IMC Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

IMC Trading Interview Questions

Interviews at IMC Trading

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IMC Trading (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Neurolymics and basic probability and math test also a few data analysis questions. The test was mostly easy nothing too difficult. Although I don't know what I did wrong to get rejected after this round.

Interview Questions

• Q. What is the probability of landing on the Broadway street tile in monopoly after 10 rotations. You can approximate the answer.   1 Answer

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Champaign, IL (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Online coding assessment, video interview, onsite person interview. The coding assessment is a string manipulation problem. The problem is not hard, but the problem prompt is very long and it took me a lot of time trying to understand the problem.

Graduate Broker Trader Interview

Interview

I received a technical screen via email that included a math and statistics test. I passed the test, then received a further email to complete a behavioral video interview. This seemed to be a system-generated response and was scheduled over Thanksgiving for me.

I did not catch the email and missed the 48-hour deadline during my travels, so I emailed the recruiting team as soon as I noticed. Nobody replied to me. Then, I got in touch with a recruiter directly that I found through a connection with my school, and she offered to help but looped me in with her coworker who ultimately didn't reply to my inquiry.

Today I received a generic email from the imc workday account stating that I did not move forward in the interview process due to failure to submit necessary materials on time.

lol, just lol

Graduate Broker Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading in December 2019.

Interview

I was told I was selected for a video interview. I promptly replied to the recruiter who never replied to my email. I waited a week until the date for my hypothetical interview passed and called the company. They said the recruiter would get back to me. Only after this, she replied to my email and mentioned that they may or may not be able to fit me in with my other offer deadline. The recruiter knew about my other deadline as I had mentioned it in the email I had originally sent to her which she ignored. She purposefully did not reply to my email and my countless follow ups. Very unprofessional experience for a company this large.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, WI (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

I was asked to finish two online technical assessments after I submitted my application. The first one is to measure general aptitude, digital logic knowledge, and the ability to complete practical applications of key hardware skills (have 27 min to complete the test). The second one is about RTL coding, and I had 150 min to finish it.

Quant Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading.

Interview

Applied online for new grad position. I was sent a math/probability test, then after passing was sent an online video interview, to which I was supposed to record my answers. Got the questions right but heard back about a month later that the position was filled.

Interview Questions

• Online interview was both technical and behavioral.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMC Trading.

Interview

I applied online and received an online hacker rank software engineering (non-algorithm) coding challenge. I was rejected within the day. The coding challenge was design based and involved a battleship-esque problem.

Graduate Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IMC Trading.

Interview

First a multiple choice quiz then a timed coding assessment then a recorded video interview and then onsite final interviews super day. Pretty easy technical, logical and algorithm type questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one criticism you have received from friends or teammates?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

I applied online through their portal. They sent me a code screening the following day, so I assume it's automated. After I finished the code screening, it took them about a week to announce that I passed, and they sent me a HireVue video interview, which consists of 10 questions, One about object-oriented design, two behavioral, and the rest is algorithm and programming questions.

Quant Trading Interview

Interview

I applied online through the imc website.
    First, I got a Math/stats exam.
    On campus interviews happened next. These were kind of like a sanity check for them.
    Onsite was one day with 3 interviews in a row, mix of behavioral and technical questions depending on the interview.

Interview Questions

• Problem solving questions to see how you think   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.