Grant Thornton Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Grant Thornton

1,032 Interview Reviews

2.7

Audit Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

4 1-on-1 Interviews with Associates, Senior Managers, and Partners. Everyone who I met had a great personality and was very easy to talk to. I have a lot of respect for the firm.

Interview Questions

• Personality Based Questions
      Relevant Experience Questions
      Specific Industry Performance Questions   Answer Question

Tax Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Such a great environment! Felt like a conversation with an old friend. Got an offer right away and an invitation to visit the office where all the interns had a chance to learn about the company, interview some of the current employees, meet other interns.

Interview Questions

Interview

Hirevue, on campus in person. The hirevue was pretty basic and then the on campus one was two 30 min interviews with diff people in the firm. Pretty basic behavioral, nothing really technical since it’s just an internship role and they know you don’t have much experience anyway.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in August 2020.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a campus recruiter (graduate MSA student) to schedule an initial phone screening. Shortly after that I received an invitation to interview with two partners, separately. They were both late to the interview and one didn’t even have a copy of my resume! It was a Zoom interview so I could not provide her with one so I had to explain my qualifications with no written material for her to review. What a joke. I have Big 4 experience and these guys were a total waste of time. The next day, the campus recruiter sends me a rejection email citing that the process was “competitive” and that’s why I would not be continuing. Totally unprofessional.

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

Several rounds with partners and managers and a social with more of the associates. Fairly standard public accounting. Fairly laid back and mirrored their brand personality for the location. Very professional and courteous the entire time. Great communication by the recruiter up to, throughout, and after the process.

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard questions, really wanted to dig into personality more than technical knowledge.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

The interviewer is pretty friendly. goes well. He didn't ask many technical questions and only focus on the behavior questions. didn't give me a hard time. but because i have better offer, i declined at the end od day

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Applied online and through campus career website, heard back a couple of weeks later. Interviewed virtually with two different people, one manager and one partner. Overall, a pretty good experience, most of the questions were pretty basic and were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to lead a team and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Typical interview process, recruiter screening phone call, then video interviews. I have interviewed for many companies, from Nike to BCG and this is by far the worst phone screening I have ever experienced. The interviewer was distracted the entire time, lost her train of thought for full minutes and then entirely forgot what she was saying many times so I had to step in to help. They also did not listen to my answers when I listed them clearly and then apologized for not listening. It was genuinely so bad I thought I was being Punked and checked the number to see if it was anyone I knew pranking me. I was not surprised I did not move on in the process. Normally, the better the company the better the recruiters. Some companies have AMAZING recruiters and that can make or break a first introduction to the company. This broke it. I am still shocked it was so bad but it's now a nice story to tell. I hope that person is ok and it was just a really bad day for them. I also hope everyone else has a better experience

Interview Questions

• Why Grant Thornton? What is something people think about you that might not be true and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Applied through school career sight and was interviewed on campus. Had 2 back to back 30 minute interviews where one was with a Partner and the other manager. It was mostly conversational with both the manager and partner but the manager did ask me two-three behavioral questions but the partner did not ask me any questions so I asked him a bunch of questions

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

Is is great and fast . There are 2 round of interviews , one is tell, one is partner and manager. The whole process is fast and efficient. I love it .

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.