PI's are looking for whether you know techniques well.

Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Garvan Institute of Medical Research (Sydney) in March 2015.

Interview

It almost took one hour, and three interviewers kept asking me questions. Firstly, one of interviewers introduced the detailed information about this institution and position. Then I introduced myself. Based on my introduction and resume, they asked me many questions. The questions were a little bit difficult. You need to think carefully before answering. Do not be nervous.

Interview Questions

• Based on your resume, I can see that you only worked in a team environment. Could you tell me whether you worked independently?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.