Holiday Extras Interview Questions

Updated 28 Feb 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 28 of over 28 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Holiday Extras

Holiday Extras

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Holiday Extras

Interview

The review process was including culture fit interview, coding task, as well as review and pair programming on the coding task. After that there was a meet the team session too.

Interview Questions
  • Coding task about CRUD operation.
    Answer Question

Holiday Extras

Application

I interviewed at Holiday Extras

Interview

Good, lots of information and people I spoke to were passionate and loved engaging. Website has lots of information to prepare for interview and do lots of research in advance. Active on social media as well so easy to understand culture and company mission and value

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Bristol, England, England) in Feb 2020

Interview

At home assessment which was then "reviewed" by a developer at Holiday Extras. I found the review to be extremely disappointing. I was told that there were several issues with my submission, all of which didn't make sense and could be countered. The "best" one was that I was told by adding a small React hooks library I had "bloated" the web application... even though it scored 99/100 on Google Lighthouse (whilst I may add that the holidayextras home page scores less than 50!).

Interview Questions
  • Create a web application which fetches images from a public API.

Holiday Extras

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hythe, Hampshire, South East England, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Hampshire, South East England, England, England) in Feb 2020

Interview

The process was fast I applied online and had a interview the following week, it was a group interview, there was 9 of us including myself, we did a few activity’s, first was “breaking the ice” so you do abit of team work to open you up and talk to your fellow candidates & 4/5 members of staff, then put into groups to design a app and then present it to the rest of the room “I found it unpleasant tbh” and the people you are designing the app with, when presenting it they tell the rest of the room what you have actully contributed to the app! So they stole my ideas and I was left there with nothing to say so remember your there for yourself! Then we had lunch & then listened to a employee on the phone and then do a role play afterwards.. now massive tip I’m going to tell you, I was given 10 mins to listen to someone talking on the phone and i only heard the end of it so I was up against it as I didn’t know how to start the call off, so even though it costs money ring the company up and pretend to be a customer prior to the interview, you’ll be one step ahead and note down the questions they ask you! Unless you know a employee there you are 1000 steps behind as 3/4 or my group knew someone, and it’s a fact that if they have been referred or when applying put the name of the employees name down you know.. they actually get a bonus if your employed.. the role play I did was very hard & I was asked hard questions, I know this because when I asked everyone else how they got on there’s was really easy! ITS NOT WHAT YOU KNOW ITS WHO YOU KNOW! Remember that cos this company massively knocked my confidence. & you are kept there for up to 4 hours & do not get a interview if you failed the role play.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lympne, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Lympne, England, England) in Feb 2020

Interview

Applied online and invited to a full day assessment at their head office. There were 8 candidates attending and, after an icebreaker, we were split in to two groups and given a group task followed by a presentation to the rest of the group and recruiters. We had the opportunity to listen to several live customer telephone calls before having a 1:1 telephone call with one of the recruiters. After lunch and depending on how successful you were during the day, you were offered a feedback conversation or interview. I was interview by two recruiters who were friendly and allowed plenty of time for conversation. After the interview, I was emailed detailed feedback and an explanation of their decision. Recruitment at many travel organisations has been paused as a result of the 2020 covid-19 outbreak.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England, England) in Jan 2020

Interview

Started the day with a group tasks (we designed an app) in which you have to present it to the rest of the groups. Another was a task they asked you to researched for before you arrived. Which was the perfect holiday destination for (your choice) either family A or family B. A telephone role play conversation in which they test your skills. They also buddy you up with someone else that is doing your role so you can see it first hand. They finish the day with a 1-on-1 interview/feedback session.

Interview Questions
  • If you could do any job, what would it be?

Anonymous Employee in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England, England)

Interview

The process was reasonably fast and the People Team kept in constant contact throughout the process and were easy to contact to answer any questions or queries. The first stage of the process, involves submitting a tech test. If succesful, you will be invited for a face to face interview with someone from The People Team and Web Team. Once again, if successful at this stage you will be invited back for a Pair Programming task where you will be accessed on more of a technical level.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England, England) in Dec 2017

Interview

Friendly group task, test, and individual interview. As a large group, we were asked to introduce ourselves along with an interesting fact. After, we were split into sub groups and given a task to complete while the others had an individual interview. Next, there was a technical test involving debugging a ToDo list website.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a time that you used your problem solving skills in a difficult situation.
  • What techniques do you use to manage your time.

Holiday Extras

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England, England) in Oct 2017

Interview

1st Stage - Presentation, Coaching Session and Data analysis task. 2nd Stage - 2 on 1 Interview I didn't get the job role, which is fine, but on the rejection email, I was asked if I would like feedback, which I have now asked for twice, but yet have not received anything, it now has been over a month and I still haven't received anything!!!! Poor, Poor Customer Service. I spent a lot of time preparing my presentation, rang up some managers to discuss the job role, I also came in on my own time to listen to live calls. However, this company doesn't have the courtesy to give me any feedback in why I didn't get the position or if I would like apply again in the future how I can improve. If they are doing this to External staff I couldn't imagine what they do to Internals. Respect external candidates as well as looking after Internal's.

Interview Questions
  • How would I deal with the culture change from my current employer to us?
2 people found this interview helpful

Holiday Extras

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England, England) in Oct 2017

Interview

Online application, telephone interview one week later, face to face presentation with role play 3 weeks later, 1 week later face to face interview and finally another face to face interview 2 weeks later. Incredibly long delays between stages and waited 3 weeks after final interview to receive a generic rejection email after the 5 stage process after travelling to the centre three times at personal expense on days off. Disappointed with the communication time as I was recommended this role internally but due to the delay I was fortunate enough to keep my options open and have since found alternative employment. People team were however incredibly warm and lovely throughout and I cannot commend the working environment enough.

Interview Questions
  • How would you reduce call handling time from your team.
1 person found this interview helpful