IGT Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

IGT Interview Questions

Interviews at IGT

2.8

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IGT (Reno, NV (US)).

Interview

4 stage of interview in general. Telephonic, HR, Technical, Lunch interview, Across management. Get repared for the technical interview regorously. They are very particular about your technical skill, communication skill is very imp.

Advertising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IGT (Lawrenceville, NJ (US)).

Interview

Very thorough! In my phone interview with HR, I was asked about my previous experience, why I was looking for something new and how I thought my current employer would react. My second interview was a great mix of asking questions about my skill set and how it applied to the position and an explanation of the day to day.

Interview Questions

• Favorite traditional and non-traditional media placement from another brand and why?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IGT (Reno, NV (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

Three interviews, One screening, one with your direct management and the last one with the management.

Interview is very run of the mill. Name a time when you had a big success and a big failure.

I was straight up ghosted after the final round of interviews, no response on 2 emails, very unprofessional company it doesn't take much to just send an email so I can move on

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a big success and a big failure.   Answer Question

Intranet Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IGT (Las Vegas, NV (US)).

Interview

It took them just under three months from start to finish. Then they gave me less than 24 hours to accept/negotiate on the job, which I didn't appreciate the pressure. They asked more questions about myself than describing the position. I accepted the job and now disappointed because the job is not what was described in the interview. Their onboarding is a nightmare. Make sure in the interview you ask all the questions can you can.

Game Designer Interview

Interview

Telephone interview without scheduling from HR. It is a cold call from department manager... I am not prepared at all. Of course, I did a poor job and not selected.

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IGT (Austin, TX (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

More importantly when I asked questions about certain things about how the position/company works, they were more than willing to answer. People may not have the same experience as me, as every candidate is different and it won't be the same interviewers, but even so, it was a sign of the character of some of the supervisors there. They weren't "bothered" or looked down and around like something else was on their plate.

Interview Questions

• How I work with others, primarily in situations like handing work off to another or having to take it over from another.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IGT (Reno, NV (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter for this position. There was an initial HR interview, then a technical phone interview, then an onsite technical interview, finally an interview with the product manager, and game producer, and a lunch meeting with the team. After the final interview with the product manager and lunch meeting, they never replied me back. I had to email the recruiter 3/4 times to know that the team decided not move forward with me. Very disappointed with their attitude. Never heard that a software engineer was not hired after passing onsite technical interview. The whole process took more than a month, and after 2 phone and 2 onsite interviews, they did not bother to inform me the reason of not giving me an offer. Extreme unprofessionalism for a big company like them. I think they just don't want to hire for that group. I decided to never interview at this company again.

Interview Questions

• 1 hour technical phone interview and 1 hour onsite technical interview. They asked mostly object oriented design stuff. Asked me 3/4 coding problem to solve. Debug code in C/C++ and C# language. Some questions from operating system concepts: like multithreading, semaphone, mutex, race condition , locking etc. Design a system to find out the winner of a bingo game. How do you implement multiple winning patterns.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IGT (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I applied online and then was contacted by a recruiter whom I had a call with. During the call, he told me that you need a lot of training and you don't have the required background so we can't offer you a high salary if you ever get accepted, which is not what I usually hear from the recruiters at the very first step. Then a 30 minute phone call was set up with the hiring manager. He was very nice, we went over my resume and was asked if I'm familiar with any design patterns.
    Then I was invited for onsite interview. 3 rounds of interviews, the first one was more behavioral, and the two others were technical. Everyone I met were super nice. The questions were concise and to the point. I almost answered all the questions and I thought everyone was satisfied with my answers.
    The next morning I received a phone call from the same recruiter. This is when I got really disappointed with their recruiting process. He told me that they wanted to give me an offer, but the salary they offered was too low. I asked if it's negotiable, he said maybe, but I have to keep in mind that I don't have the specific background and I need a lot of training. Seriously?? Is that how you offer someone a job? If I'm being offered a job, I want to feel that I'm valuable for them and I can contribute to their growth, not someone who needs a lot of training and not valuable enough to be offered a reasonable salary. You can just give me other reasons instead of trying to intimidate me. I asked if I can see the offer letter, he said no! we have to have an agreement first, which I think is weird. Then I said I will think about it and will let you know the next business day, I just asked for one day! And again he said no! You HAVE to decide today cause we have another candidate. I think it was my right to think about the offer at least for a day.
    After all, I decided to decline the offer without even bothering to negotiate.
    I know that the hiring manager and the people were nice and knowledgeable and it was a pleasure working with them, but their recruiting process is horrible. I really suggest them to rethink about it.

Interview Questions

• Object oriented design, easy Leetcode algorithm questions (Linked list, ... ), basic C++ concepts (inheritance, ...)   Answer Question

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wixom, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IGT (Wixom, MI (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Process was very relaxed and informative describing duties, benefits, and expectations. Nice building. I had applied and interviewed for a different position. That position was filled from within. However, my resume was kept and passed on to interview for this opening.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset customer   1 Answer

Helpdesk Technician II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IGT in September 2019.

Interview

Was called for an interview. Told me I’d be a great fit but I would get bored easily and they didn’t want someone that was going to try to move up in a year

Interview Questions

• Do you have a flexible schedule? Schedules are not set.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.