IDEXX Laboratories Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

IDEXX Laboratories Interview Questions

Interviews at IDEXX Laboratories

2.6

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IDEXX Laboratories (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

First interview with hiring manager, then ride day with current rep to see day in the life, then interview role play selling a product they give you in the interview, final with Area Manager. The role play you get the product details and then 30 minutes to prepare. Then you play the sales rep and another person comes in as the doctor. They are looking mainly for you to follow a sales process, ask questions, find need, sell value.

Interview Questions

• If you had a little kid in your home and you were late for a dinner reservation, then you found the kid had got into your file cabinet and papers were everywhere. You had to leave or you would be late, what do you do?   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IDEXX Laboratories.

Interview

It was a joke, hiring mgr came off edgy and defensive right away when asked mundane questions. During silly role play gave me an objection that was not on the script list, I challenged and he asked "How could you miss it it was right there in front of you?" I said it wasn't and he tried to find it in the script and it was not there. No apologies, nothing, but then tried to spin it. I had seen enough red flags and I ended the session and left. Bad feeling going in was verified... I have never had the 1st face-to-face interview be a 3 hr BS session including the 1 hr study time and 30 min role play like this, with the feeling of being adversaries.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how we do business?   1 Answer

Associate Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westbrook, ME (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IDEXX Laboratories (Westbrook, ME (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online within a few days I received a call from a recruiter. The recruiter asked me some very basic interview questions, asked about expected salary, and told me a hiring manager would be in touch. About a week later I got a call from the hiring manager, and we had a brief (30 min) discussion where she asked some very basic interview questions to get a feel for who I am, my interest in the company, and my potential. I was put in touch with her admin to schedule a time and date for an interview. The interview was very relaxed - I had 5 individual conversations with different folks through out the department I was applying within. The conversations were based around my resume and experience to ensure that I would be a great fit for the position and team. I gave a brief (10 min) presentation to those who I interviewed with so they could get an understanding of my style of communication. After the interview. I was given a tour around the facility. It took a while to get an official offer as the department was reorganizing.

Interview Questions

• What three words would you use to describe yourself? What three words would a previous co-worker use to describe you? What three words would a love one use to describe you? Describe what your ideal day would look like.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IDEXX Laboratories (Portland, ME (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

I got an interview through a recruiter in Maine. The interview was quite lighthearted with two members of the team. After a few weeks, I was told that they felt I was better suited for a role at a different department and asked for another interview with the specific department, but at that point I had another offer and decided to not pursue any further interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe and explain one of the tougher problems I've faced, and how I dealt with it.   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IDEXX Laboratories (West Sacramento, CA (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

I submitted the job application through the company website, answered maybe 10~15 technical related questions, like what's your lab experience, what kind of lab technique and what equipment are you able to operate and stuff. Note that the IDEXX have recently out sourced their career website to the other company so the application process may have changed a little bit. After I submitted the application, it took about 2 months before I got a phone call from my department, and so we quickly setup an interview (mostly behavioral questions), and about 2 and half weeks later, I got the job offer.

Lab Technician Interview

Interview

The setting is terrific, the two person board were very cordial and inviting. I immediately felt at ease and they seemed jazzed about working there so I am upbeat about the possibility....

Interview Questions

• Questions about plagarism were a bit troubling but I had not issue sharing my experience.   Answer Question

Location

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IDEXX Laboratories (New York, NY (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Pretty typical phone interview. Though the lady doing the interview was somewhat condescending and kept saying "um" so much it was driving me crazy. Also they assumed I had clinical lab experience, and proceeded to criticize my interview when I said no. I didn't even recall applying to them that's how many places I've been applying to yet overall I feel they wasted my time.

Strategic Sourcing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IDEXX Laboratories in April 2016.

Interview

Long process. I applied online, and three weeks later I received a call from an internal recruiter. The usual 30 min screening about the position and my skills.
    A week later the department manager called to schedule an hour interview for the folling week. This was a more techical interview with three people. There were pre planned questions on prior experience and they wanted details on how my skills were used in real projects.
    After two more weeks I was contacted for a video call with the same people. This time the call was only 30mins. Im not sure what the point of this call was, it was very casual just back and fourth easy conversation where we discussed in more detail what the role intails and put a face to me. A two weeks later I was informed they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with unstructured data   Answer Question
    • describe when something did not go as planned   Answer Question
    • what would you do if three separate people we requesting the same deadline   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IDEXX Laboratories.

Interview

The interview process was informative and the interviewers were very positive and friendly. An outbound sales call scenario was set up to test my over-the-phone customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• What is a difficult problem you've faced in the workplace and what was your process to fix it?   Answer Question

Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IDEXX Laboratories (Elmhurst, IL (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

The entire process is HORRIBLE. The reason being is because they don't explain the process! Very confusing

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.