IGT Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

IGT Reviews

Updated Sep 18, 2019

Found 993 reviews

3.2
IGT CEO Marco Sala (no image)
Marco Sala
Pros
  • "Wonderful work-life balance, we work under objectives so we manage our times(in 75 reviews)

• "Good benefits with great work colleagues(in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management decided to take the practices of a bankrupt company and lay people off(in 60 reviews)

• "Leadership is weak, and getting progressively weaker since acquisition by GTech(in 43 reviews)

1. "Good company"

I worked at IGT full-time

Pros

Nice people to work with including good staff retention rates. Good resources and flexibility allows for a good work life balance.

Cons

Lots of change currently going on due to recent merger which can create uncertainty around jobs and future structure of the business. However this is likely to settle as time goes on.

Advice to Management

Continue to reward individuals for their achievements and communicate to staff on impending changes and product lines.

IGT2015-10-19
  2. "Ok company"

Former Employee - Scrum Master

I worked at IGT full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lot of growth for new talent

Cons

Management is weak and need to look after

IGT2019-07-16
  3. "System Support"

Former Employee - Systems Support in Sydney

I worked at IGT full-time for more than a year

Pros

Exposure to the latest in Gaming Industry tech. Fair amount of travel gotta get those Velocity points.

Cons

Long hours on installs/ Projects, product training is not provided and you will need to figure out everything yourself, Dysfunctional and disenfranchised team due to lack of leadership and management.

Advice to Management

Systems management team is in desperate need of people and business management training.

IGT2017-06-08

"Strangle the chicken to increase egg production"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at IGT full-time

Pros

Many good hard working staff both legacy IGT & Gtech, middle management open and honest and resonable remuneration

Cons

Current strategy is to increase egg production by throttling the chicken. Sales is a highly regarded focus but back of house is seen as a drain on profit. Current strategies include - No new hires or replacements especially in IT, leading to significant drop in support value to the business needs - No travel apparently everything can be done on the phone unless you are a VP, again leading to lack of business... appreciation and therefore lowering of support standards - HR corporate & HR local have no cohesion, providing un realistic salary expectations to local staff that will not be honoured at corporate level - Collaboration tools simply don't work on the Legacy IGT side, so much for no need to travel, combined with two distinct (domains) networks After 20 years staring to see the same mistakes by the new owner, we do miss Tom Baker

Advice to Management

The company you bought is good and has strong roots, Sales is ultimately the product of success if your back of house provides support regardless if they are Marketing, Finance, IT or Logistics, not sexy but necessary. Don't frustrate them and expect that can continue to do more with less, recognise them and make them feel part of the team with personal interaction especially the Internationals, less Video Town... Hall meetings at all hours of the night and more face to face. Italy is the companies roots but continuely applying restrictive polices to the company but always excluding Italy does promote the us and them. IT IS COMBINED A GOOD COMPANY

IGT2016-10-01
  5. "Systems Support"

Current Employee - Systems Support in Sydney

I have been working at IGT full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good company to work for, friendly environment, could be very hectic at times, with everything there is always 'Give & Take' culture.

Cons

Sometimes work could be hectic and long hours. We may need additional resources and product testings could be improved. Management consultation and approach could be improved.

Advice to Management

Need to further and frequent communication, especially direction of the future products and paths.

IGT2015-03-23

"Need for true International Management"

I have been working at IGT full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good people to work with, lot of long term employees who care about the company

Cons

HR Policies that tick the boxes are running the business combined with a focus on reducing overheads not driving revenue

Advice to Management

Simple, decrease long term overheads by driving up sales and revenue, not by cutting staff. Globalisation presently reads as centralisation within silos, resulting in limited ability to understand the differences between domestic US markets and International opportunities.

IGT2014-05-19

"As a company I didn't like much of it. The team I worked with made my time there worth while and a decent experience."

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at IGT full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Allowed for personal growth. Great people to work with.

Cons

No room to advance in both position and salary. Constant update emails about how the company is doing so well yet they have constant lay-offs with not much sense of employee loyalty. Work culture is fairly boring in my branch (might not be the same in Reno HQ)

IGT2014-05-15
  8. "IGT - International Gaming Technologies"

Current Employee - Computer Operator

I have been working at IGT full-time

Pros

World wide company, pays on the payday

Cons

High difference between the employers salaries according to location.

IGT2019-09-18
  9. "I have benefited"

Current Employee - Analyst in Reno, NV

I have been working at IGT full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

IGT, the management, has taken care of me unlike other co-workers in other departments.

Cons

Majority of departments do not communicate effectively to benefit the greater good of the company.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees that get the work done rather than those who are your favorites and have behavior issues with the majority. Remind them high school is over.

IGT2019-09-19
  10. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Promotions Specialist

I have been working at IGT part-time

Pros

Team driven environment, professional staff.

Cons

Large company beauracracy sometimes moves paitienly.

Advice to Management

Keep going strong.

IGT2019-09-10