IGT Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

IGT Interview Questions

Interviews at IGT

2.7

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Greenwich, RI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IGT (West Greenwich, RI (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Online application process + employee referral; Two 1:1 interviews with fairly straightforward questions in a relaxed datacenter environment. In-depth background checks from multiple state lottery agencies so be prepared to divulge the last ten years of your life.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at IGT (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

A phone screen and an onsite panel interview. I had to dress up in a jacket and tie, the panel wore jeans and T-shirts which seemed odd. It was basically all their developers and managers sitting around a table (maybe 8) firing questions at me. There was one whiteboard coding quiz - identify all the elements in an array that appear multiple times and how many times they appear.

Interview Questions

• How do you debug software that you've never seen before and know nothing about?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IGT (Providence, RI (US)).

Interview

Had call with recruiter. and took recruiter a month later to call back for inperson meeting... hellllo? Inperson meeting subpar, managers not prepared, tehcnology not working. Suppose to be some professional company in Ri... helloooooooooo?

Interview Questions

• What languages have you coded in before?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IGT in March 2018.

Interview

First interview with the recruiting contact over the phone for about 45 minutes, then the manager of the team for about an hour and then meet with the group which is one day affair

Interview Questions

• The most difficult assignment you had   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IGT (Reno, NV (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

You will do a brief personalty interview with HR. The second stage is a phone interview going over general software engineering questions. It will then move to a group interview with the head of the department and several senior engineers. I did my group interview off-site at home via video conference.

Interview Questions

• The difference between Upcasting and Downcasting in C++   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IGT in April 2017.

Interview

I had one phone-call interview with the technology manager I would be working under. Was about 30 minutes or so and fairly straight forward. Asked for a little bit about myself and what I was studying. He hit me with a few straightforward web-dev type vocab questions, and then had me explain some more specific concepts based on what I told him I had been learning in my courses. On the few spots I admitted to not being sure, he helped me out and explained.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IGT (Reno, NV (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

Submit resume, get phone call from HR and schedules initial phone interview. Conference call with multiple people. Initial interview was technical - asked previous projects, experience. In the initial phone interview they weren't interested in my personality, they were only interested in technical knowledge. They do not give you a call when you didn't make it through.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IGT (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

1st Interview: Phone screening, mostly technical questions regarding OOP practices (4 pillars, design patterns, etc.)
    2nd Interview: On site in LV. White board pseudo coding, system design analysis, resume run-through, how skills tie into what IGT does, what job requires, etc.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult part for me was the white board coding questions, as there were quite a few in my case.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IGT in February 2014.

Interview

First, I was called by a recruiter. The conversation was pleasant, and he said he would call me back to discuss the position further after showing my resume to the recruiting manager. However, he didn't call back at the time he scheduled because he unexpectedly took time off. This was the start of the rather unorganized interview process to follow...

The in-person interview that followed also went well and was quite pleasant, except that the manager who was supposed to let me in and get the process started was quite late. Afterwards, I was put on a conference call with an HR manager, who was also quite nice but difficult to understand over the phone.

Finally, a different HR manager scheduled to call me a few days later. She asked essentially the same things as the other manager over the phone. This felt like a redundant third step to me.

Overall, I had good impressions from the managers I met in person, but I felt a strong vibe of general disorganization and horrible communication from the remote contributors. Also, all interviewers emphasized the "support" aspect of the position, which felt to me as translating to "lots of unpredictable hours".

Considering the relatively low pay for the workload and the skill set required, I chose to decline for a different offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First a phone screening, then an interview. There was coding involved and some theoretical questions

Interview Questions

• The hardest question was related to bit manipulation. Asked how to tell if a number is a power of two without math.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.