IMC Trading Reviews
89% would recommend to a friend
(205 total reviews)
IMC Financial Markets
91% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Very poor management, old technology." (in 8 reviews)
- "life balance, long hours" (in 7 reviews)
- "Bonus is a black box and most people have no clue how it is determined and why it is skewed the way it is." (in 5 reviews)
- "Managers used to be the best engineers/traders and this doesn't necessary mean a good leader or manager." (in 4 reviews)
- "Low flexibility in project work" (in 4 reviews)
Found 205 of over 288 reviews
Updated 23 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.08 Oct 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsSydney
Surrounded by smart, passionate, driven and down to earth peers who all want to do great work and have fun together along the way. Culture is super special and everyone is playing an active part in keeping it alive.
Not a lot of flexibility
- 5.022 Aug 2023HR GeneralistCurrent Employee
Working with smart, motivated people. Getting a lot of opportunity and responsibility for growth early on in your career. Flat structure allows for strong collaboration. Generous benefits.
Nothing to comment. What I find with IMC is that they always welcome new ideas, and invest a lot of time to ensure you have the right opportunities to continue your growth.
- 5.025 Aug 2023Graduate Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSydney
So many! Most notable: very reasonable work hours, smart colleagues who are so generous with their time, great mentoring, heaps of learning and development opportunities, super nice office with healthy & delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Priorities can change often and quickly so you need to be onboard with that.
- 5.024 Aug 2023Office AssistantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSydney
IMC is a company with many opportunities and exciting team-building events. I have had a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend this business to others.
We have a lot of food and snacks on offer - self-control is hard!
- 5.029 Aug 2023Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSydney
- Good pay - Interesting projects - Smart co-workers
Sometimes market does weird things and stresses people out
- 1.02 Aug 2023Graduate TraderCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSydney
Free food, good compensation relative to other industries and smart colleagues.
Long hours, rampant politics, with some of the lowest pay in the industry. Unfortunately, even the free food has been declining in quality.11IMC Trading Response4mo
Thank you for your honest feedback. We're happy to hear that you enjoy working alongside friendly colleagues and free daily meals. However, we're sorry to learn that you feel the hours are lengthy and that politics exist in the office. At IMC, we carefully hire people who are prepared for the challenge and sharp learning curve and believe we are transparent about the depth of the role throughout the application process. That said, work/life balance is essential to our employee experience. It's encouraged through bonus annual leave and flexibility built on trust with our employees. We hope you'll reach out to your dedicated HR Business Partner to discuss your concerns in more detail, as we're always open to understanding how we can improve.
- 5.08 Feb 2023Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
It’s just awesome, I recommend it
Nothing comes to mind hereIMC Trading Response10mo
Thank you for your feedback. We're so pleased to hear that you enjoy working at IMC! The ongoing experience of every one of our employees is important to us, and we would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experiences at IMC in more detail. If you would like to reach out anytime, please email email@example.com. Kind regards, IMC Team
IMC Trading Reviews FAQs
IMC Trading has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 288 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at IMC Trading to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
89% of IMC Trading employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated IMC Trading 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.