Herbert Smith Freehills Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Herbert Smith Freehills Interview Questions

Interviews at Herbert Smith Freehills

HR Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills in April 2018.

Interview

I applied through the company website and heard back within a week. From here there was a phone screening and I was asked to come into the office for an interview. At the end of the interview I was told that I would hear back by the end of the week / early next week. After about two weeks and no word, I reached out and was told the process was delayed and that I would hear about next steps by the end of the month. Two months later, still have not heard anything and have accepted another offer. Very unprofessional to not communicate about the process and leave candidates hanging.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why do you want to get into HR?
      2) How do you handle stress?
      3)What are three traits you would use to describe yourself?   Answer Question

Associate Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills in September 2014.

Interview

I am an experienced hire from an in-house position, didn't have any big law job before. Introduced by a recruiter and interviewed with 3 partners (3 rounds of interviews and 1 round writing test). The interview arrangement was smooth and efficient, and the interviewers are very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave in-house position and go to a law firm. People normally go on an opposite track...   1 Answer

Summer Clerk Interview

Interview

Typical rounds, cover letter + application followed by a first round chat. Did not progress through. 1-on-1 with a partner, questions are standard - no surprises they are there to hear what they want to hear.

Vacation Scheme Interview

Interview

Video Interview. Following the application process was contacted by the grad recruitment team. Online interview, with a video format. Timed with questions and you had to record an answer within the time frame.

Clerkship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills (Melbourne).

Interview

Partner one on one interview followed by cocktail event networking with partner and other lawyers. Partner asked general questions about CV and cover letter. Very relaxed interview; nothing technical.

Vacation Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills.

Interview

I had 2 interviews with different partners that assessed my motivation to work at the firm, awareness of current affairs, and critical thinking. The partners were really nice and supportive.

Interview Questions

• The interviews primarily assessed my competencies, commercial awareness, and analytical abilities   Answer Question

Legal Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in June 2020.

Interview

Extremely slow to get back to you on your results on assessments. Sat for the assessment two weeks ago.Also very difficult and was not given sufficient time to conduct the assessment as time is monitored and i was given 1 hour and 30 minutes to finish the assessment. Still waiting for the outcome of the assessment.

Legal Analyst Interview

Interview

Technical Testing was done from home. Fairly difficult test on privileged documents. Given 2 hours which I found was fairly generous. Pre reading was provided for some preparation and 2 examples were also given. The test was done online so there was some amount of flicking between reading material and answer sheet.

Clerkship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills.

Interview

Casual chat with partner - at their Sydney Office - about 10 students interviewed at the same time (but each with different Partner) - casual chat, quite chill - strangely no HR person there at the interview

Vacation Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills (London, England (UK)) in February 2020.

Interview

There were 7 of us at the assessment centre. The day consisted of three parts.
    1. Competency interview - conversational with a senior associate, lasts for about 50 minutes; questions asked: Why law? Why commercial law at HSF? Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer. When did you successfully cooperate in a team? What were some challenges in the process?
    2. Case study + presentation: You get around 10-15 pages of information about a legal problem. This was the most difficult part - requires you to quickly analyze information, focus on details and offer recommendations; Structure is key; Partner asked me difficult and challenging questions - retain your composure but don't offer any incorrect advice
    3. Scenario-based interview: You are supposed to take notes while a partner tells you about a case he was working on. This was really conversational; be prepared to be challenged and ask a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

• What challenges did you face when you worked in a team?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.