Herbert Smith Freehills Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Herbert Smith Freehills Interview Questions

Updated 17 Aug 2018

Associate Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills in September 2014.

Interview

I am an experienced hire from an in-house position, didn't have any big law job before. Introduced by a recruiter and interviewed with 3 partners (3 rounds of interviews and 1 round writing test). The interview arrangement was smooth and efficient, and the interviewers are very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave in-house position and go to a law firm. People normally go on an opposite track...   1 Answer

HR Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills in April 2018.

Interview

I applied through the company website and heard back within a week. From here there was a phone screening and I was asked to come into the office for an interview. At the end of the interview I was told that I would hear back by the end of the week / early next week. After about two weeks and no word, I reached out and was told the process was delayed and that I would hear about next steps by the end of the month. Two months later, still have not heard anything and have accepted another offer. Very unprofessional to not communicate about the process and leave candidates hanging.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why do you want to get into HR?
      2) How do you handle stress?
      3)What are three traits you would use to describe yourself?   Answer Question

Conflicts Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

informal chat about who I was. Interview was designed to discover my personality and how well I would fit in the existing team. Questions about my CV for clarification.

Interview Questions

• If you money was not a concern, what would you do for a living?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills (Seoul (South Korea)) in September 2016.

Interview

I had first round of interviews which was a pleasant experience. There were 4 people that asked me general questions - why I applied, why this company, where do you see yourself in x years - no behavioral questions. The second was a written translation/research test which I thought I did well on but I did not hear back from them.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Fairly standard interview with two partners from the relevant practice team. Unfortunately, I was not given feedback on my application and I don't think i was even informed of the outcome until I chased it.

Interview Questions

• Following the interview one of the interviewers asked me for a copy of my master's thesis.   Answer Question

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills (London, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

Four interview sessions with either one partner or two associates in each session. Both UK and US partners were present at interviews. Only US associates were present at interviews. UK partners were surprised at US- style resume, which appeared short at 1 page.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in London if your legal degree is from the United States?   Answer Question

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills (Sydney).

Interview

Interview was fairly standard, but always very friendly and very conversational. Interview process includes aptitude testing. Interview process is also very long and decisions are made slowly. I have met around 6 different people for interviews.

Interview Questions

• A lot of hands on experience questions and what would you do, if...   1 Answer

Solicitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills (Melbourne) in July 2013.

Interview

One on one interview with a partner for a vacation clerk position, then a more informal coffee catch up with an associate. Interview with partner was pretty standard format and quite informal, more of a 'get to know you' chat. Interview process also involved psychometric testing, for which the results were analysed by Human Resources and given to us during the clerkship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handled a difficult situation professionally.   Answer Question

Campus Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Interviewed in person at their London Office with a partner and member of HR. Part of the interview was competency-based with questions on skills and motivation. Was also required to deliver a presentation about a recruitment campaign.

Trainee Solicitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

the interview is long time work you need to prepare well to come to HSF nice office and fighting with 5
    othere kids to get a TC. Do not expect you would stand out immediately during the interview as they are great person.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.