Hydrogen Group plc Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Hydrogen Group plc Interview Questions

Interviews at Hydrogen Group plc

2.8

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hydrogen Group plc (Charlotte, NC (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process started off really well. I was even recieved a job offer after my first initial phone interview with the client.

However, my in-person interview was canceled twice. Then the Director of the Senior Client Relationship Manager I was working with called to congratulate me on my new position. I had to inform him my interview was canceled and though I was very excited for the opportunity I wasn't ready to accept until meeting the client team in person. He apologized and said he'd touch base with the Relationship manager I was working with.

After that phone call, I never heard back from any of my three contacts at Hydrogen—even after sending an email asking what was going on. They completely ghosted me! Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay current and up to date with design trends?   2 Answers

Hydrogen Group plc Response

10 Apr 2019 – CEO

Thanks for providing feedback on your interview process.
    I’m really sorry to hear that you’ve had a negative experience – I can assure you that this is very far from how we aim to treat our candidates. After an internal investigation, we believe we have identified what led to this problem and commit to improving such moving forward. I can only apologise that we didn’t live up to your expectations and would like to assure you that the necessary steps have been taken to avoid this happening again.
    I’d like to thank you for bringing this to my attention. It’s feedback like this that helps us to improve and move forward. We want to make sure that your next experience with Hydrogen is a positive one.
    Best
    Ian

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hydrogen Group plc (Houston, TX (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

My interviewing process contained 4 interviews involving the COO and each of the department heads; Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, and IT. Although some of the questions asked with technical, most of them were personality and motivational based.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking to accomplish personally within the next 5 to 7 years?   Answer Question

Role With Another Company Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hydrogen Group plc.

Interview

Hydrogen Group was extremely communicative and supportive in the beginning. They invested quite a bit of time getting to know you and trying find that perfect role for you. I had multiple conversations and email exchanges with my Hydrogen contact which ultimately resulted in a face to face interview at a company. After that face to face.....crickets. No feedback. Not even negative feedback, which would have been fine too. If Hydrogen can't make a commission off you, they have no use for you. My impression of Hydrogen has significantly diminished. I have accepted a position at another company; where I am responsible for hiring. Not a wise move Hydrogen.

Interview Questions

Hydrogen Group plc Response

17 Oct 2016 – marketing coordinator

I’m really shocked to hear about your experience. Feedback after an interview is a critical part of the recruitment process and I’m truly sorry that we have let you down.

I’d really appreciate the chance to find out more about your experience, as I want to ensure that this never happens again. It would be great if you could email me at iantemple@hydrogengroup.com with some more details, and if there is any way in which we can help you either now or in the future, I will make sure that your next experience with Hydrogen is a positive one.

Entry Level Interview

Interview

Sent in my resume then had a phone call with one of the team leaders which led to 2 further interviews in the office. Whole process was quick and took about 3 weeks. 1st interview is basic competency questions and strengths and weaknesses. The next interview was much of the same but in person and I met a few more people. The last interview was made up of a one on one to start where I was given scenario questions. I then spent the next few hours observing calls and listening in. There was then a break for lunch and after lunch I did my own calls. Unfortunately no one really picked up so I had to do a role play with one of their employees. Lastly I was interviewed by two other members of the team and asked similar questions to the initial interview, such as why do you want to work here etc.

Interview Questions

• Say Goldman Sachs had been looking for a candidate for a specific role and hadn;t had any luck in a few months. We were not contracted to do it but you felt you had the perfect candidate so put them forward. GS loved them and wanted to hire them but said that our retainer fee was too high and they would only pay 20% not 30% what would you do?   Answer Question

Trainee Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hydrogen Group plc (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The group interview had too many people in one room. The day was long winded and a lot of the tasks did not make any sense when it came to recruitment. The group is very divided, you can instantly tell after a task or two which candidates the seniors constantly go to talk to. The whole day felt very forced. There were points in the day where they would speak to individual candidates and tell them that have not passed to move onto the next stage. They behaved and had an attitude like they only wanted to hire those who would sell their soul, be very loud and money hungry. I found it extremely rude when the feedback was based on the way i pronounced a few words. It was very insulting as there were two initial phone interviews where they could have made the decision, but i guess the toxic and demeaning culture that this place has they just wanted to bring as many people in for the numbers during the interview and then give them petty reasons. Either way by the end of the group assessment day if working here was on offer i would never have taken it.

People Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hydrogen Group plc (London, England (UK)) in December 2018.

Interview

Internal recruiter contacted me for the role and set up the interview. I attended the interview and it went reasonably well and was asked very generic questions and was told I would be contacted following the interview. However no one ever got back to me or followed up which is extremely unprofessional as candidates have taken time out of their day to attend the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Hydrogen Group plc (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

A phone call came very quickly after initial application. It’s clear to me that recruitment at Hydrogen is clearly about hiring those who crave money and not at all a company that I would want to
    work with. They are frank about their goals, so that was awesome.

Trainee Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hydrogen Group plc (London, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the talent lead who then called me in for a face to face interview. The next step was that I meet with the directors of various departments to see which one I would be the best fit for. Have a more informal chat with the director and then wait for a response from the talent lead.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hydrogen Group plc (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Three Stage process:
    1. Meet the internal Hiring Manager - Really approachable and very friendly. Made me feel at ease. He was very frank and straight forward with me about my strengths, but was not afraid to let me know about my weak points and advise me on how to improve on them for the next round of interviews. They were more concerned about my future ability and presentation, and encouraged me to do some research and preparation based on the disciplines they thought i would be most suited towards. The meeting took roughly 20-30mins.

2. Meet the Director or Head of Department whose team you would potentially join. Again the Directors were all very friendly, however a lot more scrupulous, asking questions that delved into my background in detail, asking about dates, times, and situations I had worked in the past. These interviews were to gauge my credibility and see if I had the right background or ability for their department. The Hiring Manager did a fantastic job at scheduling the interviews to one day so to save time on my behalf, and managed to complete 4 interviews, spread over an afternoon with different directors, each from a separate team. Each interview took 45-60mins.

3. Meet the Director of Head of Department for a role play OR a work sample. In the work sample I met with the department supervisor for a casual chat first and then was introduced to the floor where I shadowed another recruiter in a few calls. I was then set loose to call 15 candidates about a role that was currently available. This was to test my phone manner, my questioning skills, and to see if I could learn quickly and manipulate the way I spoke to aid discussion in conversations and gather more information about the candidates and their needs.

The Role Play meeting with the Director was interestingly more intense, however i enjoyed the process. I was given two candidate CV's and 15 minutes to review them both. The Interviewer then played the role of the candidate and I had to ask more questions to gather more information on that candidate. After interviewing both "role played candidates" the Interviewer then switched our roles and asked me to act as one of the candidates and gave me an example of a successful interview. It was inspiring, creative and eye opening; giving me a lot of information I felt lacking in other company's interview processes.

After this section I met with one of the junior team members to have a casual chat and ask some more informal questions about the office environment, holidays, incentives, etc. This openness to discuss anything and be very honest with me was something I felt along the whole process and was a big reason for moving forward in the process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to get into recruitment?   1 Answer

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hydrogen Group plc (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

I reached out to Ollie via LinkedIn, he responded and we quickly began discussing how my profile would be a match for some roles he was recruiting for.

I found Ollie incredibly supportive during my preparation for the interviews with different parts of the business. He has been coaching young recruitment consultants for 10yrs and really helped me refine my body language, the way I answer questions, and gave insight tips ahead of the day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why recruitment? Why legal/finance? Take a minute to read this example of email correspondence between a recruitment consultant and a candidate. What do you think is going on? What would you do?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.